• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rememvber when Jerry wined and dined the refs?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that investment paid off for him tonight...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching football literally all of my life. I've never seen such a bullshit call.

It was DPI all the way. The defender not only never got his head around, but had his body completely away from the ball. He was face guarding him all the way.

It was called DPI on the field.

It was announced over the speakers.

Then the ref, for reasons we'll never know unless we check bank accounts, picked up the flag.

For those that don't know...Pete Morelli is the moron that reversed the Troy Polamalu INT in the Colts-Steelers playoff game in January of 2006. Remember? Troy picked off Manning at midfield? It was ruled an INT on the field, Tony Dungy challenges, and it's over turned?

The NFL would later apologize and say that Pete got it wrong.

He needs to be taken out of the NFL and not be allowed to ref ever again.

There was NO WAY that wasn't DPI.

Worst. Call. Ever.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rog wants the boys moving on

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rog wants the boys moving on

maybe he was afraid someone would bring up reggie bush's comments about beating his 1 yr old as they got deeper into the playoffs

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously cannot recall a play like that in a playoff game, where there was a clear penalty, and then it is overturned without explanation. It's highly suspect.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching football literally all of my life. I've never seen such a bullshit call.

It was DPI all the way. The defender not only never got his head around, but had his body completely away from the ball. He was face guarding him all the way.

It was called DPI on the field.

It was announced over the speakers.

Then the ref, for reasons we'll never know unless we check bank accounts, picked up the flag.

For those that don't know...Pete Morelli is the moron that reversed the Troy Polamalu INT in the Colts-Steelers playoff game in January of 2006. Remember? Troy picked off Manning at midfield? It was ruled an INT on the field, Tony Dungy challenges, and it's over turned?

The NFL would later apologize and say that Pete got it wrong.

He needs to be taken out of the NFL and not be allowed to ref ever again.

There was NO WAY that wasn't DPI.

Worst. Call. Ever.

I can think of a few,but hey denial is not a river in Egypt,,,:whistle:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of a few,but hey denial is not a river in Egypt,,,:whistle:

You lost. Your team sucked that day. Your offense mismanaged the clock and your 'defense' couldn't stop a nose bleed. NONE of the calls in that game were as bad as the DPI today in Dallas.

Show me one call in SB XL where the ref picked up a flag.

I'll wait.

Crybaby Seahawks fans.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously cannot recall a play like that in a playoff game, where there was a clear penalty, and then it is overturned without explanation. It's highly suspect.

I think him putting both hands in the air as the ball arrived convinced at least one ref that there was no contact, even though there was. Honestly, live I was yelling that he didn't touch him. It wasn't until the replay that I saw that he did make contact before the last second. I think if it was never called in the first place it wouldn't even have been a big deal. Just the fact of picking it up and picking it up so late that made it a head scratcher.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes it even worse

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the week, TMZ released a video of Jerry Jones's son Stephen partying with several people, including what appears to be Dean Blandino, the NFL's head of officiating. According to at least one person Jason La Canfora spoke to in the league, that is "definitely" him in the blue, skipping out of a Dallas Cowboys party bus.

On first blush, the video is not all that interesting. It's just Stephen Jones and his entourage hanging out with several women on a bus with a bunch of Cowboys logos on it on the Sunset Strip. NFL executives are livid, however, because Blandino is looking so chummy with a team executive and owner's son.

NFL Execs Pissed That Head Of Officiating Was Seen On Cowboys Party Bus

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who don't know: TMZ video of the Cowboys "entertaining" the top NFL officials with some ho's on the "party bus" last year:

080614-cowboys-bus-launch-v3-3.jpg

Dean Blandino, NFL person in charge of officiating:

dean_blandino_tmz.jpg

Executives from several NFL clubs expressed extreme disappointment and anger at a TMZ video that appears to show the league's head of officiating, Dean Blandino, out for a night of partying in Los Angeles with Cowboys EVP and son of owner Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes

Last edited by a moderator:

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost. Your team sucked that day. Your offense mismanaged the clock and your 'defense' couldn't stop a nose bleed. NONE of the calls in that game were as bad as the DPI today in Dallas.

I'll wait.

Crybaby Seahawks fans.

You sound drunk and angry. Been a bad weekend? Usually when you start buying wine by the gallon, its time to dry out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the ref usually explain why the pick up the flag?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound drunk and angry. Been a bad weekend? Usually when you start buying wine by the gallon, its time to dry out.

I don't drink, TY.

My weekend was fine.

But as long as we're giving opinions on one another...

Sounds like you never got over SB XL. So maybe it's time YOU dry out.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't the ref usually explain why the pick up the flag?

Yes, they do.

Ed Houculli (sp?) is the best at that. He wants the fans to know what he did and why.

Pete Morelli on the other hand - is the guy that reversed the Troy Polamalu INT of Manning in the Colts playoff game in January of '06.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll wait.

Crybaby Seahawks fans.

The illegal block on the Seahawks QB when he tried to tackle the Steelers DB that returned an interception is as bad if not worse as what happened today.

That game was officiated so badly in favour of the Steelers that after 3 quarters everyone who had started out neutral was disgusted and rooting for Seattle. I was among them, even though I had started out slightly biased in favour of the Steelers (mostly because IIRC Duce Staley was on the team then, and I had some sympathy for Bettis).

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The illegal block on the Seahawks QB when he tried to tackle the Steelers DB that returned an interception is as bad if not worse as what happened today.

That game was officiated so badly in favour of the Steelers that after 3 quarters everyone who had started out neutral was disgusted and rooting for Seattle.

Now THAT call, I'll give you.

That being said, there were no DPI's that were called to benefit Seattle, then picked up.

Maybe Seattle shouldn't have:

1) Pushed off in the endzone

2) Allowed Big Ben to pick up 37 yards on 3rd and 25 to get down to the 3

3) Allowed Willie Parker to run for 75

4) Mismanaged the clock at the end of the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter

5) Allowed the gadget play TD.

6) Held Clark Haggins a couple plays before the INT.

We made the big plays and you didn't. It's that simple.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink, TY.

My weekend was fine.

But as long as we're giving opinions on one another...

Sounds like you never got over SB XL. So maybe it's time YOU dry out.
I am over it just fine. But I will never let stealer fans forget. Also I have no need to drink much with all the drugs I abuse. Its good to be a vagrant.

Just repeat after me, You won 5 superbowls and another was purchased!