• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins release first depth chart

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all tripping of course haskins is 3rd string in the first preseason game . People on facebook redskins groups be like skins are doomed and haskins is already a bust

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the depth chart is exactly like it should be for now , operative word , now

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - you are such a drama queen. How does this article/announcement influence anyone's opinion on the upcoming season? Even that article suggested that McCoy may not be the starter for the opening regular season game or for the majority of 2019.

It is impossible at this pt to determine how the Skins will fare record wise due to so many unknowns.

So many questions - to include:

Will Williams sit out part or the entire season?
Will the team fare better injury wise?
Will some of the WRs step up & be at least somewhat productive?
Will the RBs stay healthy & look as good on the field as they do on paper?
Will Collins & Sweat be difference makers to boost the defense to a new level?
Will some of the young players step up in the secondary?
Can Reed stay healthy for most of the season?

Just way too many questions at this time to determine how this team will fare by the end of the season. Should be fun to watch.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
LOL - you are such a drama queen. How does this article/announcement influence anyone's opinion on the upcoming season? Even that article suggested that McCoy may not be the starter for the opening regular season game or for the majority of 2019.

It is impossible at this pt to determine how the Skins will fare record wise due to so many unknowns.

So many questions - to include:

Will Williams sit out part or the entire season?
Will the team fare better injury wise?
Will some of the WRs step up & be at least somewhat productive?
Will the RBs stay healthy & look as good on the field as they do on paper?
Will Collins & Sweat be difference makers to boost the defense to a new level?
Will some of the young players step up in the secondary?
Can Reed stay healthy for most of the season?

Just way too many questions at this time to determine how this team will fare by the end of the season. Should be fun to watch.
i expect one of the vets to start week one . Could be Colt , could be Case

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

i expect one of the vets to start week one . Could be Colt , could be Case

That is fair enough & I could see that being the case - impossible to tell at this pt. The issue I have with the OP is somehow translating all of this as resulting in a top 5 pick. What exactly was earth shattering about the CBS article to result in this conclusion?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair enough & I could see that being the case - impossible to tell at this pt. The issue I have with the OP is somehow translating all of this as resulting in a top 5 pick. What exactly was earth shattering about the CBS article to result in this conclusion?

Colt McCoy sucks he is no better then a 2-3rd stringer he should be cut

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy sucks he is no better then a 2-3rd stringer he should be cut

Well even if that is true it doesn't really translate into a terrible season for the Skins. He may start the season opener, but he could just as easily be the 3rd string QB by that time. Barring a miracle I don't believe that anyone believes that McCoy will be the starter for all/most of the Redskins games this season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in agreement as it seems Gruden & the Organization do not want to rush Haskins. Having said that, neither Case or Colt move the needle one bit. They are what they are, middling QB's with not much upside that fill a void until Haskins is ready. Realistically, we have little chance to win multiple games through the first 5 weeks with those two and everyone knows this. Let's not kid ourselves, we are buying time for Haskins. So, lets hurry up and wait........

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think keenum can win some games . if we can go 2-3 through the first 5 games then we have a punchers chance

it looks like the defense could carry us if needs be

game one vs eagles is important but if we lose we still have dallas at home and then the giants in week 4 .

we have a punchers chance vs the bears if the defense performs , i dont see us beating the pats at all

keenum took a good vikings team to the NFC title game so we do have a chance but the team will have to carry him there

i think 2-3 is reasonable but being injury free and our defense and special teams have to get it done

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think keenum can win some games . if we can go 2-3 through the first 5 games then we have a punchers chance

game one vs eagles is important but if we lose we still have dallas at home and then the giants in week 4 .

we have a punchers chance vs the bears if the defense performs , i dont see us beating the pats at all

keenum took a good vikings team to the NFC title game so we do have a chance but the team will have to carry him there

i think 2-3 is reasonable but being injury free and our defense and special teams have to get it done

You keep bringing up Keenum and the Vikings but you are not going to get that at all he is the QB we will get last season and all the years before the aberration season with the Vikings

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up Keenum and the Vikings but you are not going to get that at all he is the QB we will get last season and all the years before the aberration season with the Vikings
Not necessarily . The broncos o/line was horrible and I don’t need Vikings Case . We just need functional Case .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D and running the ball to be successful this year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in agreement as it seems Gruden & the Organization do not want to rush Haskins. Having said that, neither Case or Colt move the needle one bit. They are what they are, middling QB's with not much upside that fill a void until Haskins is ready. Realistically, we have little chance to win multiple games through the first 5 weeks with those two and everyone knows this. Let's not kid ourselves, we are buying time for Haskins. So, lets hurry up and wait........

Your response indicates our defense will be key to any success this year and while I might agree with that sentiment, the real question is, How much longer does the Redskin defense have to carry a Jay Gruden offense before we finally stick a fork in this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your response indicates our defense will be key to any success this year and while I might agree with that sentiment, the real question is, How much longer does the Redskin defense have to carry a Jay Gruden offense before we finally stick a fork in this?
At least a year

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you aren't a fan of Gruden, but lets take a little look at his tenure. I am going to throw out his first year here as things were a mess. He is the only 5 year coach under Snyder. In his last 4 years he has one 31 games. Which coach has won more in a four year span …. yep, no one. Gibbs won 30.

I know he is not the next Belichek, but I would hate to go back to somewhere between 3 and 6 wins. I also agree this year is huge. They "seem" to be building a core and if they can avoid the injuries of the past two years then maybe 9 wins for a team without a QB. Many other questions to be answered …. :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings season under Keenum...

Rushing offense was 7th, same as rushing TDS.

Defensively, they were #1 in both total and scoring.

Passing offense was 11 and passing TDS was 12.

They won because of defense, not because of Keenum.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you aren't a fan of Gruden, but lets take a little look at his tenure. I am going to throw out his first year here as things were a mess. He is the only 5 year coach under Snyder. In his last 4 years he has one 31 games. Which coach has won more in a four year span …. yep, no one. Gibbs won 30.

I know he is not the next Belichek, but I would hate to go back to somewhere between 3 and 6 wins. I also agree this year is huge. They "seem" to be building a core and if they can avoid the injuries of the past two years then maybe 9 wins for a team without a QB. Many other questions to be answered …. :suds:
So hiring another head coach would automatically put us back to 3 to 6 wins? 6-7 wins is about what Gruden is so its not as if much would change on that front. Sometimes a new direction is warranted. Things have become stale with Gruden and recently players are beginning to speak out on how dysfunctional all of this is. I'm sure you could name the players. Gruden is part of that. This organization requires new leadership from the top all the way down. Sort of a cleansing so to speak as it wreaks of some foul odors. I'm sure Gruden will use the Simba card this year though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hiring another head coach would automatically put us back to 3 to 6 wins? 6-7 wins is about what Gruden is so its not as if much would change on that front. Sometimes a new direction is warranted. Things have become stale with Gruden and recently players are beginning to speak out on how dysfunctional all of this is. I'm sure you could name the players. Gruden is part of that. This organization requires new leadership from the top all the way down. Sort of a cleansing so to speak as it wreaks of some foul odors. I'm sure Gruden will use the Simba card this year though.

After year 1 Gruden has won 9, 8, 7 and 7. Again I didn't say it shouldn't happen but becareful what we wish for. Is it what we want? Of course not but it is the best 4 year run under any coach since Snyder became owner.

I agree this team needs a purge but the only person I would purge for sure is Allen. Who are you going to get to coach? Who get the team to 10+ wins?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After year 1 Gruden has won 9, 8, 7 and 7. Again I didn't say it shouldn't happen but becareful what we wish for. Is it what we want? Of course not but it is the best 4 year run under any coach since Snyder became owner.

I agree this team needs a purge but the only person I would purge for sure is Allen. Who are you going to get to coach? Who get the team to 10+ wins?
100% agree on Allen. With our young talent, there will be plenty of suitors willing to coach this team. Whether or not they can get to 10 wins remains to be seen. However, its about time for a new voice. I think the benchmark is 9 games this year for Gruden. We'll see...