• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rask Locked Up

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree about the importance of re-signing Rask.

That, to me, was PRIORITY ONE this off-season. Without him we don't get past Pittsburgh,
let alone stretch the Final out as long as we did.

Bergeron, who I read just a few minutes ago has been resigned, was the second on my personal list.

As a Penguin fan I have to agree that Rask was huge in that series, but I question the length of the contract when Malcolm Subban is waiting in the wing. Perhaps Subban will be trade bait now, but all indications prior to Rask's extension suggested that Subban would be the future of the team. BTW, please consider sending Subban to my Pens, we could use a goalie for the future LOL

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Penguin fan I have to agree that Rask was huge in that series, but I question the length of the contract when Malcolm Subban is waiting in the wing. Perhaps Subban will be trade bait now, but all indications prior to Rask's extension suggested that Subban would be the future of the team. BTW, please consider sending Subban to my Pens, we could use a goalie for the future LOL

:hellno:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade him at all,better Pittsburgh than any of the metro NYC teams.

NYC needs humble pie, not winning teams, IMO.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chia will be reaching to a Western Conference team on him for sure. He is not dumb enough to hand over a goalie who could be franchise to a rival.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys don't worry, doubt if they give Malcolm Subban to the Pens. Bruins would have to be the biggest idiots in the world to trade a talent like Malcolm Subban to a conference rival. I just posted that because I would love to have Malcolm Subban in the Pens' system.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ all Subban nut-huggers! He hasnt done anything yet. I know there's alot of hype with this guy, but how often have we seen that with about a gazillion other players over the years. Jus sayin ... ;)

I'll become a 'believer' when I see it.

GOOOOOO B's!!!!!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ all Subban nut-huggers! He hasnt done anything yet. I know there's alot of hype with this guy, but how often have we seen that with about a gazillion other players over the years. Jus sayin ... ;)

I'll become a 'believer' when I see it.

GOOOOOO B's!!!!!

Well, hell let's just get rid of the draft. You draft players based on potential, then we watch them develop, would you rather we didn't talk about him at all? Remember he was part of a trade negotiation this year so other teams see the potential too, I think it's fare to address that.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hell let's just get rid of the draft. You draft players based on potential, then we watch them develop, would you rather we didn't talk about him at all? Remember he was part of a trade negotiation this year so other teams see the potential too, I think it's fare to address that.

I get what you're saying MoJo. All I'm saying is let's not 'anoint' the kid just yet. Some are already putting him on a pedestal and he's not played one NHL game. I truly he hope he does become what the hype says, I'm just saying let's not blow the guy up to something he hasnt proved up to yet. That's all. :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying MoJo. All I'm saying is let's not 'anoint' the kid just yet. Some are already putting him on a pedestal and he's not played one NHL game yet. I truly he hope he does become what the hype says, I'm just saying let's not blow the guy up to something he hasnt proved up to yet. That's all. :peace:

For me quite the opposite. I want them to make the kid sound like the best ever and trade his ass for some talent

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me quite the opposite. I want them to make the kid sound like the best ever and trade his ass for some talent

LOL ... that's a good point, also. But ... if he's all that he's supposed to be, it might be a good idea to keep him around as a solid backup for Tuukka, now that Khodobin is gone. Sounds alot like the TT/Rask role all over again. :)

We really have no backup goalie listed on the roster right now. From what I can gather, it will be a 3-way competition between Svedberg (good year in AHL Providence last year), Johnson (10 NHL games) and 19 yr old Subban. I'm hearing Johnson has the inside track on the backup spot. :noidea:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying MoJo. All I'm saying is let's not 'anoint' the kid just yet. Some are already putting him on a pedestal and he's not played one NHL game. I truly he hope he does become what the hype says, I'm just saying let's not blow the guy up to something he hasnt proved up to yet. That's all. :peace:

I get it, and I think we all have high hopes but in the end you are correct he could be a complete bust.