• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ravens at Bengals

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beginning of the Ryan Finley era. As our D is about to give up 6 in about five plays.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how sustainable Lamar Jackson's style is longterm but this is going be tough to defend while he's young and healthy

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should be good

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where’s Burfict when we need him

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen enough of the rookie. He’s terrible.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Cincy Herbert or Tua.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a pox on you bengals

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Y’all...it doesn’t get much better than this.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand how anyone would spend one dime to watch this garbage organization play football.

This is the worst Bengals team I’ve ever watched. And growing in the 90’s that saying something.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a lot of football on the Redzone today.... The Bengals aren't even playing the same game. Even the Dolphins, who basically gutted their own roster, are heads and shoulders above this Bengals team.

I'm really starting to appreciate Marvin Lewis.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen enough of the rookie. He’s terrible.

Probably not fair to judge him based on our shit roster.... But he doesn't strike me as more than a journeyman type player.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to appreciate Marvin Lewis.

I said it about a month ago. I owe Marvin Lewis an apology. He wasn’t perfect, it had gotten stale and he needed to move on. But he pretty much reached the ceiling of what a coach can achieve under Mike Brown ownership. The fact he took this team to 5 straight playoff births warrants its own 30 for 30.

The wheels have completely fallen off on the Zac Taylor bandwagon. This staff is BAAAAD. Doesn’t help to have maybe the worst roster in football.

The sad thing is the Dolphins made an organizational decision to suck by giving away all their players. Hell, they gifted Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers, who might be the DPOTY. Nice to see them get their new Polomalu...

The Bengals 110% were trying to win this year with this sorry ass bunch. Yet a team trying to lose on purpose is still better than them. Fuck Mike Brown.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team lost 7 of their last 8 games under Lewis and he left the roster in shambles. I don't miss him at all.

I do miss Mike Zimmer. He built our defense from scratch and it went to shit as soon as the nucleus of players he drafted aged into their 30s. Theres a reason he's coaching a 7-3 team now and made an NFC conference championship game with a fringe starter/ career journeyman at QB.

I thought the team would be more competitive this season but without Green, Glenn and Ross it's impossible to evaluate Taylor as an offensive coach.

He gets at least one more year. If it doesn't drastically improve then it's time to move on.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Marvin's act wore thin the last few years. And I also agree that we miss Zimmer. That's when Marvin's teams were best.

That said, I'm not sure how much of this roster we should blame on Marvin. I'd like to know who was in on the decision making that let Jones and Sanu out the door without replacements. Who let Whit, Zeitler, and Smith all leave and failed to properly scout/develop the replacements. Did Marvin have full control over assistants (i.e. was he responsible for keeping Paul Alexander around too long).

Marvin apologists claim this is the fault of the Brown family and Duke Tobin. Marvin blamers put all the responsibility on him.

I suppose we'll see how things operate with the new staff, but so far there doesn't appear to be much room for optimism. This team has so many holes I'm not sure where you would even start. Yes, a franchise qb would be nice.... But the defense is historically bad and it will take more than 2 or 3 drafts to fix those issues.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young should be our pick.

Rebuild the defense, the offensive line. Then worry about the skill positions. We can live with Finley, Dolegala for a year. There is NO QB, not even Peyton Manning in his prime winning with this defense and offensive line. Need to build from the inside / out like good teams do.

Worry about QB next year with Trevor Lawrence hitting the draft pool. Need to change the identity of this team. Strong ass Oline, with Mixon running the ball, screen plays, quick slants, more TE formations. Can be used to help run block or go out for passes. I love the two TE sets. Makes the team more versatile on offense without having to change personnel constantly for run versus pass plays.

I am all for letting Green walk, Dalton shit canned, Hart gone, Glenn gone. Save some money, get new talent in here, but have to start with defense and offensive line.

Wish they would have got something for Green and Dalton when they could have.

1st for Green and maybe a 4th rounder for Dalton looking for a backup with starting experience.