• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate the position groups you value most in football, in order

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL, because a good one can get a shot QB a superbowl MVP.
See 2017.

Sure didn’t get Dak one. Oakland has a top OLine and they didn’t make the playoffs. Tennessee has a top 5 OLine... didn’t do anything for them. Bears were ranked 11th and Cleveland always has had a good OLine too.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s elite with a great OLine or without. Every team needs a good OLine but teams have won SBs with bad OLines like the Seahawks. But keep thinking Wentz is not a superstar. Fine with me. And QBs play in the inside

Seattle's o-line wasn't that bad when the Hawks won the SB and then returned the following year. It dropped off the following year and then fell into the abyss.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's o-line wasn't that bad when the Hawks won the SB and then returned the following year. It dropped off the following year and then fell into the abyss.

What would you say there ranking was from 1-32 their SB year. It wasn’t elite, correct?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn’t get Dak one. Oakland has a top OLine and they didn’t make the playoffs. Tennessee has a top 5 OLine... didn’t do anything for them. Bears were ranked 11th and Cleveland always has had a good OLine too.
Dallas line isn't the best Pass pro line, it's better at the run game, and last season it was beat up.

Here's the thing numbnuts. The OP asked for an opinion and I gave my opinion. Its not like I threw a fucking tantrum like a two year old.
It's not like I said You Can NEVER build a team QB first or Now Way is QB more important.

The only thing I will say Matter-of-factly is you're a fucking liar.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas line isn't the best Pass pro line, it's better at the run game, and last season it was beat up.

Here's the thing numbnuts. The OP asked for an opinion and I gave my opinion. Its not like I threw a fucking tantrum like a two year old.
It's not like I said You Can NEVER build a team QB first or Now Way is QB more important.

The only thing I will say Matter-of-factly is you're a fucking liar.

When did I lie?
You can give your opinion. I was just letting you know your opinion is wrong.
Now tell me when I lied?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said at all. If you could GUARANTEE the QB I'm drafting will be elite, I'm going QB. Problem is too many college QBs fail in the NFL behind crap lines. I'll build my lines, and let good but not elite players flourish behind them.
Hell it worked with Wentz and Foles.

I didn't read through the whole thread super thoroughly yet, but this is kind of my thinking as well. If you have a top 5 QB, it gives you a lot more room for error all around on the rest of the offense. But obviously, top 5 talent is extremely hard to come by. Even if you have a below average QB that at least isn't hot garbage, give him enough time to throw with rock solid O-line protection and some decent receivers, and he'll generally do fine. All that said, I'll always put QB ahead of O-line if you're telling me it was a Madden style draft hypothetical and I got first pick of any players I wanted.

The same logic applies to other positions in terms of their overall value too. I'd rank an RB who can run, catch and block all above average much higher than a guy who is an elite runner but can't do anything in the passing game, for example.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t lie about that my man. I was joking when I said I lied but Handi is telling the truth will all his stories. They were calling me a liar when I said that one accomplishment but he’s being truthful about 20 remarkable things.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t lie about that my man. I was joking when I said I lied but Handi is telling the truth will all his stories. They were calling me a liar when I said that one accomplishment but he’s being truthful about 20 remarkable things.
There's horseshit falling from you mouth.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a position wasn't extremely important than it wouldn't be on the field.

OL is 5 positions. That's obviously important.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) QB
2) OL
3) DL
4) S
5) CB
6) LB
7) K
8) WR
9) TE
10) RB
11) FB

Wide receiver is so low on my list of major importance. Don't get me wrong, a good WR can help the team, but when was the last time a team won with an amazing set of WRs? Maybe Harrison/Wayne with Manning or Irvin/Holt with Warner? Even then it's two HOF QBs and a top 3 QB all time... That's about it... And they are a bunch of whiners who constantly harp the QB to 'get them the ball' 24/7.

RB is whatever. Plug and play. Give a QB some time and he'll turn any wideout/RB into a stud.

I've always valued safeties more than corners given the range and last line of defense, but secondary cannot be ignored. If your secondary sucks you'll get exploited all day with plays on the edge/over the middle.

IMO outside of the OLINE the skill positions on O are the least important to me. Yes of course you need competent players, but if you have a good QB and OLINE, that can make up for a TON of shortcomings on O. D is all reactive to the O, you need better players there overall.

And lol if anyone is putting anything but QB at #1. That's probably the hardest position to play in all of sports (maybe MLB starting pitcher???) and if you find one that works... that's EASILY the most value add to your team.