• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redseat's 2018 Traveler's Championship Recap

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing is that I am very glad I took today off!!! My legs and hips are sore as you know what?!?!

Course was in immaculate shape as always (and golfers mentioned it), tough pin placements on Sunday but it seemed like it suited most golfers.

Weather is always a potential factor for this tournament and it's hilarious but it wouldn't be the Traveler's without it.. Friday was a perfect day for golf. Saturday it started to mist then get a little harder but didn't amount to anything and turned out to be a cool and calm day. Sunday the weather reports couldn't get their acts straight...It's going to be a wash out, it's going to thunder and lightning around noon, 1, 4, 6, who knows. Every channel was different. The sun didn't know whether to come out or not but the weather held out and tournament finished without weather incident.

New food vendor, had some ups and downs but they really did a good job of having the food pre-made (hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, ect as grab and go so that was nice.

Spieth, Rory, Day and Bubba had huge followings but they actually were decent and didn't really do much.. That squirrel messing with Rory on the 1st tee was HILARIOUS and he took it in stride. I swear that thing was all over the course!

Ken Duke is AWESOME! He came over to myself and a few of the people working with me and thanked us for helping out and "we wouldn't have a tournament without you guys." Paul Casey was as well. Got to meet a lot of Cromwell's finest while on the course and they were terrific.

I've never seen a golfer leave a golf ball on the tee box for the player in the group behing him getting an ace.. Happened on the 11th (Par 3) and the golfer left it on the 12th tee. I was wondering why he was standing there for so long after he tee'd off, saw him reach into his bag and put the ball down... The golfer who got the ace, picked up the ball and gave it to the marshal who was flagging on the tee box, thought that was a nice gesture on both golfers parts. Speaking of giving balls away, a lot of players did (and they weren't the "named" ones either). I think it's awesome that the younger generation of golfers "give back" to the fans.

I had a bad feeling about Casey when he's tee shot on 3 (I was working the tee) went well right (as pretty much all of his drives did). and sure enough I was right but credit him in defeat (anyone see his instagram account?) and hats off to Bubba from coming back from 6 behind yet again to win his 3rd Traveler's and 3rd win of season! Man can that man drive a ball!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly recommend volunteering for this tournament or any tournament...

The houses on the 12th fairway were slightly drunk... More drunk then in any other year.... They were entertaining however.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The houses on the 12th fairway were slightly drunk... More drunk then in any other year.... They were entertaining however.

I have...not the Travelers, but Tour Championship @ Eastlake, and the old Liberty Mutual @ World Golf Village.

It's okay...I will say most of the pros do appreciate your efforts...getting inside the ropes was cool, but eh...I've been to maybe 2 dz events and seen many of the players in person...it was fun, but today, I rather watch at home to be honest.

On this one...great run by Bubba on Sunday but boy oh boy did Casey wet the bed on Sunday too...gift wrapped it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have...not the Travelers, but Tour Championship @ Eastlake, and the old Liberty Mutual @ World Golf Village.

It's okay...I will say most of the pros do appreciate your efforts...getting inside the ropes was cool, but eh...I've been to maybe 2 dz events and seen many of the players in person...it was fun, but today, I rather watch at home to be honest.

On this one...great run by Bubba on Sunday but boy oh boy did Casey wet the bed on Sunday too...gift wrapped it.

Completely understandable about wanting to stay at home and watch.. I just meant that one should do at least one, just to see it from the "other side". Yes, I am sure about 99.99999999999% (and the one person who doesn't is Ian Poulter, lol) appreciate the efforts...

But it is interesting to be inside the ropes and actually hear what the players and caddies truly say to one another...

Yes, Casey wet himself yesterday that's for sure. Feel bad for him though

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The few I volunteered for were always fun... and the playing privileges were nice if you met the minimum number of hours.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few I volunteered for were always fun... and the playing privileges were nice if you met the minimum number of hours.

Eastlake...kind of a different deal than some other volunteers, we worked Tue-Sat (some valet parking, and general management of the parking lots) and got free passes to the Sunday round.

World Golf Village was great...my brother in law was the one that got us in that one...1 free round at Slammer & Squire (the tourney host course)...and we got another one for sitting in on a timeshare presentation we had no intention of buying. We used one to play the Monday after the senior event....played the same tees as the pros.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely understandable about wanting to stay at home and watch.. I just meant that one should do at least one, just to see it from the "other side". Yes, I am sure about 99.99999999999% (and the one person who doesn't is Ian Poulter, lol) appreciate the efforts...

But it is interesting to be inside the ropes and actually hear what the players and caddies truly say to one another...

Yes, Casey wet himself yesterday that's for sure. Feel bad for him though

Oh yeah...if you've never done it and you like to play golf, being inside the ropes is fun. I really love going to the Masters even outside the ropes, but generally speaking I'm not as much of a gate fan as I used to be when I was younger.

Casey...A bit surprising for a vet that has a recent win on tour....but T2 is a lot of cash these days. When he made par from the hazard on that par 5, I really thought he was going to get to 17 as well, but he continued to fold...start hitting some fades off the tee and he typically draws the ball....T2 is a lot of cash these days so the guy that really lost out on the payday was his caddy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah...if you've never done it and you like to play golf, being inside the ropes is fun. I really love going to the Masters even outside the ropes, but generally speaking I'm not as much of a gate fan as I used to be when I was younger.

Casey...A bit surprising for a vet that has a recent win on tour....but T2 is a lot of cash these days. When he made par from the hazard on that par 5, I really thought he was going to get to 17 as well, but he continued to fold...start hitting some fades off the tee and he typically draws the ball....T2 is a lot of cash these days so the guy that really lost out on the payday was his caddy.

Yeah but this tournament always seems to bite the leaders in the ass... Casey birdied the 1st hole and then it was all downhill for him, with the exception of that tremendous par save, which yes, I thought he would right the ship.. Unfortunately it was not.