• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs Give Green Bay The Game

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy this thread. Feels like poetic justice. :) good times. Its a bad rule and it needs to change.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think that as well. There was what 4 minutes left and they would have just needed a field goal.

And that's assuming the Cowboys would get a TD out of it. That's a pretty safe assumption but not a guarantee. But yeah, there's a good chance the Packers would be able to get a FG to win it, but I guess we'll never know.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why so many people are not calling this what it is....

This was a total make up call by NFL REFS. Too bad it affect 2 games now!! Where does it stop? This is how bad it is in all sports too. The refs/umps are way too involved, deciding the outcome of games.
Trigger happy refs are in all sports today and do any of us go to the games to see the fuckjng refs??

It's getting ridiculous.

Maybe the rule is redonk, but Dez caught that ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why so many people are not calling this what it is....

This was a total make up call by NFL REFS. Too bad it affect 2 games now!! Where does it stop? This is how bad it is in all sports too. The refs/umps are way too involved, deciding the outcome of games.
Trigger happy refs are in all sports today and do any of us go to see the fuckjng refs??

It's getting ridiculous.

Maybe the rule is redonk, but Dez caught that ball.

Millions of fans around the country who also don't understand the rules are agreeing with you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millions of fans around the country who also don't understand the rules are agreeing with you.
How about the tuck rule?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So stretching the ball out towards the goal line is not a football move in your view? Too close to call and to overturn but like I said earlier not the reason the Boys lost -- the Packers were the better team at home. If he has control and then makes a football move then catch and fumble at worse recovered by him. Also, you could never see the ball hit the ground from any view I saw. The ball seemed to bounce but his hand could have been in between the ground and the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How about it?

Wait, is that just your way of saying you also don't understand the rules?
Don't be so condescending...many here do understand the rules.....I think there is an interpretative issue. I bet you are glad you are not playing the Cowboys in Seattle. Already beat you once there. Good luck to you and the Packers though. Hope it is a good game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so condescending...many here do understand the rules.....I think there is an interpretative issue. I bet you are glad you are not playing the Cowboys in Seattle. Already beat you once there. Good luck to you and the Packers though. Hope it is a good game.

I wanted a rematch. And many don't understand the rules.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gets me is all a runner has to do is get any part of the ball over the goalline for it to be a TD, but if a WR catches it in the endzone, they have to "complete the football move." Even if they were already down by contact. Which Dez was before the ground effected the ball. Should've been first and goal around the one at that point. But even if you're going to use the rule, Dez's arm was still under the ball and had control when the ground grazed it, and they he caught it again. So either way its a catch. Dumb rule.

When the ground grazed it? Oh man thats funny. Looked like ball hit ground, not grazed. Either or, it doesnt matter. Touching the ground is touching the ground. Incomplete!!!! Gotta secure it through the ground if u go to the ground.

I like how now this rule needs to be looked at because it happened to the boys. Why didnt it need to be changed when it happened to calvin twice?

Easy call. Was correct to overturn. The rule is dumb but so are half the penalties they call.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When the ground grazed it? Oh man thats funny. Looked like ball hit ground, not grazed. Either or, it doesnt matter. Touching the ground is touching the ground. Incomplete!!!! Gotta secure it through the ground if u go to the ground.

I like how now this rule needs to be looked at because it happened to the boys. Why didnt it need to be changed when it happened to calvin twice?

Easy call. Was correct to overturn. The rule is dumb but so are half the penalties they call.
Poetic justice as some Lions fan say, but two things: (a) does stretching the ball out not constitute a football move and (b) did you see the ball hit the ground? I did not. Just saw Dez's hand under the ball and if his hand was under the ball and it popped up then even if not a football move in a then it should have been a catch and a TD.

Call on the filed should have stood. Again, irrelevant and Packers were better but this was not as obvious as some are saying.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a cry baby, I mean Dallas fan, try to bolster his argument by posting a tweet from LeBron saying it was a catch.

Well, it must be true if LeBron says it, right?

The same lebron that didnt see a penalty last week too right.

So glad i dont have to hear the bandwagon cowboy fans calling in on mad dog radio tonight. Last night one caller said dallas would win because all they had was rodgers lacy and nelson and rest of team was garbage. I was trying to think who was so much better on dallas defense than on GB. Also he gave cobb no love.

I rooted for GB. but now its time to get back to hating GB. go seattle. Seattle vs indy would be great!

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm imagine that, a team that doesnt deserve to be in a game cuz of a bad call, gets smoked by A CALL. while we weren't able to have a replay u got one. haha:lol: :bawling:<---------- hello dez. u got what u deserved

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really rest the ball on the turf like that while stretching for the endzone and then roll over while it is hanging rather loose and then grab it again. Could have gone either way possibly. Rodgers got on track in the 2nd half and was more mobile. A close game.