• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rd camp

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anyone pay any attention to this? some good ideas floating around.

love the more shallow nets i think if you let the netting lay more loose picks will just get smothered by it and not just bounce out. yeah it may only open up a few ft of ice but still it adds up.

i'm also in favor of increasing the size of the blueline a bit. also little amount but adds up.

hate the full 2min powerplay idea. the no touch icing isnt a big deal to me either way.

3on3 ot is BEYOND STUPID did anyone watch the video they showed? after playing 65mins of hockey you think players are going to last more then 25 seconds going coast to coast? you really want a game to end because one guy is gassed?

for the record i'm a big fan of the shootout. i just think it should go 60mins game THEN shootout. fixes 2 problems gets rid of the stale 4on4 overtime (which isnt real hockey anyway since hte game is played 5on5) and it also gets rid of the INSANELY stupid OTL.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the shootout still counts as an OTL I think, so it would be gone. The best is the 3-2-1-0 point system but they wont do it for some dumb reason

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
anyone pay any attention to this? some good ideas floating around.

love the more shallow nets i think if you let the netting lay more loose picks will just get smothered by it and not just bounce out. yeah it may only open up a few ft of ice but still it adds up.

i'm also in favor of increasing the size of the blueline a bit. also little amount but adds up.

hate the full 2min powerplay idea. the no touch icing isnt a big deal to me either way.

3on3 ot is BEYOND STUPID did anyone watch the video they showed? after playing 65mins of hockey you think players are going to last more then 25 seconds going coast to coast? you really want a game to end because one guy is gassed?

for the record i'm a big fan of the shootout. i just think it should go 60mins game THEN shootout. fixes 2 problems gets rid of the stale 4on4 overtime (which isnt real hockey anyway since hte game is played 5on5) and it also gets rid of the INSANELY stupid OTL.

I hate the 2 min PP idea. People want to watch back and forth action, not a team standing still in the o-zone(i guess we're the only ones that do that).

3v3 is also stupid. I like the OT format the way it is. I guess they could tweak the points. I do think that giving out 3 points for a regulation win is a good idea. Might stop teams from just trying to get one guaranteed point for making it to OT.

Smaller nets is great, hybrid icing is OK, but I'd prefer that it's only called if there is a beyond a doubt chance that a defender will get there first. Seems silly to change the whole rule because a couple guys get hurt. Call the penalties correctly (hitting from behind) and the injuries will drop.

shallower nets is a good idea, and I wish they would remove the trapezoid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shallower nets is a good idea, and I wish they would remove the trapezoid.

I love the smaller nets idea as well. Really doesn't change the game dramatically but just enough to improve it.

Also, the idea of the trapezoid was to eliminate guys like Brodeur becoming a 3rd defenceman and clearing the puck. The problem with that logic is they assume every goalie can do what Brodeur does. If anything I believe there will be more scoring chances if you let goalies play the puck because you will get guys that have no business coming out of the crease, going into corners and getting themselves into trouble.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the trapezoid is that the NHL is against NJ! Duh! ;)