• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting trail

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know Louisiana produces the highest number of pro-football talent per capita in the United States. We also know that LSU has really had their choice of this talent for the past two decades. We are poised once again to have a strong recruiting class. If we only get the guys that we are supposed to get, it will put us somewhere between 5 and 7. If we were able to get Cameron Robinson and speedy noil, we would be in the top 3. Add Leonard fournette into the mix and we have just dethroned Alabama for the number one recruiting class in the nation! GEAUX Bayou Bengals!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys got a flip but 6' 6" 253 isn't much for OT. Dude needs another inch and 50 lbs to make it in the SEC. He looks like a TE to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G Brown Jr. has played DE and OT.

I'd like to see LSU get more production from the QB position. QB Justin McMillan is a recruit that will probably get every opportunity to win playing time. The Tigers are great at running the ball but need to have a more balanced attack with the passing game. There have been times where Harris has looked like he should play instead of Jennings.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrius Guice had a terrific Army All American game, hopefully the coaches can keep him in check though as he threw punches at another player while he was on the turf, I wasn't impressed with that kind of behavior but they kid sure can play no doubt about that.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrius Guice had a terrific Army All American game, hopefully the coaches can keep him in check though as he threw punches at another player while he was on the turf, I wasn't impressed with that kind of behavior but they kid sure can play no doubt about that.

He is a great addition for the Tigers. He's a versatile dynamic player. LSU coaches run a good program with expectations. Players usually stay out of trouble at LSU. Guice will have an opportunity to play in the NFL by proving himself in the SEC. I think that LSU will have a good year.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a great addition for the Tigers. He's a versatile dynamic player. LSU coaches run a good program with expectations. Players usually stay out of trouble at LSU. Guice will have an opportunity to play in the NFL by proving himself in the SEC. I think that LSU will have a good year.

Players stay out if trouble at LSU?!?! I chuckled a little bit at that one. But, hey, at least we are not Florida state...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players stay out if trouble at LSU?!?! I chuckled a little bit at that one. But, hey, at least we are not Florida state...

I said (usually) because most players stay out of trouble at LSU. LSU deals with players internally rather than sweeping incidents under the rug. I have seen good players kicked off the team when it needed to be done. players like Tyrrann Mattheiu. I have seen other impact players like Jeremy Hill suspended. It hurts the team when it happens but Miles makes those types of tough decisions when he has to. I think it's way too early to assume Derrius Guice could be a problem to the team.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said (usually) because most players stay out of trouble at LSU. LSU deals with players internally rather than sweeping incidents under the rug. I have seen good players kicked off the team when it needed to be done. players like Tyrrann Mattheiu. I have seen other impact players like Jeremy Hill suspended. It hurts the team when it happens but Miles makes those types of tough decisions when he has to. I think it's way too early to assume Derrius Guice could be a problem to the team.

I don't think guice will have a problem. Miles has a short chain for that shit after all these years. And if he does, we have two stellar running backs eagerly awaiting his carries.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting to see how the Chablis move will impact our upcoming classes. We have several top flight defensive recruits that were strictly recruited by Chablis himself. Many have said it doesn't change their plans but you know how 18 year old kids are...

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case you haven't kept up with the recent coaching hires, we have assembled a pretty strong defensive force. Kevin Steele is the new defensive coordinator and ed oregeron will take over the defensive line. Brick Haley will remain on as a consultant.

The early word is that recruits like the new hires. This gives us three recruiters of the year award winners along with frank Wilson. I am excited to see if we can lock down all the talent in Louisiana and a couple from surrounding states. Should be a fun upcoming few years!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case you haven't kept up with the recent coaching hires, we have assembled a pretty strong defensive force. Kevin Steele is the new defensive coordinator and ed oregeron will take over the defensive line. Brick Haley will remain on as a consultant.

The early word is that recruits like the new hires. This gives us three recruiters of the year award winners along with frank Wilson. I am excited to see if we can lock down all the talent in Louisiana and a couple from surrounding states. Should be a fun upcoming few years!

I absolutely agree. I like the new additions to the Tigers' coaching staff. I think these guys will bring out the best in the players & help with recruiting. The future looks bright for LSU.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is stacked with great recruits

LSU did a great job recruiting. The offense will be exciting to see. The defense will be solid & could have the best secondary in the country. It's early but I'm thinking the Tigers have a legit chance to get in the playoffs.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU ended up finishing 10th in recruiting this season. I really like this class and the way that the new coaching staff went out and got the fringe players they were banking upon.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recruiting class so far has been pretty good. We have not lost a step in terms of defensive talent. We could use some more offensive linemen though.