• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really Vlad ??????

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earned millions of dollares playing baseball and you still refuse to speak english? Call me racist is you want, but that's BS.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played for 2 decades in the Majors with English speaking coaches and teammates and never learned a word. I'll just say, it's a good thing he was really good at baseball, because that tells me he was too stupid to ever make it in the real world.

You'd think just by being around the English language so much he would have learned enough to get by.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I never saw anything that suggested Vlad had a shred of intelligence.

Remember how Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English when he was accused of PED use?
"Hey, everybody go out and buy my Sammy Sosa brand hair gel and frozen rice and bean dinners!"
"Sammy, any truth to the rumors about you using steroids?"
"No hablo ingles..."

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millions of dollars make it so you can get away with all kinds of things that would prevent you from functioning fully in society. I imagine he would be much better at English without baseball, but I give 0 shits if he learns English or not.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played for 2 decades in the Majors with English speaking coaches and teammates and never learned a word. I'll just say, it's a good thing he was really good at baseball, because that tells me he was too stupid to ever make it in the real world.

You'd think just by being around the English language so much he would have learned enough to get by.

He may understand English and know enough to get by but isn't comfortable speaking it. That's relatively common. I don't go nuts when guys don't learn English, I tried to learn other languages and suck at it. I do think it's smart for younger players to learn to speak it for marketing purposes. Torres and Andujar on the Yanks both do their interviews in English even though they struggle a bit.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earned millions of dollares playing baseball and you still refuse to speak english? Call me racist is you want, but that's BS.
Meh.

Might be easier for the dude to speak his mind, as it were, using his native language. He doesn't have to worry about using the wrong words, stuttering, or whatever.

Don't care in the slightest.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my wife yells at me, I make believe I can't speak English.....