• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rapping over a D1 scholarship

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none & done, Dept...
big sigh of relief throughout Spartan Nation...
no bad reflection on Dantonio's due diligence in recruiting - the kid's parents were (reportedly) as astounded/disappointed in the career path taken as the rest of us...
reluctant kudos to the kid for (whether planned or not) using his touted athletic talent as a publicity-springboard into hate music...
tomorrow he'll be a weak memory, next week forgotten, appropriately.

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids scholly was pulled by MSU over 3 weeks ago. MSU just had enough class not to air the dirty laundry. This kid came up with this plan to explain why he was no longer going to MSU.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole video is like a Sparty recruiting class tape.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the same. :happy:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how I can say this and not sound like I'm being racist (which I'm not trying to be), but who is surprised? Look at the influences that young black men have in this country. It didn't look to me like he was raised in the slums, either, looking at that neighborhood they were all in, but the very few (and I mean hundredths of thousandths of a percent of those who try) people who pursue rapping and actually make it and make good money essentially are putting the message out that, if you smoke weed, disrespect women and go for greed, you'll make huge amounts of money.

I didn't mean that to come off as racist, but seriously, I wish there were better influences on these kids. Rappers are the only style of "musicians" who essentially write songs solely around bragging about what they have, who they fuck and what drugs they do, and until they stop, this sort of thing isn't gonna change.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fuckin sucks. He's terrible. Gonna be hilarious in 10 years when he's flipping burgers and salting them with his tears.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fuckin sucks. He's terrible. Gonna be hilarious in 10 years when he's flipping burgers and salting them with his tears.

He will be in jail.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG dude that kid is so fuckin laaaaaaaame. I would be shocked if he isn't getting made fun of mercilessly at school. Never gonna live this one down.

Congrats kid, you're a fucking idiot.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hate this is gonna spark will give him his 15 mins.

This shit is worse than Rebecca Black.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how I can say this and not sound like I'm being racist (which I'm not trying to be), but who is surprised? Look at the influences that young black men have in this country. It didn't look to me like he was raised in the slums, either, looking at that neighborhood they were all in, but the very few (and I mean hundredths of thousandths of a percent of those who try) people who pursue rapping and actually make it and make good money essentially are putting the message out that, if you smoke weed, disrespect women and go for greed, you'll make huge amounts of money.

I didn't mean that to come off as racist, but seriously, I wish there were better influences on these kids. Rappers are the only style of "musicians" who essentially write songs solely around bragging about what they have, who they fuck and what drugs they do, and until they stop, this sort of thing isn't gonna change.

Willie Nelson, toby Keith, Marilyn Manson, etc.....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to see people pigeon hole Hip Hop like that?

Narrow minded people make me sick.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Nelson, toby Keith, Marilyn Manson, etc.....

Are you seriously comparing the content of their songs to the content of this kid's rap song? They all sometimes will do a song like that, but largely their music isn't like that at all. Come on man...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to see people pigeon hole Hip Hop like that?

Narrow minded people make me sick.

When the majority of popular rap songs aren't about the exact same thing I said they are (and you can add in killing someone else), then you won't see it.

You're ridiculous, dude. Narrow-minded? I'm in my late fucking 20s. I've listened to more than my share of rap. Before you get on your soapbox about how there are talented rappers who don't rap about that stuff, bear in mind what is popular and what teenagers are listening to for the most part.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the majority of popular rap songs aren't about the exact same thing I said they are (and you can add in killing someone else), then you won't see it.

You're ridiculous, dude. Narrow-minded? I'm in my late fucking 20s. I've listened to more than my share of rap. Before you get on your soapbox about how there are talented rappers who don't rap about that stuff, bear in mind what is popular and what teenagers are listening to for the most part.

Don't speak in absolutes and I won't call you narrow minded buddy.

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we can all agree on one thing. His rapping sucks? :agree:

The only wrapping in his future is at Macy's during the holiday's. :suds:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't speak in absolutes and I won't call you narrow minded buddy.

I'm not sure if you know what it means to speak in absolutes if you think that's what I did.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont most NBA players want to be rappers or entertainers? Thats why i stopped watching the glamorous NBA. watching postgame interviews? What these players wear? Has anyone seen dwayne wade? How much attention does he need. I remember liking wade a long time ago. Thats what the NBA does to you. I guess this kid said skip college, NFL, and anything else......hes going straight to the top..........of the cook line at burger kang.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A majority of rap songs become popular becuase white suburban kids think its cool so they start buying the records.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A majority of rap songs become popular becuase white suburban kids think its cool so they start buying the records.

Not talking about what white kids are listening to, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.