• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens to Send Flacco to Broncos, in Principle

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when he does. Has his height been a factor???

As for this trade. Best for what is available

I'm not sure. I'd have to pull numbers. But it's certainly not a glaring stat against him.

Pocket passers tradionally are going to get more passes tipped. D's routinely stay at home trying to collapse the pocket. Combine that with the sheer numbers of passes they throw from the pocket and the numbers of tipped balls increase.

With RW most Ds try to keep him in the pocket rushing/containing him from the edges. So less giants are steering him in the face when he does throw from within the pocket leaving him more lanes. Throw in RWs shiftiness and rushers don't want to leave their feet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have received calls from 8 teams about Case Keenum and what the trade cost would be.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have received calls from 8 teams about Case Keenum and what the trade cost would be.
A bag of new kicking tees.

Take it, take the deal John.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bag of new kicking tees.

Take it, take the deal John.
Well it saves $7 million in dead money to trade him so I would take that deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see the roster that won the Super Bowl only had 1 player still on the roster from before Elway getting to town. That was D. Thomas. The team he had his first year after the draft and FA only 3 players were still on the team in Chris Harris, Von Miller, and D. Thomas. So that would mean he added 49 new players in a 5 year period to fill out the roster and win a championship.

I never said he revamped the roster in one year. Manning coming in his 2nd year was a huge help to cover up a lot of the holes still on the team. It took them a few years to get all the right pieces for the defense to become the elite unit that it was in 2015.
fair enough, ill eat the crow:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it saves $7 million in dead money to trade him so I would take that deal.
That's my point. Denver needs to get whatever they can for him. The potential salary dump if someone wants to take it alone would be a win.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when you mitigate the DM, it's hard to like the move unless you're a true believer in the idea the scheme will rejuvenate Flacco.Hard for me to see how this changes their fortunes from just sitting on Keenum without knowing the behind the scenes stuff. It looks to me like double downing on last offseason's mistake.

Two simple questions:

Are the Broncos going to beat out both the Chargers and Chiefs for the West? Either of them?

Are the Broncos better than the 2nd place team in the AFCN and AFCS (Guessing Steelers and Texans right now)... Hell, what if Darnold makes a jump with the Jets? I don't see it. Maybe that's just me being overly pessimistic, but Flacco seems like a pointless move on the field.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. He’s probably a slight upgrade from Keenum.
I think that's only true if you buy scheme fit; Denver was pretty terrible at utilizing Keenum for much of the year; and the whole he's Case Keenum thing. Minnesota comes to mind where this was an issue. Keenum is definitely not better than Cousins, but Cousins had less success with mostly the same outfit.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB they currently have is in more demand than the QB they just got. Says it all right there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see...You have Arizona that just hired his college head coach where he set a lot of records. They need a good back up and have a very cheap QB room right now.

There is the Redskins who could see Alex Smith struggling to be ready for the season and them struggling to get any of the top QB's in this draft.

The Giants are another where Keenum's old QB in Shurmur that helped him have such a great year with the Vikings. Wouldn't shock me to see the Giants move on from Manning but need a stop gap starter/quality backup for their rookie.

Correction. Arizona needs a starting QB.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when you mitigate the DM, it's hard to like the move unless you're a true believer in the idea the scheme will rejuvenate Flacco.Hard for me to see how this changes their fortunes from just sitting on Keenum without knowing the behind the scenes stuff. It looks to me like double downing on last offseason's mistake.

Two simple questions:

Are the Broncos going to beat out both the Chargers and Chiefs for the West? Either of them?

Depends on if Fangio can have the same success as a HC as he had as a DC in Chicago. If he can make the Denver Defense Top 3 again and the Offense play like the Bears did last year(you look at Mitch Trubisky's talent level and the success he had) it's certainly possible.

The best chance Denver has is shutting down KC by playing great defense not competing with them on Offense in a shootout. And I can say with 100% certainly that Denver's D will be better this year under Fangio then it's been past several years since they won the SB.

Also the Denver team of last year almost beat Mahomes at Mile High Stadium if not for a collapse on Defense and a few lucky calls/things going in KC's favor(the refs missing a huge obvious delay of game penalty on Mahomes on his final drive, Keenum missing a wide open DT that would've won Denver the game, letting Mahomes convert a huge 3rd and 30). You have Fangio coaching that Defense and the Offensive mistakes still happens but you can bet Denver wouldn't have collapsed on D.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow, Peyton in the twilight of his career by sheer luck (admittedly a great move initially), Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler again, Case Keenum, and now a 34 year old Joe Flacco?

Either Elway is just a total potato at his job, or he's getting paid under the table by the Chiefs and Chargers at this point.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know that but you would think Elway could at least spot one half decent QB besides Peyton at the tail end of his career. It's absolutely pathetic how bad his drafts and signings have been. It's just hard to believe he is this stupid but maybe he just is.

It's bizarre just how terrible Elway has been at finding someone for the position besides the Peyton years. I mean, take Keenum for example. For as much grief as Cousins deserves for his shortcomings in 2018 (especially considering the record pay day Minnesota gave him), he still arguably had a better year than Keenum did in his career year of 2017 with the same team. People are quick to forget how heavily that 2017 Vikings team relied on the defense and Thielen/Diggs bailing Keenum out on a lot of big, ugly duck lobs of passes. Then factor in the fact that Keenum had done literally nothing prior to that 2017 year, and yeah... that's the guy the genius Elway decided to go after and pay.

Let's also not forget the fact that being the team to pay Cousins in 2018 was Elway's first choice for QB that off-season, lol. Only after it was clear that Kirk was bent on fooling someone other than the Broncos did Elway concede on the matter and go after Keenum as his second choice.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roncos acquired QB Joe Flacco from the Ravens in exchange for a 2019 fourth-round pick.
Denver had a pair of fourth-rounders in April's draft, and they'll send their own to Baltimore and keep the one it got from Houston in the Demaryius Thomas trade. The move will be officially official when the new league year opens on March 13. Flacco is 34 with a troubling injury history that includes back and hip issues along with a torn ACL a few years back. The guy simply cannot move outside of the pocket and is going to need serious protection from an offensive line that on paper looks like one of the league's worst at the moment. New OL coach Mike Munchak is suddenly a very important piece. As for Flacco's fit in the offense, new OC Rich Scangarello is part of the Shanahan/Kubiak tree, which Flacco played under in Baltimore when Kubiak was the OC. At the end of the day, this may not be a huge upgrade, but it is one from Case Keenum, who will now be shopped by the Broncos. Flacco has three years left on his contract.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a million teams will call, hes a decent back up..........calls dont mean deals, every team has "called" over AB, hes still on the steelers

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th rd pick isn't too much but I'm not sure this is really going to improve them very much. I guess he could be a stop gap for a younger guy but Denver hasn't exactly shown they can develop a QB