• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not how you start it's how you finish, while losing yesterday to a Breesless Saints team sucked, you just gotta tip your hat to them, and move on to the next game... We have LOT'S of areas for improvement and that's the good thing, if it was a lack of talent we would know it's trouble, but this team has the talent all all over the place.... it's just a matter of coming together and eliminating stupid mistakes, which we're making way too many of.... We're 2-1 and sitting in a good position, lot's of football left ... Off to AZ ! One week at a time....

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Talent all over the place"...just not for football. XD

But seriously, though, I got to see some of the slopfest on a monitor at work yesterday, and I found myself thinking that having been a second-half team for so long, is it possible that our luck ran out?

A co-worker pointed out the lack of O-line, which had been a crutch for us for x amount of years, and I also realized that our defense just simply non-existent...

(I've said it before, I'll say it again: ZONE IS FOR PUSSIES)

...but one would think that somewhere at halftime, someone would make mention that how they were playing was simply not working, and a new game plan was needed. But instead, it was just Carroll being Carroll and not willing to change things to help...or maybe some whoever we got at defensive coaching being himself...whoever it was, someone wasn't doing his job, much less giving a damn.

If they want to prove to us that they still have any talent, they'll have to find it before that Arizona game. And here's hoping they do.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Talent all over the place"...just not for football. XD

But seriously, though, I got to see some of the slopfest on a monitor at work yesterday, and I found myself thinking that having been a second-half team for so long, is it possible that our luck ran out?

A co-worker pointed out the lack of O-line, which had been a crutch for us for x amount of years, and I also realized that our defense just simply non-existent...

(I've said it before, I'll say it again: ZONE IS FOR PUSSIES)

...but one would think that somewhere at halftime, someone would make mention that how they were playing was simply not working, and a new game plan was needed. But instead, it was just Carroll being Carroll and not willing to change things to help...or maybe some whoever we got at defensive coaching being himself...whoever it was, someone wasn't doing his job, much less giving a damn.

If they want to prove to us that they still have any talent, they'll have to find it before that Arizona game. And here's hoping they do.

I thought the defense was playing well for the most part, later in the game they kinda fell apart with sloppy tackling... But the Saints offense didn't really need to do much, we spotted them 2 TD's from special teams play and our offense fumbling the ball, Carson specifically.... We also gave our defense a short field to work with a couple times failing on 4th down deep in our territory... I wouldn't put this loss on the defense, they did enough, we just kept making stupid mistakes... I wanted to pull my hair out after the missed field goal and we lined up wrong and gave them a free 1st down after stopping them... THAT was inexcusable! It kinda summed up the day....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I told you before week 1 we would be 3-1 after the first 4 games, you'd take that in a heartbeat. Still a very good chance that happens.

Lots to clean up, yes, but this team always tends to play better throughout the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the two teams the Hawks beat are a combined 0-6. Also the only games that these two very bad teams almost won are against the Hawks. I am still waiting for a good victory this year. By good i mean a well played game where they look like a capable team with a shot at making the playoffs. We have not seen anything close to that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the two teams the Hawks beat are a combined 0-6. Also the only games that these two very bad teams almost won are against the Hawks. I am still waiting for a good victory this year. By good i mean a well played game where they look like a capable team with a shot at making the playoffs. We have not seen anything close to that.

It’s been sloppy, coaches have also been sloppy with decision making also... But the fact we haven’t put it together yet doesn’t mean we won’t, we’ll know more over the next 6-7 weeks ...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
From what I've seen of them this season (NFL Gamepass condensed games are awesome btw) they largely look like the team last season.

So I see them capable of making the playoffs, they'll beat some teams that are "better" than they are, lose to some teams they have no business losing too, and probably be around that 10-6 range give or take a win.

Hard to say if they'll actually make the playoffs because the way the NFC is shaping up right now there might be a couple of playoff caliber teams that get edged out.

I think Pete is great when it comes to the defensive side of the ball but I think he's completely lackluster when it comes to offensive matters and I see that always been an area that will hold back the team from really competing in the playoffs.

What he wants to do on offense requires a top tier defense which is why it worked in the LOB era and even than there were some close calls but with just a good defense it's going to be hard to beat teams in the playoffs because almost every game you're going to play chances are is going to have a good defensive line that will shut down the run. And as great as Wilson is you can only pull rabbits out of your hat so many times before you run out of magic.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not how you start it's how you finish, while losing yesterday to a Breesless Saints team sucked, you just gotta tip your hat to them, and move on to the next game... We have LOT'S of areas for improvement and that's the good thing, if it was a lack of talent we would know it's trouble, but this team has the talent all all over the place.... it's just a matter of coming together and eliminating stupid mistakes, which we're making way too many of.... We're 2-1 and sitting in a good position, lot's of football left ... Off to AZ ! One week at a time....

I will say that I never want to see Alvin Kamara against the Seahawks again. The guy is fucking ridiculous.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I never want to see Alvin Kamara against the Seahawks again. The guy is fucking ridiculous.

He’s good, but we also helped him by not tackling very well, very sloppy on our part... So many high tackles and just trying to hit him down instead of wrapping him up...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s good, but we also helped him by not tackling very well, very sloppy on our part... So many high tackles and just trying to hit him down instead of wrapping him up...
I agree with that but fwiw, Kamara does that to a lot of teams. I think he is the best duel threat back in the game along with McCaffery but Kamara is on a better team and in a better offense. Zeke is the best pure back but Kamara is a special talent. I think there also might be too much being read into the Saints being without Brees. Bridgewater is a starter caliber QB, imo. Injuries derailed him as much as anything. But honestly, it wasn't like he lit up the Hawks D. Kamara did some damage but ST play and that fumble put the Hawks in a big hole. What's done is done and the team can get back on track vs. the Cards. All things considered, a 3-1 September is pretty good. I'm not going to read much into the "just barely won vs. shitty teams" thing. That is really nothing new. Especially early in the season. Not saying I want that to continue either. Hoping to see steady improvement but not overly concerned either. Just like I'm not going to anoint the 3-0 teams as champs yet. We really don't know a damn thing in the NFL until about week 10 and even then, it's iffy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater has made a Pro Bowl before and quarterbacked a team to the playoffs, so it wasn't like we were facing Nate Peterman. That was one of the strangest games I've seen in a while. All the Saints could really do on offense was dump it to Kamara, and they only had about 265 yards the whole game. We nearly doubled them up. But it's a good illustration of why yards don't always tell the whole story. NFL teams have enough talent to beat you when you give them 3 TDs from your mistakes. Change the outcome of 1 of those plays, and I think it could have been a really different game. The Hawks paid dearly for pretty much every mistake they made that game.