• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rays post-season chances 2013

Boltfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Okay, lets get this party started.
The Rays are on track now. Winners of 6 in a row They stand at 30-24, 2 games back of Boston, 1 behind the Yankees and a half a game behind the O's. All of this without the services of David Price, who is injured and had a less than stellar start to the season. Longoria has not been producing RBI during the win streak either. Still with all of that, they had the best record in the AL for May. Which tells me one thing - they are only going to get better.
The Yankees have been a surprise and are now returning some injured starters to their line up. Boston has been even more of a surprise, but I wonder if they are going to start to fade soon. Toronto has been the biggest disappointment by far in this division and the Orioles are starting to win like they did last season - in dramatic fashion with regularity.
This all leads to my June 1 prediction of how the AL East will look at the end of September:

1. Baltimore Orioles 93-69
2. Tampa Bay Rays 92-70
3. NY Yankees 90-72
4. Boston Red Sox 80-82
5. Toronto Blue Jays 73-89

Rays get WC #1 and face either Cleveland or Oakland in the 1 game elimination.

Feel free to chime in.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i could live with that....we would be leading the central...but sit 4th in the east

Boltfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Right now that is exactly where they are. The AL East is living up to expectations (except everyone had it flipped) as the most competitive division in baseball. Going to be a wild ride. We need Moore to regain his form. Price to return to form when he gets back from his rehab starts (end june - all star break), and Wil Myers to take his rightful place in the outfield.
Think about this line up for a minute (not necessarily in this order)

Jennings CF, Myers OF, Joyce OF, Longoria 3B, Escobar SS, Zobrist 2B, Loney 1B, Lobaton C, K Johnson DH (Scott for LHP).

I like the look of this.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Right now that is exactly where they are. The AL East is living up to expectations (except everyone had it flipped) as the most competitive division in baseball. Going to be a wild ride. We need Moore to regain his form. Price to return to form when he gets back from his rehab starts (end june - all star break), and Wil Myers to take his rightful place in the outfield.
Think about this line up for a minute (not necessarily in this order)

Jennings CF, Myers OF, Joyce OF, Longoria 3B, Escobar SS, Zobrist 2B, Loney 1B, Lobaton C, K Johnson DH (Scott for LHP).

I like the look of this.
may be time to cut bait with scott....he just isnt hitting yet again this year...we still need to get better pitching....it has been the main reason we are sitting 4th at the moment

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, lets get this party started.
The Rays are on track now. Winners of 6 in a row They stand at 30-24, 2 games back of Boston, 1 behind the Yankees and a half a game behind the O's. All of this without the services of David Price, who is injured and had a less than stellar start to the season. Longoria has not been producing RBI during the win streak either. Still with all of that, they had the best record in the AL for May. Which tells me one thing - they are only going to get better.
The Yankees have been a surprise and are now returning some injured starters to their line up. Boston has been even more of a surprise, but I wonder if they are going to start to fade soon. Toronto has been the biggest disappointment by far in this division and the Orioles are starting to win like they did last season - in dramatic fashion with regularity.
This all leads to my June 1 prediction of how the AL East will look at the end of September:

1. Baltimore Orioles 93-69
2. Tampa Bay Rays 92-70
3. NY Yankees 90-72
4. Boston Red Sox 80-82
5. Toronto Blue Jays 73-89

Rays get WC #1 and face either Cleveland or Oakland in the 1 game elimination.

Feel free to chime in.
NO WAY are my Red Sox going to finish under .500 now that Not-My-Valentine has been booted out of the manager's office.

As a long-time Yankee hater I'm fantasizing about them replacing Girardi with that incompetent.

Come the post-season you might beat Boston on the days Price pitches and Leser doesn't, but the Sox will have a solid shot at sweeping the remaining games. They're that good and Valentine wasthat bad.