• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Phillies Game Thread.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we can blame him for being a slave to computer algorithms and a complete lack of feel for the game. He just doesn't know how to handle in game decisions.
He may need more seasoning!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we can blame him for being a slave to computer algorithms and a complete lack of feel for the game. He just doesn't know how to handle in game decisions.
i don't think he's really going with that this year, otherwise Nick wouldn't have went for a CG yesterday or Eflin a couple of times earlier this season. I can understand taking out Nola when he did today, wish he would have had a better option to go to, which I don't know why you wouldn't go with Vince, but the fuck do I know. hindsight is 20/20

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the right move to remove Nola after walking his last batter on 4 pitches.
Infield single and a bloop single.
Just weren't as lucky as when that infield pop up landed and we scored two runs.
That's the way the game works.

I realize the media/radio/TV will skewer Kapler because that's the easy way to generate attention.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may need more seasoning!

LOL, a lot of truth in your comment, northeast. A manager, especially a new one, must learn the capabilities of each team member (as they learn to work together and grow themselves), along with the routine strategies of how to deal with the opposition, all of this as the season progresses, plus the analytics. He’s doing it!

If we criticize what turned out to be bad move, we don’t know if the alternative would then have worked. Plus, when a manager makes what turns out to be a great move, we accept the win but act like, we’ll, that’s expected.

We know what’s expected of Nola and Arietta, but if Eflin, Pivetta, and Eickhoff can continue to mature as ML starters, as we hope and expect, Phils can go deep into October. If we need more pitching help, there’s time to get it. I think most would agree with this.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, a lot of truth in your comment, northeast. A manager, especially a new one, must learn the capabilities of each team member (as they learn to work together and grow themselves), along with the routine strategies of how to deal with the opposition, all of this as the season progresses, plus the analytics. He’s doing it!

If we criticize what turned out to be bad move, we don’t know if the alternative would then have worked. Plus, when a manager makes what turns out to be a great move, we accept the win but act like, we’ll, that’s expected.

We know what’s expected of Nola and Arietta, but if Eflin, Pivetta, and Eickhoff can continue to mature as ML starters, as we hope and expect, Phils can go deep into October. If we need more pitching help, there’s time to get it. I think most would agree with this.
Agree about most of what you say. However, Do not understand why he took Bruce out of the game. Replaced by NW. Bad move!

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the series. Glad we at least saved face yesterday. Hope Bruuuuuce does work for yall. We loved him in Cincy. Having him do us wrong in game 1 stung a bit.

thebigmje

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Whatever he decides never seems to be the right decision.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about most of what you say. However, Do not understand why he took Bruce out of the game. Replaced by NW. Bad move!

I guess it was a late inning defensive move but I don’t know how Bruce is rated in the field vs Williams. But Bruce is so hot, I would not have made the move

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils dishing out a little payback so far.
thought you were in the wrong thread until i saw former philly Carlos Santana with the solo shot to give the indians a brief lead.