• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rd 1 Draft Talk Thread

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody catch on ESPN that they left the mic on during a player highlight video. I don’t know who it was but they said “ I like Thorson, but I don’t like Stick” Haha.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what they did in the third day so far. I felt they could have done better than Miller for sure at the end of the fourth. That is a head scratcher to me. I know they wanted a backup QB too but not sure about the Northwestern kid. I guess we shall see.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Nice frame and speed. Let these coaches develop this kid. I said earlier they should get a young pass rusher.

Looks like @old duke is getting his Penn State players finally.

Yes, Miller is "THE" first PSU defensive player ever drafted by the Eagles. History made today! Now, it will be great if he can play. I'm from Philly, and so is Shareef (George Washington HS). So don't disappoint us Kid!

Shareef Miller being drafted by the Eagles is a dream come true for him and his family

Last edited:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has chance to develop into a starting end in this league. Has all the measurable s 6ft 4 260lbs, ran a 4.69 40 and had a good shuttle. He has a lot to learn still but a good prospect to take . Plus he is a local kid.

Thorson is OK getting a QB in this draft is fine, he will ride the pine all year and hopefully develops into Carson's backup next year when Nate is gone.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what they did in the third day so far. I felt they could have done better than Miller for sure at the end of the fourth. That is a head scratcher to me. I know they wanted a backup QB too but not sure about the Northwestern kid. I guess we shall see.
Thorson was a solid pick imo. I think he's a good fit under Doug's scheme. He can sling it with decent accuracy. I like him better than Stick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They wanted Easton Stick. Carson's backup at NDSU, but he went just before the Eagles.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Miller is "THE" first PSU defensive player ever drafted by the Eagles. History made today! Now, it will be great if he can play. I'm from Philly, and so is Shareef (George Washington HS). So don't disappoint us Kid!
not too thrilled about the Shareef pick, but I guess time will tell.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody catch on ESPN that they left the mic on during a player highlight video. I don’t know who it was but they said “ I like Thorson, but I don’t like Stick” Haha.

No. that's a riot! I watch the NFL Network almost all the time.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's all she wrote

now to await the undrafted portion of the day(s)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda like when they should’ve taken Earl Thomas instead of Graham!

:behindsofa:
Graham was a late bloomer and what a turnaround he has made for himself. The Eagles were pretty close to pulling the plug on him after Andy left.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was a late bloomer and what a turnaround he has made for himself. The Eagles were pretty close to pulling the plug on him after Andy left.
did he start here around the defensive coordinator Juan Castillo days? Between that and the 3-4 shift, wasn't the most consistent coaching/system he had to work with. that said, i still would have taken Earl. Not that Graham hasn't come around and was a big part of bringing that first trophy back.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts about keeping Belly around and not trading him? Part of me is glad he's staying because of the speed factor. I also think ( my gut) that he's going to be a bigger factor in our offense this season.
Then I was thinking a trade would give us future talent possibly on the offense or defense. This was a deep draft imo.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts about keeping Belly around and not trading him? Part of me is glad he's staying because of the speed factor. I also think ( my gut) that he's going to be a bigger factor in our offense this season.
Then I was thinking a trade would give us future talent possibly on the offense or defense. This was a deep draft imo.
i blame his performance last year on lack of creative coaching. they wasted a pick on Golden Tate, but realized he was no better than Nelly and finally worked Nelly in better. That said, he's very much needed on this team. Alshon and Desean aren't known for their durability, if they traded Nelly they'd still need to find a solid WR elsewhere before the season started.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he start here around the defensive coordinator Juan Castillo days? Between that and the 3-4 shift, was the most consistent coaching/system he had to work with. that said, i still would have taken Earl. Not that Graham hasn't come around and was a big part of bringing that first trophy back.
Very true and that debacle of switching to a 3-4 with the wrong personnel was a train wreck. Happy those days are behind us. The Juan Castillo experiment should have never happened.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i'm killing time until the sixers, will try to compile these.

to think, some of you wanted Wilkins in the first...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be that guy: I could draft as well as the Eagles. Not happy with what they did day 3. They really kind of shit the bed. Also unhappy with their UDFA picks. A lot of interesting players available, and for a team with few draft selections, they were shockingly quiet on undrafted free agents.