• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rememvber when Jerry wined and dined the refs?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT call, I'll give you.

That being said, there were no DPI's that were called to benefit Seattle, then picked up.

Maybe Seattle shouldn't have:

1) Pushed off in the endzone

2) Allowed Big Ben to pick up 37 yards on 3rd and 25 to get down to the 3

3) Allowed Willie Parker to run for 75

4) Mismanaged the clock at the end of the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter

5) Allowed the gadget play TD.

6) Held Clark Haggins a couple plays before the INT.

We made the big plays and you didn't. It's that simple.

First of all, I am NOT a Seahawks fan. And to say that Seattle did not make the big plays, every big play was called back, often on ticky tack flags...

And I vehemently disagree on (1) - for that to have been OPI just about every law of physics has to be rewritten, and (3) - IIRC Parker was sprung by either a massive hold or illegal block...

What turned most neutrals - pretty much anyone not in Steelers gear - against the refs and the Steelers was the fact that the game was simply not called consistently and evenly. If you decide to call ticky tack, than do it both ways, not just one (for as much flack as the Eagles at Arizona refs IMO deserve, they were for instance consistent with the BS roughing the passer calls, on both sides).

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I am NOT a Seahawks fan. And to say that Seattle did not make the big plays, every big play was called back, often on ticky tack flags...

And I vehemently disagree on (1) - for that to have been OPI just about every law of physics has to be rewritten, and (3) - IIRC Parker was sprung by either a massive hold or illegal block...

What turned most neutrals - pretty much anyone not in Steelers gear - against the refs and the Steelers was the fact that the game was simply not called consistently and evenly. If you decide to call ticky tack, than do it both ways, not just one (for as much flack as the Eagles at Arizona refs IMO deserve, they were for instance consistent with the BS roughing the passer calls, on both sides).

It is pointless to argue about it with stealer fans. They are blind homers and will never see it any other way. I just like to remind them. They will never believe the game was purchased cause it would upset their view that everything stealer is above good sportsmanship. And they are so easy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight, let it go.

Geezer has done nothing but troll, he has nothing .......he comes on trolls, brings no points, then disappears

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rog wants the boys moving on

Rog the Giants fan, whom dinged the Cowboys a couple of years ago in regards to the cap when Mara was like, "Penalize them!" That Rog? Makes sense.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midnight, let it go.

Geezer has done nothing but troll, he has nothing .......he comes on trolls, brings no points, then disappears

Hold on, I do bring multiple points, on some threads and I never disappear until fishing season.

The rest is possibly correct depending how you look at it. It is just hard not to take a shot at certain teams. I try, I really do. But some posters bring out my worst.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The illegal BLOCK on hasselbeck when he made a TACKLE was the icing on the screw job.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who don't know: TMZ video of the Cowboys "entertaining" the top NFL officials with some ho's on the "party bus" last year:

080614-cowboys-bus-launch-v3-3.jpg

Dean Blandino, NFL person in charge of officiating:

dean_blandino_tmz.jpg

Executives from several NFL clubs expressed extreme disappointment and anger at a TMZ video that appears to show the league's head of officiating, Dean Blandino, out for a night of partying in Los Angeles with Cowboys EVP and son of owner Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones.

Is this the NFL ref czar on Cowboys' party bus? Irate NFL execs say yes - CBSSports.com

as long as all this doesn't count against our cap :becky:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The illegal BLOCK on hasselbeck when he made a TACKLE was the icing on the screw job.

Hasselback commented about that a few years ago,he said he asked the ref "Why are you doing this?" and the ref would not look at him in the eyes the whole rest of the game.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasselback commented about that a few years ago,he said he asked the ref "Why are you doing this?" and the ref would not look at him in the eyes the whole rest of the game.

that game was probably the worst officiated game in NFL history.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am over it just fine. But I will never let stealer fans forget. Also I have no need to drink much with all the drugs I abuse. Its good to be a vagrant.

Just repeat after me, You won 5 superbowls and another was purchased!

That tells me you're not over it. You're still bitter and want your pound of flesh.

Two words: Golden Tate.

Oh wait...but that helped Seattle so you're not going to get all angry about that.

Double standard much?

As for the drugs - well, when you get to be our age, you get the best ones. :yahoo:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? ..no pics of Jerry with Bigfoot?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of playing the game is that you have to adjust to how it's being called. The game was being called tightly and Seattle never adjusted, Pittsburgh did.

Why?

Because we just got through playing 3 road games where we weren't going to get the friendly calls and Seattle just finished playing 2 where they did.

Remember the Redskins game in Seattle? One of the Redskins got called for holding and he was on the bench at the time. I don't recall Seattle fans being upset about that. Do you?

The OPI on D Jax...99% chance that if he doesn't extend the arm, he makes the catch anyway. The refs will let you push off only if you don't extend the elbow. One you do that, it's OPI and the ref was right to throw the flag. It was hard enough to make our safety hop backwards.

I've watched the run by Parker over 50 times - I have it on video on my ipod - there was no hold. Our LT pulled right and led through the hole. The safety was out of position. Why? Because the Seahawks stopped us in first down, Holmgren takes the safety out to give him a rest and bring him back for 3rd down. Bonehead move as they just came out of the locker room. The backup was out of position. He was to far up and Parker went right by him. Result, a SB record setting TD and it changed the game. It gave us an 11 point lead and Cowher has only ever lost 1 game when leading by 11 at any point. The Seahawks had to pass more to get back in it and they didn't until they got an INT off Big Ben that set them up for a TD.

We made the big plays and they didn't. Simple.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT call, I'll give you.

That being said, there were no DPI's that were called to benefit Seattle, then picked up.

Maybe Seattle shouldn't have:

1) Pushed off in the endzone

2) Allowed Big Ben to pick up 37 yards on 3rd and 25 to get down to the 3

3) Allowed Willie Parker to run for 75

4) Mismanaged the clock at the end of the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter

5) Allowed the gadget play TD.

6) Held Clark Haggins a couple plays before the INT.

We made the big plays and you didn't. It's that simple.

That was the worst call, imo, of the game. Those push offs happen on every fucking play yet they call it on a TD? bullshit

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching football literally all of my life. I've never seen such a bullshit call.

It was DPI all the way. The defender not only never got his head around, but had his body completely away from the ball. He was face guarding him all the way.

It was called DPI on the field.

It was announced over the speakers.

Then the ref, for reasons we'll never know unless we check bank accounts, picked up the flag.

For those that don't know...Pete Morelli is the moron that reversed the Troy Polamalu INT in the Colts-Steelers playoff game in January of 2006. Remember? Troy picked off Manning at midfield? It was ruled an INT on the field, Tony Dungy challenges, and it's over turned?

The NFL would later apologize and say that Pete got it wrong.

He needs to be taken out of the NFL and not be allowed to ref ever again.

There was NO WAY that wasn't DPI.

Worst. Call. Ever.

How can a defender turn their head around if the offensive player has their fingers in the defensive players facemask?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the worst call, imo, of the game. Those push offs happen on every fucking play yet they call it on a TD? bullshit

He extended the elbow and they're going to call that every time.

99% chance he catches the ball if he doesn't do that - but he did.

It was hard enough to make our safety hop backwards, was it not?

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that investment paid off for him tonight...

Do you truly believe every team in the NFL doesn't do this? ... was it in poor taste ... ABSOLUTELY ... but every other team will and does do it ...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO one has pointed out that this is all half a year old?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO one has pointed out that this is all half a year old?

An earlier poster did, yes.

That being said, if Jerry Jones throws a party for you with drinkin' and party freakin', are you likely to not remember that if he needs a little extra help?]

Judges recuse themselves on cases where - even if it were decades ago - they might have a conflict of interest.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An earlier poster did, yes.

That being said, if Jerry Jones throws a party for you with drinkin' and party freakin', are you likely to not remember that if he needs a little extra help?]

Judges recuse themselves on cases where - even if it were decades ago - they might have a conflict of interest.

straws, you be graspin at them