• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs Give Green Bay The Game

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ground causes a receiver to lose possession before he's made a "football move," by rule, he hasn't completed the process of the catch. Thus, it's an incompletion. There was a point in time when he had control, but, sadly, that doesn't matter. kinda baffling that you can hold a ball for so long and it's not a catch, but was the correct application of a questionable rule. It appears making a football move is subject to interpretation as well.

Dez took 3 step and had control of the ball. They need to Change the rule so refs are not allowed to use judgment. In this case dez became a ball carrier and the ref botched the call. Taking 3 fucking steps while controlling the ball is clearly a reception and whatever happens after that is incosequential. Its really not that hard and if a packer had been on top of dez after he had possession it would have been ruled a fumble

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez took 3 step and had control of the ball. They need to Change the rule so refs are not allowed to use judgment. In this case dez became a ball carrier and the ref botched the call. Taking 3 fucking steps while controlling the ball is clearly a reception and whatever happens after that is incosequential. Its really not that hard and if a packer had been on top of dez after he had possession it would have been ruled a fumble

3 Steps is also completely inconsequential. All three of his steps were in the process of his going to the ground. It could have been 10 steps, none of them were not in the process of falling. The rule may suck, but it is the rule, and they have set a precedent of calling it that way.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The defender touching him is inconsequential to it being a catch ("possession") or not, per the rule book:

"Note 1: A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, there is no possession. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, it is a catch, interception, or recovery."
Yes...We get that. There are two issues with the call and the interpretation:

1 - Many would say that he held possession as he went to the ground. Clearly had it as his right elbow was on the ground and he had the ball in his left AND then he stretched the ball in his hand to the goal line. Seems like he had the ball in his hands through the process of contacting the ground --- his right elbow on the ground!.

2. People are missing this one as well. I am not sure the ball clearly hit the ground. His big hands and that big glove seem to be between the ground and the ball and obscure the ball enough that one could say the ball bounced but can one truly say it bounced off the ground and not off his fingers that were between the ground and the ball.

In light of 1 and 2, I am not sure how the call on the field gets overturned. Again, probably does not matter, but it is total BS to say that the call was not a adjustment.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...We get that. There are two issues with the call and the interpretation:

1 - Many would say that he held possession as he went to the ground. Clearly had it as his right elbow was on the ground and he had the ball in his left AND then he stretched the ball in his hand to the goal line. Seems like he had the ball in his hands through the process of contacting the ground --- his right elbow on the ground!.

2. People are missing this one as well. I am not sure the ball clearly hit the ground. His big hands and that big glove seem to be between the ground and the ball and obscure the ball enough that one could say the ball bounced but can one truly say it bounced off the ground and not off his fingers that were between the ground and the ball.

In light of 1 and 2, I am not sure how the call on the field gets overturned. Again, probably does not matter, but it is total BS to say that the call was not a adjustment.

His hand is over a foot away from the ball.
bryant-2-e1421019879601.jpg

2cdae1b6ff9ae2f5ab0a01ce4bc5a28a_crop_north.jpg

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this one, where the ball is lower than his left hand.

dez-bryant-10.jpg

Which is why the other side of the ball popped up like this.

usp_nfl__divisional_round-dallas_cowboys_at_green_69942928.jpg

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
His hand is over a foot away from the ball.
bryant-2-e1421019879601.jpg

2cdae1b6ff9ae2f5ab0a01ce4bc5a28a_crop_north.jpg
Not his left hand...it is all over the ball. Don't see green hitting the ball in any picture where there is some doubt that his hand/fingers were not under it.....

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already explaiend why I believe it was the wrong call to make by the refs and I stand by it.

I won't say it lost the game though. Cowboys had their chances to win the game in other areas and blew it. The fumble by Murray, not recovering the fumble on the KO and letting them drive for the TD after, not getting the points before halftime.

Still sick and heart broken over the call. It is not 100% conclusive evidence that Bryant didn't make a football move with the ball or that the ball hit the ground. He reached for the endzone and came up short. He easily could have safely tucked the ball in and not tried to make a play but Dez was trying to ensure the TD. There is no way you reverse that call but don't reverse the call where the GB receiver had the ball clearly bounce off the ground and up into his belly but they didn't reverse it.

FUCK

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already explaiend why I believe it was the wrong call to make by the refs and I stand by it.

I won't say it lost the game though. Cowboys had their chances to win the game in other areas and blew it. The fumble by Murray, not recovering the fumble on the KO and letting them drive for the TD after, not getting the points before halftime.

Still sick and heart broken over the call. It is not 100% conclusive evidence that Bryant didn't make a football move with the ball or that the ball hit the ground. He reached for the endzone and came up short. He easily could have safely tucked the ball in and not tried to make a play but Dez was trying to ensure the TD. There is no way you reverse that call but don't reverse the call where the GB receiver had the ball clearly bounce off the ground and up into his belly but they didn't reverse it.

FUCK

If its any consolation, the Cowboys probably shouldn't have even been playing this week. Football karma if you will.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FUCK

Just saying, Rodgers was on a roll. With 4 minutes left and only a field goal to tie or win if Dallas misses the 2, good chance Green Bay still wins that game.

If that was the game ending call then maybe I'd be upset, but even with that catch the game wasn't over.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!! Wish the homers would take off their homer glasses. They just might see THE BALL HIT THE GROUND!!!! Fingers under it? :pound: really? U can clearly see the tip bounce. Haha

Well at least they didnt get screwed like the lions. We have seen this happen before. Calvin johnson? But we had never seen a PI called. Announced. Marked off. Then a ref 40 yds away says nevermind it never happened. Like others said. Be happy u got to play a game this week. Karma bitches!!!!! Sucks dont it?