• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Zone Woes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers still haunted by red-zone woes

Yep, because opponents know Kaep doesn't throw into the goal between the numbers. He might throw one short of the goal line - on occassion - but not into the goal area. Now if he can't do this, we shouldn't force it, just saying we're limiting the plays in the red zone.....and opponents know it.

secondary reason is Vernon Davis' strength - speed - is negated in the red zone. We should remove him for taller TE's, better pass catching TE's with a larger catch radius. Torrey smith's strength is also negated, so we need quicker (not faster) guys in there, like Ellington or White. Patton?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers still haunted by red-zone woes

Yep, because opponents know Kaep doesn't throw into the goal between the numbers. He might throw one short of the goal line - on occassion - but not into the goal area. Now if he can't do this, we shouldn't force it, just saying we're limiting the plays in the red zone.....and opponents know it.

secondary reason is Vernon Davis' strength - speed - is negated in the red zone. We should remove him for taller TE's, better pass catching TE's with a larger catch radius. Torrey smith's strength is also negated, so we need quicker (not faster) guys in there, like Ellington or White. Patton?

I noticed how many unsuccessful fades we've thrown, obviously because of the Super Bowl and NFC championship games. I knew about our overall red-zone woes. But I didn't notice about never really throwing into the middle of the end zone. But thinking about it, it seems true.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go back and look at the last game but I think there have been a number of issues lately. Pears got a holding penalty in the red zone that effectively killed one drive. Bruce Miller dropped a pass in the end zone for another TD.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go back and look at the last game but I think there have been a number of issues lately. Pears got a holding penalty in the red zone that effectively killed one drive. Bruce Miller dropped a pass in the end zone for another TD.

And Kaepernick was ruled down at the inches line. (And the one we did get on 4th due to get foot placement). Those are just a few plays of the 3-4 we get in the red zone each successful up to that point drives. Let us know what you find, thanks!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kaepernick was ruled down at the inches line. (And the one we did get on 4th due to get foot placement). Those are just a few plays of the 3-4 we get in the red zone each successful up to that point drives. Let us know what you find, thanks!

LOL, alot of work. I gotta go dig up Crimson's posts. He always has this stuff wtitten up somehwere.