• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

realignment news

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds dumb.

someone needs to teach NHL board of governors 4th grade math.

I wouldn't mind a division rivalry with Carolina though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate that. I like the way it is now. They should just move the Jets to the West & someone else to the East. Keep it simple. If it's not broke don't fix it. I really think fans would get the shaft in this. Like Pittsburgh & Philly only playing twice per year would piss off a lot of people.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally, I think that the easiest thing to do would be to move Detroit Columbus and Nashville to the East (Because they all desperately need to because of TV start times.

Nashville goes to Southeast instead of Winnipeg.

Detroit goes to the Northeast.

Columbus comes to us.

You'd end up with: 16 teams in the East 14 in the West. That's not ideal because you would have 2 more teams miss the playoffs in the east than west.

I still think one of the easiest situations would be to do a Nashville for Winnipeg swap. Who knows that they'll do. Detroit wants to move to the EASTERN time zone, BUT why do they have more of a right to it than Columbus or Nashville who could use the help more than detroit.

Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Boston
Buffalo

Devils
Islanders
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Columbus

Caps
Canes
Preds
Panthers
Bolts

The West would be

Chicago
St. Louis
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Dallas

Edmonton
Colorado
Vanc
Calgary

LA
SJ
Phoenix
Anaheim

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually. I think that the funniest part about all this is that they already had this solved, but chickened out and changed it too soon. Detroit Columbus and Nashville all want to play more games within their local time zones.

Guess what? We had a system that did that before we decided we needed to play every team twice.

We could go to a 7 games within division. That would add 5 more local games, or even better go back to the 8, 4, 10 situation. Let's face it, no one gives a crap about the Western teams that come to the rock. I was at the kings game and there was no one there. It's going to be the same thing for any other Western team we host except for maybe Detroit, Dallas, and Anaheim for obvious reasons. Maybe Chitown.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm for anything that involves playing western conference teams less. It's just 15 home games tgat are dead as can be and another 15 road games that are pointless. Coming out of the lockout playing one division a year was the best system

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm for anything that involves playing western conference teams less. It's just 15 home games tgat are dead as can be and another 15 road games that are pointless. Coming out of the lockout playing one division a year was the best system

I actually misstated the number of games. It's 18 games against the West. My point though is that there's no reason (at least for us east coasters with Crosby and Ovie nearby) to play Western teams so much.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually misstated the number of games. It's 18 games against the West. My point though is that there's no reason (at least for us east coasters with Crosby and Ovie nearby) to play Western teams so much.

Did that have to do with the western teams GMs complying they dont get Crosby and OV enough?

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I think the NHL is foot-dragging and waiting to see what the hell is going to happen with Phoenix.

Doubtful they'll know before their next meetings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has been wanting to go to the Eastern Conf for as long as I can remember..and personally I think its a mistake for em..the East is obviously better then the West and the Wings could dominate the the West with the Nucks or just be another good team in the East with the Pens/Flyers/Caps/Sabres/etc etc.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I love when the Devils play teams from the West. I'd rather go to a Devils/Kings or Devils/Sharks game than go when they play the Panthers or the former Thrashers.
Detroit should stay in the West. Swap the Jets with either Nashville or Columbus. I'd probably go with Nashville since they are located more in the Southeast.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah those are about the only 2 teams i would like to see. stars?wild?yotes?avs?blues?preds?oilers?flames? zzzzz

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind having Boston in our division.... it would really make it interesting.