• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really Indiana?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck boosters that jeopardize the program. Obviously there is more to this story or we would be fucked considering we are on probation...I'll see what I can find.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has agreed to reinstate two Indiana freshmen basketball players after they serve nine-game suspensions and repay a portion of the impermissible benefits they received before arriving on campus.

NCAA rules two Indiana Hoosiers players must miss 9 games - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go, thank goodness I about died, what a shitty article by espn...

Indiana freshmen Peter Jurkin and Hanner Mosquera-Perea each received nine-game suspensions Tuesday evening because they accepted thousands of dollars in gifts from a Hoosiers alum considered by the NCAA to be a university booster.

Perea and Jurkin (Indiana athletics)
Sounds straightforward enough, right? Well, sure, until you scratch below the surface.
The "booster" is a Bloomington-based youth basketball coach named Mark Adams, who is the Venezuelan-born Perea's legal guardian and the former AAU coach of both players with Indiana Elite.
The gifts included plane tickets, meals and housing for both players and a laptop, phone and clothing for Perea, all legal under NCAA rules were Adams not classified as a booster.
And the only reason the NCAA has labeled Adams to be a booster is a result of $185 in donations he made to Indiana's Varsity Club between 1986 and 1992 — long before he knew of Jurkin's and Perea's existence or even became a basketball coach.
By the letter of the NCAA rules, perhaps Adams is indeed an Indiana booster for life as a result of the $30 per year he gave the school 20-something years ago. By any modicum of common sense, however, punishing two kids for small-change payments that happened before they were born is too harsh at best and illogical and flat-out wrong at worst.

The NCAA badly missed the mark by suspending Indiana?s two freshmen for nine games | The Dagger: College Basketball Blog - Yahoo! Sports

JasonCampbell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Indiana has a long history of illegal recruiting violations and paying little for their transgressions because of their tight connections with the NCAA (Myles Brand was both president of IU and NCAA Commish).

That's why IU is known as Sleazebag U.

meow!!!

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a long history is once? I guess twice if you include their legal guardian paying for them...

JasonCampbell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So a long history is once? I guess twice if you include their legal guardian paying for them...

It started with Eric Gordon...and was repeated about a hundred times over during the Kelvin Sampson era.

meow!!!