• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs Give Green Bay The Game

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Call, Bad Rule, regardless of what it is they should never ever decide a playoff game. I have no idea why that rule had not been addressed after Calvin Johnson had a game winning TD taken away. Did the NFL really think it wouldn't happen again in a crucial spot?

Possession is possession and if a receiver losses the ball after they have possession either mark it down or call it a fumble but don't let the ground cause a incompletion where the receiver had the ball. If he had possession and was touching or forced down by a Packer the ball should be dead when he hit the ground, IMO. Thought it that way when CJ's TD was taken away and still do today!

But the irony of it happening to Dez is :clap:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
attachment.php

:lol:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call was correct, the ground moved the ball. Nothing more to say about that. Shouldn't have gone for a deep pass like that on 4th and short.

Yes it was the correct call and there is no use in crying over it. The Packers won a hard fought game.

I'm a Seahawks fan, so i am at your guys throats ;) .

Yet Classy Posts guys:suds:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Call, Bad Rule, regardless of what it is they should never ever decide a playoff game. I have no idea why that rule had not been addressed after Calvin Johnson had a game winning TD taken away. Did the NFL really think it wouldn't happen again in a crucial spot?

Possession is possession and if a receiver losses the ball after they have possession either mark it down or call it a fumble but don't let the ground cause a incompletion where the receiver had the ball. If he had possession and was touching or forced down by a Packer the ball should be dead when he hit the ground, IMO. Thought it that way when CJ's TD was taken away and still do today!

But the irony of it happening to Dez is :clap:

The thing that gets me is all a runner has to do is get any part of the ball over the goalline for it to be a TD, but if a WR catches it in the endzone, they have to "complete the football move." Even if they were already down by contact. Which Dez was before the ground effected the ball. Should've been first and goal around the one at that point. But even if you're going to use the rule, Dez's arm was still under the ball and had control when the ground grazed it, and they he caught it again. So either way its a catch. Dumb rule.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gets me is all a runner has to do is get any part of the ball over the goalline for it to be a TD, but if a WR catches it in the endzone, they have to "complete the football move." Even if they were already down by contact. Which Dez was before the ground effected the ball. Should've been first and goal around the one at that point. But even if you're going to use the rule, Dez's arm was still under the ball and had control when the ground grazed it, and they he caught it again. So either way its a catch. Dumb rule.

I'm pretty sure that even if he crossed the goal line he would have had to secure it through the tackle. If he had caught it at the 5, turned upfield, and then broke the line then it could bounce free. But he was in the process of catching and going to the ground. Can't let the ground move the ball. Sucks, but it's a known rule.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much media heat this week for Jerrah to bring the Ho bus to Green Bay to service the refs and replay officials.

Karma baby.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much media heat this week for Jerrah to bring the Ho bus to Green Bay to service the refs and replay officials.

Karma baby.

by "this week" do you mean "back in august" like the last time the story came out? :pound:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to review this rule and change it, and bring back face guarding. It's so dumb that DBs can just run at a WR with their hands up not even looking at the ball and get away with it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to review this rule and change it, and bring back face guarding. It's so dumb that DBs can just run at a WR with their hands up not even looking at the ball and get away with it.

So it's dumb that a defender can defend a receiver without looking at the ball?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I told Guns and Guitars, Romo will get to play in the pro bowl he was selected to over Russell Wilson.

They knew Wilson would be playing in the SB anyway, so why waste a selection on him?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's dumb that a defender can defend a receiver without looking at the ball?

That's interfering with a WR's right to play the ball when the ball is in the air. Just my opinion. College still has the rule, and I like it. Should be a rule on every level.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interfering with a WR's right to play the ball when the ball is in the air. Just my opinion. College still has the rule, and I like it. Should be a rule on every level.

So is cutting him off and intercepting it,then. If no contact is made, you are just in the way, then tough crap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I told Guns and Guitars, Romo will get to play in the pro bowl he was selected to over Russell Wilson.

They knew Wilson would be playing in the SB anyway, so why waste a selection on him?

And ROmo is better than Wilson. Don't forget that part.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks as if the catch was made he got two steps and a hand down and then the field causes the ball to come out. The defender assisted in Dez going down so even if he holds on it's down by contact.

If I was a Cowboy fan my biggest complaint is....was their really enough evidence to overturn this? I see feet down and his off hand all get down.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the rule, because it took a TD from my favorite player and started this stupid rule. The Calvin Johnson play was a TD. I'll forever defend the WR in this situation. One of the dumbest rules of all time and needs to be looked at. Dez caught the ball twice, but because the ground effected the ball, and he didn't do whatever you want to call a "football move" it didn't matter. Damn this sucks.

You STILL AREN'T UNDERSTANDING. It doesn't matter what you believe. It matters what the rule is. The rule says that if the ball moves around like that it is a NO CATCH. You might not agree with the rule and the rule very well may be extremely stupid and maybe it does need to be changed. BUT a rule is a rule and by the rule, that was a good call and that was a NO CATCH.

So no you don't understand the rule because you keep saying "it was still a catch" when it obviously wasn't.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Contrary to the name of this thread, the REFS did not give GB the game, a stupid rule did. By the letter of the rule, the replay officials made the exact correct call. Blame the rule if you must, but not the refs.