• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruit observations - VT vs UVA game

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like I put in another thread, I did not see all of the recruits at the game (there were a lot of them there) but I did see quiet a few and spoke with some.

Kendall Fuller- Kendall is very soft spoken and quiet but you can tell he has a presence around him. When I first saw him I welcomed him to VT and shook his hand, his response "Thank you sir" (not many HS kids saw Sir anymore, thought it was interesting). He hung out with his family a lot and was with the team quite a bit as well. He was in the locker room after the game with Kyle. Kendall is a tad shorter than Kyle, but Kendall definitely looks bigger. Kendall was decked out in his VT sweat suit for the game and looked very happy before and after the game. He is a great kid, when asked what number he would wear at VT he mentioned #5 which means we may have another dual number situation going on where Stanford and Fuller would be #5. I would expect him to get a shot at playing as a TF.

Chuck Clark - Every time I see Chuck he looks bigger to me. Chuck is around 5'11" (hard to tell in street shoes, etc). I mentioned to another guy when I saw him how big he looks, and he said "He looks like he will be a great DB at VT". Chuck is a long kid, his arms are long and he is getting thicker. I have seen Chuck play a few times and I will tell you this, he is deceptively quick and he can flat out hit. If I had to guess a "fan sleeper" (someone the fans do not know much about) it would be Chuck. He is not a flashy guy, but he will come to work every day ready to get better. I would not be surprised to see him play as a TF, but that is just imo.

Bucky - Bucky is another one like Kendall, he has a presence about him where people just want to be with him. He spent Friday in Blacksburg taking in a practice and talking with the coaching staff. IMO he needs to put on some weight, but that is to be expected with a HS QB. Bucky is a great guy and is all about VT, he loves Blacksburg. Bucky is a lot like Logan in more than just looks, he is a very high character guy.

Andrew - Drew is BIG, no other way to put it. He is not the tallest LB we will ever get, but he is built like a tank. I can't wait to see him in pads at VT, he is a straight up monster.

Deon Newsome & Marshawn Williams - I did not get a chance to talk to these guys as they were with Myron and they were quickly heading to their car after leaving the locker room. I have seen them play a few times, and I can say that Marshawn is built like Darren Evans. He is close to 6'0" and thick as can be. He also has the Darren Evans dreds. Deon is a play maker plain and simple. He is very fast with the ball in his hands. He is shorter than I thought he would be when I saw him after the game, but he is not too short to be a WR at VT. It is still up in the air with him, but right now, he will come in as a WR.

Carlis Parker - I did not get to talk to Carlis but I did see him. He is tall but very thin, needs to put on weight once he gets to VT.

Jalyn Holmes- I didn't see Holmes but a buddy did and said he was having a great time. He was with Bucky and Drew a bit and seemed to be having a great time.

All of the recruits that I talked with and saw seemed to be having a great time in Blacksburg. All of them were very excited for the win. These guys know that not every game goes as planned, and not every season is perfect, but they all seem very confident in VT and love their college decision.

On a side note, I saw Bud Foster when I was walking back to my car and he was stopping by tailgates thanking the fans for coming and talking with them. Great guy, very intense, but a great man no less.

Just passing it along.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bro. Great info, also should be noted, bucky and holmes consider each other Family, they tweeted alot the day before, the day of and the day after the game. and holmes and reavis seem to have clicked as well. and i hope we get some of these guys back up for bowl practices, something uva can't do lol.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
great point ray .. it's very obvious, if you pay attention to twitter, that Bucky and Holmes are very close.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks Bro. Great info, also should be noted, bucky and holmes consider each other Family, they tweeted alot the day before, the day of and the day after the game. and holmes and reavis seem to have clicked as well. and i hope we get some of these guys back up for bowl practices, something uva can't do lol.
Bucky is close to A TON of people in the 757. He is very close to Jalyn in real life as well as twitter ;)

A few of the recruits will be back up for bowl practice