• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Zone Woes

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how they have the pass play where kap threw to boldin and it says that crabtree comes open, I would love to see the image of where crabtree is when kap releases the football not the image of where he is after the pass has already been incomplete. every wide receiver is wide open after the play is already over SMFH

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how they have the pass play where kap threw to boldin and it says that crabtree comes open, I would love to see the image of where crabtree is when kap releases the football not the image of where he is after the pass has already been incomplete. every wide receiver is wide open after the play is already over SMFH

I hate when this analysis is made for any quarterback I follow. All of a sudden, every receiver is wide open either when he catches it or wide open when he misses them. There are very few wide-open receivers that aren't seen by competent quarterbacks. If the quarterbacks looks that way maybe they wouldn't be so wide-open, maybe if the ball was in the air it wouldn't be so wide open when the ball got there. I'm not disputing that those places are open or should be made; I'm disputing that they are wide open. People often do not look at the release point or from their perspective of the quarterback. People don't know that reads and what they're supposed to do.

Most quarterbacks do not have the zip that Kaepernick has and that can work for or against him. Where it works for him is that he can make those plays. Where it works against him is that everybody thinks that every time he should. So if it works, great. But if it doesn't then there's criticism. I am off work criticism of the quarterback, people should look at the play calling the coaches, too. People should also understand football on where there are risks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the red zone offense, I hope they are not saving things for the playoffs and try to get by. Officially, I do not believe that this is the case, but in a conspiracy type of way, I wouldn't put it past Roman. Roman talked about how he went away from read option right before 2012 playoffs so that people would think that they gave up on it. Then they released it on Green Bay. I know that all coaches save some plays, and I know all coaches will go deep in their playbook if they need to win a game at the end of the game. But I'm not sure if he thinks these plays are good enough or if they are the best plays? Just a thought. The reason why ask this is because some of the plays that they have tried are either predictable or confusing on why they wanted to do it that way.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read here about red zone issues. The article illustrates that a lot of it comes down to fundamentals, not saying this is to let Roman off the hook but a lot of it is execution.

Red-Zone Woes Crippling 49ers' Inconsistent Offense | Bleacher Report

You can put your head in the sand all you want but there is no getting around the fact that the red zone troubles are because of the quarterback. He cannot read defenses and the tight field down there makes him even more afraid to pull the triggger on throws in the middle of the field. You have to see the play developing early and make the decision to throw quickly in the red zone. If you hesitate down there you are dead. That's exactly what Kaepernick does.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do struggle in the redzone. thats been harbaugh problem for awhile now. More blame on Roman. Thats why I think he needs to go as OC.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do struggle in the redzone. thats been harbaugh problem for awhile now. More blame on Roman. Thats why I think he needs to go as OC.

Again, this is a thought that I brought up on the game day thread and it went ignored.
Why does Roman get all of the blame on the play calling? it is my understanding that Roman sends down 2 plays to Harbaugh. Harbaugh chooses which play to send on to Kaepernick and since he is getting final say on the play call, he could go with a completely different play if he feels like it. So why is Roman getting all the blame? Harbaugh, in my opinion deserves just as much blame if not MORE than Roman.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman gets the most blame from Niner fans no matter what. Doesn't matter if it was his fault or not, he is the scape goat. It's how it's been for a while.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which could be why Roman isnt going anywhere. So long as Roman is there, he takes the heat for offensive woes.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is a thought that I brought up on the game day thread and it went ignored.
Why does Roman get all of the blame on the play calling? it is my understanding that Roman sends down 2 plays to Harbaugh. Harbaugh chooses which play to send on to Kaepernick and since he is getting final say on the play call, he could go with a completely different play if he feels like it. So why is Roman getting all the blame? Harbaugh, in my opinion deserves just as much blame if not MORE than Roman.
If Roman calls 2 plays and Harbaugh has to send them in does he have enough time to pick a different play? We already come close to delay every play. Either way Roman does boneheaded stuff get inside red zone and play calling is ridiculous. Jumbo package does nothing for us I mean at first it fooled teams because we threw out of it occasionally or had extra linemen jump back like he was jumping early but he's was really going in motion.where is that at ? When it looked as if Hyde was heating up in ot against saints he's taken out for rest of series?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can put your head in the sand all you want but there is no getting around the fact that the red zone troubles are because of the quarterback. He cannot read defenses and the tight field down there makes him even more afraid to pull the triggger on throws in the middle of the field. You have to see the play developing early and make the decision to throw quickly in the red zone. If you hesitate down there you are dead. That's exactly what Kaepernick does.

Not all of it is on Kaep, but do agree he's not able to throw in the middle, in the RZ. Been saying this last season, but some take it as bad mouthing his entire game. His strengths shows up between the 20's, so he does do things well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that when running game gets us to the red zone and then we stop running the ball when we get there. Give it to Gore and Hyde. They got you there reward them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unbelieveable.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Roman calls 2 plays and Harbaugh has to send them in does he have enough time to pick a different play? We already come close to delay every play. Either way Roman does boneheaded stuff get inside red zone and play calling is ridiculous. Jumbo package does nothing for us I mean at first it fooled teams because we threw out of it occasionally or had extra linemen jump back like he was jumping early but he's was really going in motion.where is that at ? When it looked as if Hyde was heating up in ot against saints he's taken out for rest of series?

Does he have enough time to call a different play is a fair point, but especially with the Rams game, No runs called. I think Roman sends down one pass and one run play, but not one run play except the QB sneak was called. Roman gets torn up for that but Harbaugh didnt choose one run play and nobody brings that up.
This team should be a run first team on every part of the field, it is absolutely crazy to me to try to be a pass heavy team with this group of players. Ultimately, what type of team the 49ers are is on the head coach.

Not saying Harbaugh sucks or anything. I think he is one of the best in the league and I am happy he is our coach but he deserves blame for why our offense is so bad and he has his fingers on the on the play calling process.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see one game that the 9ers get a 50% RZ. If they can get to that level and keep it there they would win most games that they play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate that when running game gets us to the red zone and then we stop running the ball when we get there. Give it to Gore and Hyde. They got you there reward them.

I'm ok running in the RZ but obviously the defense can defend it better. So it isn't as simple as "why don't we keep running"?

IMO we lack the passing game in the RZ, we throw much more to the far left and far right, but not the middle. If they (not just Kaep) were able to throw to ALL areas o the RZ, it would place more pressure on the D. If we had this balance, we could run or pass and be more effecvent.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have enough time to call a different play is a fair point, but especially with the Rams game, No runs called. I think Roman sends down one pass and one run play, but not one run play except the QB sneak was called. Roman gets torn up for that but Harbaugh didnt choose one run play and nobody brings that up.
This team should be a run first team on every part of the field, it is absolutely crazy to me to try to be a pass heavy team with this group of players. Ultimately, what type of team the 49ers are is on the head coach.

Not saying Harbaugh sucks or anything. I think he is one of the best in the league and I am happy he is our coach but he deserves blame for why our offense is so bad and he has his fingers on the on the play calling process.
I agree Harbaugh deserves some blame. I would like to see some consistent game planning. Why go pass heavy one week run heavy and win next then pass heavy and lose?