• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB Mike Boone (Vikings) signed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton gets his Viking. Good special teams coverage guy and decent depth RB. He fills two roles.
2 year deal.

I like the signing. Not fancy but he has good explosion and is really solid on special teams.

Last edited:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special Teams have struggled, an help welcomed.

Insurance incase/when Lindsay leaves?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling a lot of Bronco fans won't be excited about this signing, but I think it is a bit underrated. I don't want Boone as a starting RB, but he is tough to tackle, explodes well and I like his value as a special teams guy. I expect grumbles, but I like it.

Another good solid college RB who went undrafted and has found some success in the NFL as a role player. When the Vikings called on him to run the ball he held his own. and he became a consistent player on special teams. The Vikings couldn't afford his 2.2 m tender because of Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison or else they would have likely brought him back. The Vikings wanted him back for less money but his value was more then they could offer.

He is an ok receiver. I like his explosion most of all and his ability to play special teams.

I look at him as a better version of former Broncos RB Lance Ball in a similar role that Ball played for us.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Rhodes would be Viking we'd sign

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest Rhodes has really declined to me the last two years. That being said I wouldn't complain if we brought him in on a one year deal.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boone’s special teams play is going to be undervalued with this signing. He can really help us.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did rush for 148 and 2 TDs in the only game he started last year.
Has the ability and plays ST

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing - even though I think it means the Broncos don't have an interest in bringing Lindsay back. Anytime you can cover two roster spots with one contract - you've made your team better.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned PL will land in AFC West

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing - even though I think it means the Broncos don't have an interest in bringing Lindsay back. Anytime you can cover two roster spots with one contract - you've made your team better.

Bingo!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to root for him easier outside AFC West

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going on in the RB room? Boone seems check a lot of boxes. It will be interesting to see how he responds to an expanded roll. Interesting to see the Broncos at UNC Pro day.

*Teams who sent their RBs coach to UNC for Javonte Williams and Michael Carter's pro day: Cardinals, Panthers, Bears, Jaguars, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Dolphins, Saints, Eagles and Steelers

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going on in the RB room? Boone seems check a lot of boxes. It will be interesting to see how he responds to an expanded roll. Interesting to see the Broncos at UNC Pro day.

*Teams who sent their RBs coach to UNC for Javonte Williams and Michael Carter's pro day: Cardinals, Panthers, Bears, Jaguars, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Dolphins, Saints, Eagles and Steelers
From what I can tell - Bronco RBs need to be able to route run and catch the ball like a receiver in the Schumur offense - in my judgement Michael Carter is that guy at UNC.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Gordon and Freeman are free agents at seasons end. I would not say RB is a position of need, but if there is a guy available I don't know that we avoid him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javonte Williams would be the excellent choice here is a runner and receiver as Etienne likely goes between our first and second rounder barring a trade. Michael Carter fits too. I don’t think running back is one of those positions we need to press in the draft but I definitely think it is worth seeing what is available to us when we are on the clock.

I see a lot of people thinking we have to draft a running back because Melvin Gordon’s contract is up after next year. I think it is a position that we keep an open mind on and could definitely draft. But running back is not a position you need to build for next year. You can easily go out and find the guy in the draft next year if you don’t get that guy this year. Probably the least developmental position to worry about.

I am keeping a very open mind at RB this draft. Don’t force it but if it is there don’t be afraid to grab it.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javonte Williams would be the excellent choice here is a runner and receiver as Etienne likely goes between our first and second rounder barring a trade. Michael Carter fits too. I don’t think running back is one of those positions we need to press in the draft but I definitely think it is worth seeing what is available to us when we are on the clock.

I see a lot of people thinking we have to draft a running back because Melvin Gordon’s contract is up after next year. I think it is a position that we keep an open mind on and could definitely draft. But running back is not a position you need to build for next year. You can easily go out and find the guy in the draft next year if you don’t get that guy this year. Probably the least developmental position to worry about.

I am keeping a very open mind at RB this draft. Don’t force it but if it is there don’t be afraid to grab it.
A true BAP year?