• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

real winners

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two real winners of this is Parise and suter. Seeing this comimg and getting what $20 million signing bonus? They don't need hockey for the year.

Also some owners I'm sure are more then happy to have the lockout. Means they will lose less then they would over 82 games and pay the players less.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two real winners of this is Parise and suter. Seeing this comimg and getting what $20 million signing bonus? They don't need hockey for the year.

Also some owners I'm sure are more then happy to have the lockout. Means they will lose less then they would over 82 games and pay the players less.

Serves fucking Minnesota right. Paid out $20 MM

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny, I think a good amount of this lockout is actually rich owners vs struggling owners. These monster contracts don't affect the Rangers, Habs, Flyers etc. but a team like say Florida would not be able to handle them. The Shea Weber offer sheet for example wouldn't have phased Philly but it could wind up crippling Nashville.

Obviously they voted unanimously to lockout but I think some of that is nobody wants to be the owner that didn't go along with the rest.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the flip side though you know habs leafs rangers and flyers owners want the season started since they get $$$$$ every home game. It really is 50/50 split. Hell I'm sure the devils Beek is on the other end of the half nots. Just think Kovy is going to get 11 million this year? Lockout and he gets less and less the longer this goes on. Don't know the years after this but I know this year is a lot of money he is owed

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side though you know habs leafs rangers and flyers owners want the season started since they get $$$$$ every home game. It really is 50/50 split. Hell I'm sure the devils Beek is on the other end of the half nots. Just think Kovy is going to get 11 million this year? Lockout and he gets less and less the longer this goes on. Don't know the years after this but I know this year is a lot of money he is owed

Not really good for beek because the Devils do make a profit on operations. The negative cash flow is because of all the debt he piled on to buy them and buy out others. The real question is does he have a hold payment or interest only clause in his debt covenants or is he screwed.....