• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rating the offseason for all 32 teams.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rating the offseason for all 32 NFL teams: Why the Browns are on top

Elite

Cleveland Browns

Above Average

Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphis
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee Titans

Average

Cincinnati Bengals
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
New England Patriots
San Francisco 49ers

Too Soon To Tell

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Vikings
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Washington Redskins

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ecstatic with Atlanta's off-season . 2 first rounders on the OL after adding 2 starting caliber OL. Adding depth on the DL and secondary but most importantly we get Freeman , Neal, Allen and Jones back at full strength . Ryan was great last year with no run game and one of the worst OLs in football . If those even improve to average the offense should be elite which means the D just needs to be pedestrian to get 10 or 11 wins

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so one of your articles gave the browns a c, the other has them at elite, hmm
So like ... People have different opinions and shit ??

This explains so much!! Lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how there's no level between elite and above average. I'd say teams like the Colts, Jags, Jets, and even Buffalo had really good offseasons, definitely better than just "above average".

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't put the Steelers in the "Above Average" category since that's still a top 2 category. Losing 2 all-pro talents on the offense and only receiving a 3rd & 5th round pick as compensation was & still is laughable. Even if it was the right choice to "cleanse" the team.

The FA additions seem solid, but will have to wait & see. Nelson is a proven DB, but I'm still of the belief that you could put any elite talent on the backend of this defense and they will look pedestrian because the coaches will always hang them out to dry. Moncrief has never amassed more than 750 yds in his career, but he's only getting paid to be a WR2 so I guess that's ok. If he can stay healthy then I'd expect good things, maybe even great if he clicks with Ben early. Juju will garner most of the attention until Crief establishes himself. Once that happens then the whole offense should open up more.

And the draft day move to grab Bush was huge. But with any rookie, you can't sell that as a grade until he proves himself. He SHOULD be able to allow them to run Butler's horrid defensive schemes, but who knows how well it will work.

I'd put them in the "Too Soon To Tell" category. There is still plenty of stability to be found, but still lots of question marks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't put the Steelers in the "Above Average" category since that's still a top 2 category. Losing 2 all-pro talents on the offense and only receiving a 3rd & 5th round pick as compensation was & still is laughable. Even if it was the right choice to "cleanse" the team.

The FA additions seem solid, but will have to wait & see. Nelson is a proven DB, but I'm still of the belief that you could put any elite talent on the backend of this defense and they will look pedestrian because the coaches will always hang them out to dry. Moncrief has never amassed more than 750 yds in his career, but he's only getting paid to be a WR2 so I guess that's ok. If he can stay healthy then I'd expect good things, maybe even great if he clicks with Ben early. Juju will garner most of the attention until Crief establishes himself. Once that happens then the whole offense should open up more.

And the draft day move to grab Bush was huge. But with any rookie, you can't sell that as a grade until he proves himself. He SHOULD be able to allow them to run Butler's horrid defensive schemes, but who knows how well it will work.

I'd put them in the "Too Soon To Tell" category. There is still plenty of stability to be found, but still lots of question marks.
I wouldn't say they lost two all-pro talents since Bell wasn't even playing last year, so they basically lost him in 2017. Losing Brown, yeah I get that. However, Pittsburgh never has a problem developing WR talent.

The best part about the offseason for Pittsburgh was the moves on defense. Adding Bush as a replacement for Shazier was a really good move, but I love grabbing Justin Layne as late as they did, and grabbing Nelson as CB depth was also solid.

I think Moncrief could be fantastic in that offense, but he doesn't have to be the #2 with how much you guys spread the ball around. James Washington and Diontae Johnson are burners in the Emmanuel Sanders mold, so I'm sure they will be able to contribute next to Juju and Moncrief. There are still plenty of capable pass-catchers overall in that offense to keep Ben working.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they lost two all-pro talents since Bell wasn't even playing last year, so they basically lost him in 2017. Losing Brown, yeah I get that. However, Pittsburgh never has a problem developing WR talent.

The best part about the offseason for Pittsburgh was the moves on defense. Adding Bush as a replacement for Shazier was a really good move, but I love grabbing Justin Layne as late as they did, and grabbing Nelson as CB depth was also solid.

I think Moncrief could be fantastic in that offense, but he doesn't have to be the #2 with how much you guys spread the ball around. James Washington and Diontae Johnson are burners in the Emmanuel Sanders mold, so I'm sure they will be able to contribute next to Juju and Moncrief. There are still plenty of capable pass-catchers overall in that offense to keep Ben working.
I guess I'm more pessimistic about the defensive moves because I know ultimately their coaches will fail them. Bush is a fantastic replacement for Shazier. And Layne should have a good future with the team, although Nelson will be the starter this year. All of these moves look good on paper, but I'm in wait & see mode. Butler & Tomlin know their asses could be sent packing if they don't deliver this year, so I expect more functional schemes this year.

I'm not worried at all about the offense. Because no matter who is considered an MVP-caliber player within that group, the MIP (most indispensable player) will always be Ben.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try and clean all this nonsense up.

Every team is in the too soon to tell category.

The end.

Last edited:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to believe this will be his best opportunity in a few years with the likes of Brissett, Kessler and Bortles throwing to him.....I expect a solid season from him if he remains healthy......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one is bored and they're all looking for clicks.

It's tough during the off season for attention whores.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm more pessimistic about the defensive moves because I know ultimately their coaches will fail them. Bush is a fantastic replacement for Shazier. And Layne should have a good future with the team, although Nelson will be the starter this year. All of these moves look good on paper, but I'm in wait & see mode. Butler & Tomlin know their asses could be sent packing if they don't deliver this year, so I expect more functional schemes this year.

I'm not worried at all about the offense. Because no matter who is considered an MVP-caliber player within that group, the MIP (most indispensable player) will always be Ben.
I guess I just always look at it as "It's Pittsburgh". You always figure out a way to work things out. The fact that you have no faith in your defensive coaches, yet you were 6th in total defense last year, says it all. Fucking factory.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe this will be his best opportunity in a few years with the likes of Brissett, Kessler and Bortles throwing to him.....I expect a solid season from him if he remains healthy......
That was exactly what I was thinking. He hasn't had a competent healthy QB - and been healthy himself - since 2015, and he went 64/733/6 as a #2. I think he can improve on that if he can stay healthy all year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just always look at it as "It's Pittsburgh". You always figure out a way to work things out. The fact that you have no faith in your defensive coaches, yet you were 6th in total defense last year, says it all. Fucking factory.
When you watch them on a weekly basis you get to know their faults better than anyone. And when that defense plays against upper echelon QBs... They fall apart. Top 10 defense is fun to look at on paper, but its a false belief. Ask any Steelers fan & they'll say the same thing. They get absolutely dissected against elite QBs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ecstatic with Atlanta's off-season . 2 first rounders on the OL after adding 2 starting caliber OL. Adding depth on the DL and secondary but most importantly we get Freeman , Neal, Allen and Jones back at full strength . Ryan was great last year with no run game and one of the worst OLs in football . If those even improve to average the offense should be elite which means the D just needs to be pedestrian to get 10 or 11 wins

I tend to agree about the OG position...I think they finally have two OGs that can play at this level....I'm not super sold on the RT starter (not a fan of Ty Sambrailo's work). I'm also not sold on the edge. I believe in Takk, more than Beasley, They brought in some depth, but whose the starter? Senat needs to step up this yr....what is Hageman 2.0?

The OFC and DEF should benefit from the off season, but much of it imo is getting a whole slew of key injured players back....I like your 10 or 11 win projection this season.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish my team could win the off season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a little more positive on the offseason than Face, but he's right, the DEF scheme left a lot to be desired in spite of the official "ranking". There were some holes on this DEF.

While they lost a lot in Antonio Brown, I'm less concerned about the OFC than I am about the DEF. I think they have finally got a legit 3 down Mack ILB in the draft pick Bush, and they have another hybrid S/ILB player in FA, Barron. They upgraded the CB2 position in FA...now we just need to see this talent on the field.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little more positive on the offseason than Face, but he's right, the DEF scheme left a lot to be desired in spite of the official "ranking". There were some holes on this DEF.

While they lost a lot in Antonio Brown, I'm less concerned about the OFC than I am about the DEF. I think they have finally got a legit 3 down Mack ILB in the draft pick Bush, and they have another hybrid S/ILB player in FA, Barron. They upgraded the CB2 position in FA...now we just need to see this talent on the field.
The offense will be fine as long as Ben is healthy, as usual. I think Conner looks every bit like a real 3 down back, and there's plenty of talent at WR. It's also nice when you have the best OL in the league.

I could see the defense being similar to last year. There will be some dominant games and there will be some slip-ups. Afterall, you do have games against Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Goff, as well as 2x against Baker and Dalton, who has played surprisingly well against Pittsburgh the past few years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will be fine as long as Ben is healthy, as usual. I think Conner looks every bit like a real 3 down back, and there's plenty of talent at WR. It's also nice when you have the best OL in the league.

I could see the defense being similar to last year. There will be some dominant games and there will be some slip-ups. Afterall, you do have games against Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Goff, as well as 2x against Baker and Dalton, who has played surprisingly well against Pittsburgh the past few years.

OFC...well, RT is not locked down yet, but the leading candidate to start has played in plenty of games, I don't expect much drop off there. Moncrief has some big shoes to fill, but I also think the OC will not be relying as heavily on a couple of targets...still enough talent here to win the DIV, and beyond if they're used properly.

DEF...on paper, the talent is better at the weakest positions LY, ILB, and CB2. They do face some stiff competition, @ NE and LAC, they do get RW at home...I'm looking at the DIV as a split, maybe they dbl down on BAL but every time I go down this road with the Ravens they surprise me, so 3-3 in the North I would be okay with. PIT was one of the better QB pressure teams LY, they will need to replicate that to get into that 10, 10+ win area.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OFC...well, RT is not locked down yet, but the leading candidate to start has played in plenty of games, I don't expect much drop off there. Moncrief has some big shoes to fill, but I also think the OC will not be relying as heavily on a couple of targets...still enough talent here to win the DIV, and beyond if they're used properly.

DEF...on paper, the talent is better at the weakest positions LY, ILB, and CB2. They do face some stiff competition, @ NE and LAC, they do get RW at home...I'm looking at the DIV as a split, maybe they dbl down on BAL but every time I go down this road with the Ravens they surprise me, so 3-3 in the North I would be okay with. PIT was one of the better QB pressure teams LY, they will need to replicate that to get into that 10, 10+ win area.

We shall see.