• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reheated Rice?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he still protected by the NFLPA after the Ravens cut him? If not, maybe that aided in the NFL's decision to suspend him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is.

Wouldn't it have been much better all around to have given him a six- or eight-game suspension in the first place? I bet Rice now wishes he hadn't lobbied for a lighter suspension.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely disagree with a man punching a women out of anger - makes him a punk and he should be arrested and locked up for quite sometime with required anger management. If law enforcement did so, he couldn't play anyway regardless of the NFL conduct policy. (not sure how any other corporation would handle a situation like this - but it would probably lack the media attention - which leads me to the next point).
By the same token, I am also opposed to the liberal media driving yet another major corporate entity to alter or change their policies based upon their sensationalism of an event. I think it gets into very dangerous territory when the law of the land is based upon social media driven anything - yet that appears to be where we are. There are sooooo many other major issues facing this country that need to be addressed by the media yet they keep silent on those, as in, let cover some other stuff and 'pay no attention to the man behind the curtain'. .... (sorry for the vent)
Not sure what to make of her marrying the guy afterwards - but that another topic to ponder.
(done).

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might be missing another point - the only media company driving this was TMZ - the rest was an explosion on social media, which isn't especially liberal, just a zillion individuals. More like the hysterical media. The mob media.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might be missing another point - the only media company driving this was TMZ - the rest was an explosion on social media, which isn't especially liberal, just a zillion individuals. More like the hysterical media. The mob media.

Not true at all, actually. The associated press is all over this like flies on shit. Goodell will be fired or he will resign before this is over.

This is and was a coverup from the get-go. Goodell and the NFL are absolutely lying through their teeth.

I hope Ray Rice sues them for many things and is awarded an enormous sum on money. I'm sure he will. I'm sure he'll win.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The associated press is all over this

Maybe now, but no news organization could keep up on the 8th in the hours between the video release and the ban. That was a wildfire beyond what journalists can even play a role in. By the time they reported something they were already two hours behind.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe now, but no news organization could keep up on the 8th in the hours between the video release and the ban. That was a wildfire beyond what journalists can even play a role in. By the time they reported something they were already two hours behind.

I'm not sure what your point is. They're not Marvin the Mind Reader. They needed a clue first. They got one. They're running with it from there.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is the press services, television, or traditional news sites are too slow to really drive public reaction over the course of a few hours, which is all it took Goodell to pull the trigger. The clue came from TMZ.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is the press services, television, or traditional news sites are too slow to really drive public reaction over the course of a few hours, which is all it took Goodell to pull the trigger. The clue came from TMZ.

And TMZ was the highest bidder. It could have been driven by anybody. TMZ just offered the highest amount.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely disagree with a man punching a women out of anger - makes him a punk and he should be arrested and locked up for quite sometime with required anger management. If law enforcement did so, he couldn't play anyway regardless of the NFL conduct policy. (not sure how any other corporation would handle a situation like this - but it would probably lack the media attention - which leads me to the next point).
By the same token, I am also opposed to the liberal media driving yet another major corporate entity to alter or change their policies based upon their sensationalism of an event. I think it gets into very dangerous territory when the law of the land is based upon social media driven anything - yet that appears to be where we are. There are sooooo many other major issues facing this country that need to be addressed by the media yet they keep silent on those, as in, let cover some other stuff and 'pay no attention to the man behind the curtain'. .... (sorry for the vent)
Not sure what to make of her marrying the guy afterwards - but that another topic to ponder.
(done).

of course!!! but dont you think we a nation is hypocritical about this... If it was just a weaker man, the outrage would be almost non existent... The criminal aspect would still be there, but the media and social media outrage just would not be there... We have to get over categorizing crimes and just calling them what they are instead... this is assault and battery!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course!!! but dont you think we a nation is hypocritical about this... If it was just a weaker man, the outrage would be almost non existent... The criminal aspect would still be there, but the media and social media outrage just would not be there... We have to get over categorizing crimes and just calling them what they are instead... this is assault and battery!!!

correct - it is a criminal issue and should be treated as such. ... not a media event - but yet that is what we have. I understand now we have a bunch of senators lobbying the NFL - obviously they shouldn't be focused on more important issues.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a criminal issue and should be treated as such

By the way, NJ should take a look at their law - maybe include "unconscious" and not just "visible marks" when determining which degree of assault you can charge.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic as hell that Rihanna performed at the halftime show last night. CBS decided not to broadcast her song. Too bad, it would've added another chapter to the story of the absurd world of the NFL.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP

So if Rice is suspended indefinitely for "domestic abuse" then it stands to reason that Peterson would also be suspended indefinitely for "child abuse." Right?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Rice is suspended indefinitely for "domestic abuse" then it stands to reason that Peterson would also be suspended indefinitely for "child abuse." Right?

No he'll get a stern talking to, until TMZ leaks video of AP in the act. .. because that'll make it soo much worse

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our local TV news just said that the Vikes deactivated Peterson for Sunday's game.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs a video when you have AP's texts? I'm curling up protectively right now just readin' 'em.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just insane. I mean what in the hell did these guys do in the offseason? Does football need to become year round or what? Just can't believe all the stuff the past few days

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark week for the NFL continues... Getting back to Rice, I saw an interview Saturday morning with a Wall Street Journal investigative reporter who is involved in the Rice/NFL investigation.

I don't recall everything verbatim, but he essentially painted a sympatetic version of Goodell saying that he and the NFL hurriedly went through Rice's situation to spare his fiance from going through a long drawn-out inquiry, and making her relive it emotionally. And it all back-fired.