• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens better than last year?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even December has been a horrible indicator. Baltimore went 1-4 this last December. The Giants the year before that went 2-2. Green Bay went 2-2 as well. Saints went 2-2. Pittsburgh in 2008 was the last team to have a winning December that went on to win the Superbowl.

I didn't say they 4-0...Both the NYG & GB turned their seasons around late and went on a run...BAL was the only team you mentioned that struggled in DEC and won a SB...maybe it's not as simple as DEC, but teams healthy and playing well late in the year imo have a good shot at winning the SB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Superbowl is more about matchups, IMHO. Lots of other factors too. Key injuries contributed to NE falling out but Pats were also soft against a more physical Ravens. All the junk 's been heard, I'd rather be lucky than talented.

Every game is about matchups...the NYG were the perfect matchup the undefeated NE Pats...but not every team they faced was a good matchup...that front 4 was playing at a high level as was the team late in the yr.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are the champs until they are taken down. That happens now. If the Ravens came back EXACTLY as they were, they would not repeat. Everything bounced their way and that does not happen 2 years in a row.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens make the playoffs this year I dont see them making it out of the 1st round. They lost more key players than gained and other AFC teams grew more stronger than they did this offseason. I still think Flacco is one of the most overrated players in the league and that will catch up to him after his big contract year.