• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rays/Sox game 1 exclusively on appletv

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can get a free trial for tonight but it’s a hard pass for me

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it hasn't changed from last year, I suggest using mlb66 stream to catch all MLB games not showing on a regular TV channel. Of course it's limited to streaming only, but if you're ok with this, then have at it. The games are shown commercial free and you often have the option of carrying either team's broadcast. Funny that when I said commercial free, it's kinda strange that between innings or any time the station would otherwise cut to a commercial break, the screen goes blank and silent, then resumes when the broadcast resumes. I love it. Unfortunately, I'm on the road at the present for another week and haven't had the opportunity to try it out for this season. Hopefully, it's still going strong. I'll definitely crank it up once I'm back home.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, this won’t be carried locally?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever these people are calling this game, they are making me want to turn this broadcast off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Bummer is trash. Cease could've gotten another damn out. Thanks, La Russa.
The shit with Bummer is getting old and it doesn't seem to be changing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boggles my mind.
Eh. Relievers are weird. They can be dominant for years and then have one strange year where they get shelled. Then, come back the next year and pickup where they left off. Or just never be the same again out of nowhere. I am getting concerned with Bummer, though.

Speaking of relievers, Hendricks finally with a clean inning for the save. No drama.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys on Bummer, can't figure him out. But on the brighter side, it's good to see Burger stepping up during Moncada's absence.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys on Bummer, can't figure him out. But on the brighter side, it's good to see Burger stepping up during Moncada's absence.
Not to go full meatball... but...

Man, I do wonder how much of a pipe dream it is or is not to see if he can move over to second when Yoan is healthy. I like Harrison but he left his bat in Pittsburgh and hasn't found it since besides half of last year in Washington. If Burger is for real about to breakout and Yoan stays healthy. Our lineup would be SO damn lethal.

I would also bring up the possibility of Yoan moving back to 2nd and Burger staying at 3rd. However, at this point, Yoan playing 2nd seems to be a long gone thought.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to go full meatball... but...

Man, I do wonder how much of a pipe dream it is or is not to see if he can move over to second when Yoan is healthy. I like Harrison but he left his bat in Pittsburgh and hasn't found it since besides half of last year in Washington. If Burger is for real about to breakout and Yoan stays healthy. Our lineup would be SO damn lethal.

I would also bring up the possibility of Yoan moving back to 2nd and Burger staying at 3rd. However, at this point, Yoan playing 2nd seems to be a long gone thought.
I'll stand up for Harrison - from what I've seen. He is a top notch fielding 2nd baseman. He and Anderson bring the energy in the middle of the field. If was an important factor in two wins so far - one when he picked up a slow roller and the out at first ending a jam. Another when he went 1st to 3rd on a hit to shallow CF - setting up an insurance run - that turned out to be needed. IMO - he is the kind of a guy who can contribute to wins and make others better.

I take your point on his ability to generate offense. We will see what he's got for that and how long he can stay fresh in a long season.

I'd say Jake Burger has proved himself to a major league 3rd baseman. I hope he lights a fire under Moncada.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox bring home another victory as Liam bobbleheads his way to a dramatic, but successful 9th.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from Del City, OK.....about the only thing notable about here, besides a lot of road construction, is it's home to Tinker Air Force Base. And this is the first of 3 consecutive one night stays as we make our way west to Sin City.

Four quick observations without having been able to watch the game:

*Good to see Pito get off the homer schneid.
*Looks as if Kopech was solid in his second start.
*Hendriks can only continue to dance with the devil for so long. He needs to string together some easy-peasy outings.
*If you would have told me in advance that we'd be without our top two starters, our 3b, our star SS for the first two games, along with assorted injuries, and still begin the season at 6-2, I'd have asked you to pass me the blunt.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Andrew Vaughn?

No comments on Cease's stash?
I hope it distracts the hitters as much as it does the media.

There are a few of us White Sox fans who think TLR uses Leuery Garcia - just a little too much. I think I'd rather see Mendick at 2nd.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a few of us White Sox fans who think TLR uses Leuery Garcia - just a little too much. I think I'd rather see Mendick at 2nd.
I pretty much summed up the stache in comment 6

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leury has gotten off to his worst start since joining the roster, both with the bat and the glove. But like most managers do, Tony relies on proven vets who have been thrun the ringer numerous times. Right or wrong, it tends to be the going approach.

My biggest and most pleasant surprise is the overall performance from our entire pitching staff, with a couple of hiccups here and there (as in our opening day choke) included. We're 2nd in league ERA, which is almost unbelievable taking into account our injury woes. Our starters are keeping us in the game and the pen has for the most part been outstanding.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Easter ya filthy animals.

Sh*tty first inning btw...