• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens to Send Flacco to Broncos, in Principle

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow, Peyton in the twilight of his career by sheer luck (admittedly a great move initially), Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler again, Case Keenum, and now a 34 year old Joe Flacco?

Either Elway is just a total potato at his job, or he's getting paid under the table by the Chiefs and Chargers at this point.
In fairness to Elway, Tebow was already there when he took the job so we can't go that deep.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow, Peyton in the twilight of his career by sheer luck (admittedly a great move initially), Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler again, Case Keenum, and now a 34 year old Joe Flacco?

Either Elway is just a total potato at his job, or he's getting paid under the table by the Chiefs and Chargers at this point.

I guess my question would be I'm not sure any team out there is great at picking QB's. The Patriots lucked into Brady (they passed on him for 5 rounds so even they had no clue he would become what he has). The Packers were ready to move on from Rodgers after a few seasons using a 2nd round pick on Brian Brohm. The Browns have a running joke of who their starting QB has been. Yet I would say now they have it figured out in Mayfield. All it takes is being right once and you can be set for 20 years. Considering the NFL has had what just over 50 Super Bowls all you have to do is be right a couple of times so far in NFL history.

Yes that list looks bad. Doesn't mean they stop trying and from the sound of things they are planning on going big for a QB this draft as well. IF it doesn't work out then it sets them back another few years and they try again. Just how the NFL works.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question would be I'm not sure any team out there is great at picking QB's. .

well, there are only so many elite QB's walking the planet at one time so it's hard for teams to hit 2 in a row or more.

pretty much the only ones that have done it recently ....

Colts Peyton to Luck
Packers Favre to Rodgers

the rest have just 'hit' with a one-time elite QB, such as your Broncos. They've struggled at the position in general since Elway retired, and it's not surprising because there are only a handful of elite guys playing at a certain point in time. To get 2 in a row is hard.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly your opinion and compared to Rothlisberger that makes sense. Flacco is a solid pro and Denver needs a solid QB

Pay StoolersPride no attention, he hates Joe because he never raped any college girls in a public bathroom like Ben and that's the only way he knows how to get with a girl....
He thinks r*pe means hurry up !!.....
Dumb Juan
giphy.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay StoolersPride no attention, he hates Joe because he never raped any college girls in a public bathroom like Ben and that's the only way he knows how to get with a girl....
Dumb Juan
giphy.gif
I actually provided evidence of his below mediocrity,

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb Juan
giphy.gif
Seriously? Ur gonna comment that I r*pe ppl? Wow you are an old
Fuck

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ur gonna comment that I r*pe ppl? Wow you are an old
Fuck

Well, you support your qb that did !!!.....Birds of a feather flock together, haven't you heard !!!
Gee, I wonder why !!!!!
giphy.gif

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What senile old @#% accuses ppl of r*pe? Go make another meme u demented asshat

Don't sling it if you can't bring it little Ben !!!!!:nono:
Besides, I thought you put me on your ignore list....:pound:
You'd have no life at all without me, so lighten up Susie , it's all part of the Smack Attack...:rolleyes2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers were ready to move on from Rodgers after a few seasons using a 2nd round pick on Brian Brohm.

Lol... no. Incorrect. Brohm was never drafted to be Rodgers replacement as Favre's heir. Rodgers was only just about to start his first game. In fact, the Packers moved on from Favre just so they could get Rodgers career going.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but what Elway has done with the QB position had a lot to do with his struggles as HC in Denver.

He was used as the scapegoat for Elway doing a shitty job

Is John Elway really that bad at his job? I see a guy who took over an 8-8 team and has gone 70-42 with 2 Super Bowl appearances and a championship in 7 seasons. As a Redskins fan that looks pretty damned good to me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok for anyone , anyone claiming flacco is a decent qb...........Heres some stats post superbowl...........

"After the Ravens’ Super Bowl victory way back in 2013, Flacco’s play has noticeably declined. From 2013 – 2018, he played 83 games, going 42-41. He averaged just 3,435.3 passing yards, 18 TDs, and 13 INTs per season for those years, averaging an awful 6.5 yards per attempt. The Ravens didn’t do much to help him out in the way of pass-catchers and running backs over the last six seasons, but Flacco’s play has been bad regardless"

"
Flacco has posted exactly one above-average season by passer rating or net yards per attempt since his incredible run to the Super Bowl in 2012. His Total QBR over that six-year stretch is 53.8; among the 20 passers with 2,000 or more pass attempts over that time frame, the only quarterbacks Flacco beats out are Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr and Blake Bortles. (Keenum's QBR over that time on 1,844 attempts is 51.5.)

Flacco has 5,670 career pass attempts with an ANY/A+ of 94. He has been a slightly below-average quarterback over the course of his 11-year run"

oh and he has back problems

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is John Elway really that bad at his job? I see a guy who took over an 8-8 team and has gone 70-42 with 2 Super Bowl appearances and a championship in 7 seasons. As a Redskins fan that looks pretty damned good to me.

Actually he took over a 4-12 team. His first year as the GM was when they went 8-8 with Tebow at the helm.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there are only so many elite QB's walking the planet at one time so it's hard for teams to hit 2 in a row or more.

pretty much the only ones that have done it recently ....

Colts Peyton to Luck
Packers Favre to Rodgers

the rest have just 'hit' with a one-time elite QB, such as your Broncos. They've struggled at the position in general since Elway retired, and it's not surprising because there are only a handful of elite guys playing at a certain point in time. To get 2 in a row is hard.

Bledsoe led the Patriots to a Superbowl. They got 2 in a row. You are correct though in that it hard to do.....