• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rask Locked Up

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight year deal now lets lock up Patrice

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's the next one on the block to re-sign. Pay this man whatever he wants ... he's a definite keeper and the future of this franchise. I just hope he can stay healthy!!!

GOOOOO B's!!!!!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's the next one on the block to re-sign. Pay this man whatever he wants ... he's a definite keeper and the future of this franchise. I just hope he can stay healthy!!!

GOOOOO B's!!!!!

Yeah the head injuries are worrisome, not sure much can be done about that. There is no next generation helmet that I am aware of.

The Rask deal intrigues me, last years draft the Bs grabbed Malcom Subban and refused to include him in a trade earlier this year. I can't imagine they plan to keep him in the minors or a back up for eight years. No doubt we are covered as far as net minders go, just wonder what the future holds for Malcolm

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the head injuries are worrisome, not sure much can be done about that. There is no next generation helmet that I am aware of.

The Rask deal intrigues me, last years draft the Bs grabbed Malcom Subban and refused to include him in a trade earlier this year. I can't imagine they plan to keep him in the minors or a back up for eight years. No doubt we are covered as far as net minders go, just wonder what the future holds for Malcolm

Very good point about Rask getting an 8 year deal when Malcolm Subban is expected to be the future goalie of the team. Kind of makes you wonder. Didn't think about it like that. Interesting...

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like this Tuuka. I do not think they needed to go all in on him. I am of the belief that the Bruins style of hockey makes goalies look good. They clear out the front very well and are as sound defensively as any team in the league.

That being said I am happy that he is signed long term. 7 mill per hit cap is tough but then again that is what the going rate is more or less for a full time starter.

As far as Bergy goes. I bet they are trying to get a home town discount with him. He has only known Boston as a pro and by all accounts loves playing here. If they dont get him under contract soon we could lose him. He is my favorite Bruin so I hope that gets done real soon. the longer it drags out the worse it will get.

Malcom has to be trade bait in the very near future. No need to have a talented tender sitting in the AHL.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like this Tuuka. I do not think they needed to go all in on him. I am of the belief that the Bruins style of hockey makes goalies look good. They clear out the front very well and are as sound defensively as any team in the league.

That being said I am happy that he is signed long term. 7 mill per hit cap is tough but then again that is what the going rate is more or less for a full time starter.

As far as Bergy goes. I bet they are trying to get a home town discount with him. He has only known Boston as a pro and by all accounts loves playing here. If they dont get him under contract soon we could lose him. He is my favorite Bruin so I hope that gets done real soon. the longer it drags out the worse it will get.

Malcom has to be trade bait in the very near future. No need to have a talented tender sitting in the AHL.

It'll be hard to trade him if it can't be shown he can have success at the next level. The Bs have to find a way to get him some NHL game time. He is suppose to be the cats pajamas not sure I would want to trade him.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing in Providence is what's in the immediate future for Subban. Trade is a possibility but he's not moving ahead of Rask or Khudobin for at least a season, probably more. Goaltending is this team's
strong suit.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in Providence is what's in the immediate future for Subban. Trade is a possibility but he's not moving ahead of Rask or Khudobin for at least a season, probably more. Goaltending is this team's
strong suit.

Khudobin is gone. I believe he signed with Carolina.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strong suit.

I suspect another year in Providence would be best but if he is as good as advertised he could easily be as good as Rask or Khudobin. The trade that might make sense is Khudobin next offseason. Teams will see him through out the regular season in NHL games. This of course depends on how good Subban looks in Providence.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect another year in Providence would be best but if he is as good as advertised he could easily be as good as Rask or Khudobin. The trade that might make sense is Khudobin next offseason. Teams will see him through out the regular season in NHL games. This of course depends on how good Subban looks in Providence.
Being as good as Rask is NOT going to be easy.

Let's just say I don't have the highest opinion of the people who were knocking Rask
during the playoffs.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being as good as Rask is NOT going to be easy.

Let's just say I don't have the highest opinion of the people who were knocking Rask
during the playoffs.

I remember people saying that about Tim Thomas too. Wow to many Ts. But I was not knocking Rask at any time. I do have to wonder who they will bring up from Providence to replace Khuobodin

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rask around we can give Subban as much time as he needs, assuming Rask stays healthy.

:hope:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rask around we can give Subban as much time as he needs, assuming Rask stays healthy.

:hope:

True and I do not think Subban is the next man up either. What they are saying is his upside is monstrous, but he is still quite raw I suspect it could be as many as three years.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to disagree about the importance of re-signing Rask.

That, to me, was PRIORITY ONE this off-season. Without him we don't get past Pittsburgh,
let alone stretch the Final out as long as we did.

Bergeron, who I read just a few minutes ago has been resigned, was the second on my personal list.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree about the importance of re-signing Rask.

That, to me, was PRIORITY ONE this off-season. Without him we don't get past Pittsburgh,
let alone stretch the Final out as long as we did.

Bergeron, who I read just a few minutes ago has been resigned, was the second on my personal list.

It's ok to disagree. Bergy is signed and all is well in Bruins land.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok to disagree. Bergy is signed and all is well in Bruins land.
Tell that to some of the posters over at espn.go.com.

Probably the thing I missed least about that site is how quick some people there were to take disagreement as personal insults.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to some of the posters over at espn.go.com.

Probably the thing I missed least about that site is how quick some people there were to take disagreement as personal insults.

Nah man its all good.

Fuck here at SportsHoopla us Bruins fans are few and far between. We have to stick together. Hopefully you folks stick around for the GNTs and shit during the season. Be nice to have a few others speaking up for the Bruins.