• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rebuild Time Team Has Completely Given Up

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the coaches need fired and start cleaning house with players as well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the coaches need fired and start cleaning house with players as well

I honestly don't believe that the combination of Lombardi, Belichek, Gibbs 1 and Bill Walsh could win here. Instinctively, people wonder if the team is cursed, oftentimes in jest, but seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something beyond misfortune, bad management, terrible team ownership and 2nd level top down talent that's playing against this franchise.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely a mess right now and Witten had to put the icing on the cake last night. Way to torch us again Witt!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of all the big contracts in the off season, all in the while tanking 2019 for Tua or Fromm in 2020

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee another 5 yr rebuild because we couldnt keep a franchise qb wh actually is available to play game in and game out

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee another 5 yr rebuild because we couldnt keep a franchise qb wh actually is available to play game in and game out

Just curious...do you believe that rebuilds are limited to QB's?

Take a look at this team right now, if you eliminate the need for a QB, there would still be a need to rebuild this team, a few other spots excepted, right?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look at this team right now, if you eliminate the need for a QB, there would still be a need to rebuild this team, a few other spots excepted, right?
Not necessarily. Green Bay is about to go through a rebuild with the same QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There could be some merit to this, but it goes well beyond this. First of all the injury to Smith has nothing to do w/ him, his age or how he plays. Watt & company literally broke his leg in two. That would have happened to Cousins, Brady or whoever.

Their OL issues have also been a real problem over the last few years & perhaps some of this can be attributed to the organization, but a lot of it is just plain bad luck. You would have to think that at some pt in the future they have just a little luck in the injury dept. However your pt is well taken and organizational issues have been a major contributing factor for their offensive woes (I would give them some props for taking a chance on AP while others passed on him - not everything they do is horrible).

My real problem is on the defensive side. They have a fair amt of decent personnel on that side of the ball & they played very well early in the season. I would have to lay quite a bit of the blame in this area on coaching. They certainly need some additional players on D (especially in the secondary), but they should be doing much, much better w/ the current set of players.

Barring a miracle - in an ideal world they fire Allen & Gruden, give personnel power to Williams or get a new GM & then let that person hire the next coach & related staff. Of course w/ this team things will probably unfold in a completely different manner that will possibly lead to more problems. What can I say? I am as frustrated as any fan & am getting tired of just bitching about this team year after year. Damn - all of us deserve some type of success for this team, but we may not see it for a very long time. Hoping & praying that we are shocked at some time in the not too distant future.

Was really looking fwd to traveling up to Nashville to see the Skins play in a few weeks but now I might still go but really don't care that much. Sigh....

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be some merit to this, but it goes well beyond this. First of all the injury to Smith has nothing to do w/ him, his age or how he plays. Watt & company literally broke his leg in two. That would have happened to Cousins, Brady or whoever.

Their OL issues have also been a real problem over the last few years & perhaps some of this can be attributed to the organization, but a lot of it is just plain bad luck. You would have to think that at some pt in the future they have just a little luck in the injury dept. However your pt is well taken and organizational issues have been a major contributing factor for their offensive woes (I would give them some props for taking a chance on AP while others passed on him - not everything they do is horrible).

My real problem is on the defensive side. They have a fair amt of decent personnel on that side of the ball & they played very well early in the season. I would have to lay quite a bit of the blame in this area on coaching. They certainly need some additional players on D (especially in the secondary), but they should be doing much, much better w/ the current set of players.

Barring a miracle - in an ideal world they fire Allen & Gruden, give personnel power to Williams or get a new GM & then let that person hire the next coach & related staff. Of course w/ this team things will probably unfold in a completely different manner that will possibly lead to more problems. What can I say? I am as frustrated as any fan & am getting tired of just bitching about this team year after year. Damn - all of us deserve some type of success for this team, but we may not see it for a very long time. Hoping & praying that we are shocked at some time in the not too distant future.

Was really looking fwd to traveling up to Nashville to see the Skins play in a few weeks but now I might still go but really don't care that much. Sigh....

dont give a shit about this team anymore

thats what happens after 2 decades of ineptitude

Scott Mc and Cousins/Alex Smith was the straw that broke the camels back....

This team is going to be very very bad for at least the next 1-2 seasons (not counting losing out this year)

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont give a shit about this team anymore

thats what happens after 2 decades of ineptitude

Scott Mc and Cousins/Alex Smith was the straw that broke the camels back....

This team is going to be very very bad for at least the next 1-2 seasons (not counting losing out this year)

Lets go 76ers!

though I would be very happy to see Scott Mcvay or Cousins win a SB to just piss in the face of Snyder and cause more embarrassment then this team has already suffered

That is what I will be rooting for

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i see qb , wr ilb cb as areas we need on o/line . blowing up the team and letting good young talent be cut is stupid

we have 9 picks in this draft . no need to junk the hole team i would look to get our franchise quy in 2020 if we cant get him in 2019

but we have 4 picks in the top 100 and i would try to get 4 good players

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see qb , wr ilb cb as areas we need on o/line . blowing up the team and letting good young talent be cut is stupid

we have 9 picks in this draft . no need to junk the hole team i would look to get our franchise quy in 2020 if we cant get him in 2019

but we have 4 picks in the top 100 and i would try to get 4 good players

Wait!! Wasn't it you who suggested another 5 year rebuild?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no no , but getting a new FO and HC etc will mean that

Yeah I get your point, but why is it that this team seems to be the only one needing rebuilds in 5 year increments? Maybe the problem here is with our talent evaluator(s) and I might add some posters/fans who see "better than we've had in a while" as good enough, or players who rank in the top whatever category numerically that also don't have the consistent impact that those numbers show them to be. We need impact players, game changers and I might add a couple of bad asses who can play their asses off but sometimes make a headline off of the field, but in fact, don't give a flat damn about numbers other than winning more games than everyone else (See: Super Bowl challengers) on a yearly basis.

Look at our vanilla roster, good players here and there and most are pretty good guys off the field. Then ask yourself, where are the game changers? Who are the difference makers, and do we have that serious bad ass or two who will break off a foot in other team's badass player's assholes? In hockey and Basketball, I believe they are referred to as enforcers.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get your point, but why is it that this team seems to be the only one needing rebuilds in 5 year increments? Maybe the problem here is with our talent evaluator(s) and I might add some posters/fans who see "better than we've had in a while" as good enough, or players who rank in the top whatever category numerically that also don't have the consistent impact that those numbers show them to be. We need impact players, game changers and I might add a couple of bad asses who can play their asses off but sometimes make a headline off of the field, but in fact, don't give a flat damn about numbers other than winning more games than everyone else (See: Super Bowl challengers) on a yearly basis.

Look at our vanilla roster, good players here and there and most are pretty good guys off the field. Then ask yourself, where are the game changers? Who are the difference makers, and do we have that serious bad ass or two who will break off a foot in other team's badass player's assholes? In hockey and Basketball, I believe they are referred to as enforcers.

On offense that is perhaps true & especially w/ all of the injuries. However on defense they already have some of these players. IMO the defense should be playing a lot better than they have exhibited in the last month or so. Sure they need help on D & especially in the secondary, but they should be able to do some of what you describe above. I just have to believe that coaching is an issue to some degree on the defensive side. Kind of frustrating when it appeared that the D was a real force earlier in the season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense that is perhaps true & especially w/ all of the injuries. However on defense they already have some of these players. IMO the defense should be playing a lot better than they have exhibited in the last month or so. Sure they need help on D & especially in the secondary, but they should be able to do some of what you describe above. I just have to believe that coaching is an issue to some degree on the defensive side. Kind of frustrating when it appeared that the D was a real force earlier in the season.

Good point, however I just posted something on the, " Going to have to fire gruden Now" thread related to this. Check it out and let me know what your thoughts are on that post in relation to what you've written here. Thanks!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, however I just posted something on the, " Going to have to fire gruden Now" thread related to this. Check it out and let me know what your thoughts are on that post in relation to what you've written here. Thanks!

Hmm - I guess that went over my head. I took a look at your responses in that thread & don't really see anything related to my reply. Maybe I am just too slow - please clarify. Thanks.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, I think we need to go to 1 year builds. if it don't work that first year, it ain't ever gonna work. Blow it up. it'll be fun, just like fantasy football, but with Bruce Allen running your picks. Talk about jersey sales!

second, sty, i couldn't agree more. We don't have, and haven't had since Sean Taylor, a true difference maker. We have some great guys, but when its 4th and goal, we don't have a guy that steps it up and makes a play, consistently (on either sides of the ball). As Sonny J. would probably say, "we have too many milk drinkers". You know what I want? I want an ILB thats not afraid to slap some one. I realize how that sounds, but I also want this ILB to know when not to slap someone. I want a edge on my guys. I'm sick of having nice guys. And this doesn't mean like DJ, acting like he's got an edge. I mean some guys that just seethe when they are getting beat and stomping on them when they are winning. I want some guys that other teams fear playing.

Unfortunately, this is a change of culture for this team and that normally has to start with leadership. Anyone think that the other owners fear competing against Danny boy or his lackey, Bruce?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm - I guess that went over my head. I took a look at your responses in that thread & don't really see anything related to my reply. Maybe I am just too slow - please clarify. Thanks.

Sorry, I could have expressed the point like this... There's nothing to explain the bad play by our defense other than the bad aura that envelopes this franchise. Doesn't it seem as if there's some historical curse at play whenever things begin to go right with our team, something unexplainable derails it? How else do we explain the sudden defensive breakdowns? The rise to a 6-3 record and a two year extension of injuries that have been termed "freakish?" To me there's something else at play here, but rather than another long thread regurgitating why Snyder must make changes, I'll just leave it at that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I think we need to go to 1 year builds. if it don't work that first year, it ain't ever gonna work. Blow it up. it'll be fun, just like fantasy football, but with Bruce Allen running your picks. Talk about jersey sales!

second, sty, i couldn't agree more. We don't have, and haven't had since Sean Taylor, a true difference maker. We have some great guys, but when its 4th and goal, we don't have a guy that steps it up and makes a play, consistently (on either sides of the ball). As Sonny J. would probably say, "we have too many milk drinkers". You know what I want? I want an ILB thats not afraid to slap some one. I realize how that sounds, but I also want this ILB to know when not to slap someone. I want a edge on my guys. I'm sick of having nice guys. And this doesn't mean like DJ, acting like he's got an edge. I mean some guys that just seethe when they are getting beat and stomping on them when they are winning. I want some guys that other teams fear playing.

Unfortunately, this is a change of culture for this team and that normally has to start with leadership. Anyone think that the other owners fear competing against Danny boy or his lackey, Bruce?

McVay and Shanahan both seemed to have their team's going in the right direction after a year or two. Injuries have hurt the niners but remember they also have a second year GM in Lynch. Say what you will of Mike Tomlin Pete Carroll, and Darth Vader in N.E., to name a few, but they all work for franchises that has ownership that expects excellence from themselves and those who work for them.

No doubt about it, we do have some good players, but for the life of me I can't name one that is the type of player that Sean Taylor was. Good call!!:suds: