• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Lewis Vs Ray Rice

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me start off my saying I am not trying to troll on this board or bash either of these two players or you guys as fans but I have a question that I wanted answered and I figured you guys as actual Ravens fans would be able to answer and most of you guys (I'd say 99.999999% of you) aren't out there to just bash someone or label me a hater or anything like that and just want to have an honest conversation.

No here's my question (and again I am not trying to stir the pot/troll whatever you want to call it):

"Ray Lewis - We all know the "situation: he was in and he gets a statue and still MANY people still defend him (granted dude was a beats of a player) and here comes Ray RICE and Ravens fans have completely thrown him to the curb (again, rightfully so for what he did).

So (again i apologize if I am way off here but it's just what I feel is happening) but isn't there a double standard here?

and yes, the Patriots have their fair share of complete morons (Hernandez...and yes Gronk can be to)

I was just looking for some input on these two players.

THANKS! and best of luck the rest of the way AND moving forward from Rice!

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about two entirely different players and situations. Ray Lewis never assaulted anyone and was at the wrong place with the wrong crowd; whereas, Rice hit a female that he has a personal relationship with in a public place.

Lewis deserved all of the accolades that he received as a player because he learned from the error of his youth. The statue is just to pay homage to a man that gave his all on the field for one team in a long NFL career -- and matured to the point that he became a role model.

I have no respect for Ray Rice as a personal; as a player, he was respectable for a guy his size at a demanding position -- at least before last season. The image he projected before the incident off the field was that of a well-mannered young man that would never do something as brutal as knocking out a female. If he did something like that in an elevator, while out in public -- without hesitation -- he probably did that or worse to her at home, many times before.

As a Ravens fan, I feel sick about the firing of Rice; as a person, I feel disgusted that Ray Rice did what he did and he deserves to spend time in jail -- on top of being fired.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong place and the wrong time doesn't cut it for me at all. He pleaded guilty and now seems like he has been let off the hook. Again, I am not saying he is a crappy player because that's far from the case but BOTH players did disgraceful things (regardless if they were in the wrong place or not) and one gets crucified and the other gets a free pass.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong place and the wrong time doesn't cut it for me at all. He pleaded guilty and now seems like he has been let off the hook. Again, I am not saying he is a crappy player because that's far from the case but BOTH players did disgraceful things (regardless if they were in the wrong place or not) and one gets crucified and the other gets a free pass.

First of all, I said he (Lewis) 'was at the wrong place with the wrong crowd', not 'wrong time'. Learn how to read. Secondly, I don't give a damn what you think of that Ray Lewis' incident because you obviously don't know anything about it and ARE just trolling.

Lewis 'pleaded guilty' to obstruction ... not murder. Two people he was with at that club did the killing ... all he did was deny he was there, originally, then admitted he was there in a court of law. HE didn't assault the two guys that were killed. He made a mistake hanging around some thug ass dudes that weren't above killing. Attempting to associate an entirely different incident with that is not only idiotic, it's stupid.

Rice physically assaulted a female he has been with for years in a brutal way, knocked her out -- and was caught on video doing it -- then, dragged her limp body like a sack of cement, or something, across the floor, instead of picking her up and carrying her out of the elevator. Hitting a female is unacceptable under any circumstances. Like I said, if he hit her like that in public -- not caring if anyone came on the levator or not -- he more than likely hit her before or worse at home. Theres no excuse for that. With his strength, he could have, literally, killed her.

Lewis knew better and learned the hard way that you have to pick your friends, carefully, and changed his lifestyle, then became a role model off the field. I sincerely doubt Rice will ever shake the shame of hitting a female -- and getting caught doing it -- no matter what he does.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I said he (Lewis) 'was at the wrong place with the wrong crowd', not 'wrong time'. Learn how to read. Secondly, I don't give a damn what you think of that Ray Lewis' incident because you obviously don't know anything about it and ARE just trolling.

Lewis 'pleaded guilty' to obstruction ... not murder. Two people he was with at that club did the killing ... all he did was deny he was there, originally, then admitted he was there in a court of law. HE didn't assault the two guys that were killed. He made a mistake hanging around some thug ass dudes that weren't above killing. Attempting to associate an entirely different incident with that is not only idiotic, it's stupid.

Rice physically assaulted a female he has been with for years in a brutal way, knocked her out -- and was caught on video doing it -- then, dragged her limp body like a sack of cement, or something, across the floor, instead of picking her up and carrying her out of the elevator. Hitting a female is unacceptable under any circumstances. Like I said, if he hit her like that in public -- not caring if anyone came on the levator or not -- he more than likely hit her before or worse at home. Theres no excuse for that. With his strength, he could have, literally, killed her.

Lewis knew better and learned the hard way that you have to pick your friends, carefully, and changed his lifestyle, then became a role model off the field. I sincerely doubt Rice will ever shake the shame of hitting a female -- and getting caught doing it -- no matter what he does.

get a fucking grip of yourself.. I asked a simple question and you go off. I said I don't believe in the wrong place, "wrong time" thing and I am a troll. I wasn't saying YOU said that to begin with. Just saying that I don't agree with it.

And what's up with the poll conducted BY a Baltimore paper (I believe the Sun) where what about 45% of people think Rice shouldn't have been suspended? What's up with that?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me start off my saying I am not trying to troll on this board or bash either of these two players or you guys as fans but I have a question that I wanted answered and I figured you guys as actual Ravens fans would be able to answer and most of you guys (I'd say 99.999999% of you) aren't out there to just bash someone or label me a hater or anything like that and just want to have an honest conversation.

No here's my question (and again I am not trying to stir the pot/troll whatever you want to call it):

"Ray Lewis - We all know the "situation: he was in and he gets a statue and still MANY people still defend him (granted dude was a beats of a player) and here comes Ray RICE and Ravens fans have completely thrown him to the curb (again, rightfully so for what he did).

So (again i apologize if I am way off here but it's just what I feel is happening) but isn't there a double standard here?

and yes, the Patriots have their fair share of complete morons (Hernandez...and yes Gronk can be to)

I was just looking for some input on these two players.

THANKS! and best of luck the rest of the way AND moving forward from Rice!

2 completely different team owners and totally different set of league rules between now and then....
Lewis was guilty of withholding evidence in a what turned out to be a double murder case.....
To me quite frankly, murder is far worse than hitting a woman, and Lewis was at fault for trying to cover his buddies in a crime.....He did turn it around and never put himself in that position again, while being an outstanding figure and role model.....
He even donated 1 mil to each of the families of the victims on his own....
Rice has made a bad mistake also and will pay the price for it.....
Here's my problem with the handling of the matter, "The woman was not injured at all"....
Maybe it's just me but the vids I saw looked like he arm slapped her and she fell.....
I have seen many drunks and drug high people get hit with soft hits and either out cold or don't know what planet they are on.....But he did hit her and should be punished and 2 games were not nearly enough, if duck lips had of popped him with an 8 or 9 game suspension in the beginning, we would not be here discussing this right now.....
RG did not do his job on this and should be held accountable......10 mil fine with a Firing waiting on his next blunder.....
To answer your question, I don't see how you can crucify one without the other, but I am not for crucifying either one....
We are talking about football players, not world and church leaders....Get real folks :nod:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 completely different team owners and totally different set of league rules between now and then....
Lewis was guilty of withholding evidence in a what turned out to be a double murder case.....
To me quite frankly, murder is far worse than hitting a woman, and Lewis was at fault for trying to cover his buddies in a crime.....He did turn it around and never put himself in that position again, while being an outstanding figure and role model.....
He even donated 1 mil to each of the families of the victims on his own....
Rice has made a bad mistake also and will pay the price for it.....
Here's my problem with the handling of the matter, "The woman was not injured at all"....
Maybe it's just me but the vids I saw looked like he arm slapped her and she fell.....
I have seen many drunks and drug high people get hit with soft hits and either out cold or don't know what planet they are on.....But he did hit her and should be punished and 2 games were not nearly enough, if duck lips had of popped him with an 8 or 9 game suspension in the beginning, we would not be here discussing this right now.....
RG did not do his job on this and should be held accountable......10 mil fine with a Firing waiting on his next blunder.....
To answer your question, I don't see how you can crucify one without the other, but I am not for crucifying either one....
We are talking about football players, not world and church leaders....Get real folks :nod:

excellent, well thought out response. One that I was looking for. I did not hear about the $ 1 million Lewis gave to the families... Doesn't change the fact on what he did... But it certainly puts him in a much better light. I guess it is just the media "overplaying" (as usual) and steering the pot in this.

Another excellent point... If Goodell suspended him 8 games to begin with then we wouldn't be having this discussion. it seems like he only changed his mind because of the outrage this has caused.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
excellent, well thought out response. One that I was looking for. I did not hear about the $ 1 million Lewis gave to the families... Doesn't change the fact on what he did... But it certainly puts him in a much better light. I guess it is just the media "overplaying" (as usual) and steering the pot in this.

Another excellent point... If Goodell suspended him 8 games to begin with then we wouldn't be having this discussion. it seems like he only changed his mind because of the outrage this has caused.

:agree: