• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raoinic admits to cheating

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted he touched the net during a point but said that has no problem with not calling it on himself and that as long as the chair did not see it then he is good with it.

Sorry, but these kind of people really disgust me. Why is cheating so accepted? Real life is not the WWE. The ATP should fine and suspend this ass-clown.

Winning by cheating is not actually winning. I dont understand the logic of people who do this. Are they that good at bullshiting themselves that they believe they really won?

Win at all costs used to mean by sacrificing yourself and your body or well being to win. Today it means cheat if you have to. Take drugs instead of work hard. Winning is all that matters regardless if you use an unfair advantage. When did athletes become such pussies?

The sports world has gotten pretty pathetic.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't cheat. How would Raonic know if the ball hit the wall before he touched? It forces Raonic to focus on two things at once, which is impossible.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He admitted he touched the net during a point but said that has no problem with not calling it on himself and that as long as the chair did not see it then he is good with it.

Sorry, but these kind of people really disgust me. Why is cheating so accepted? Real life is not the WWE. The ATP should fine and suspend this ass-clown.

Winning by cheating is not actually winning. I dont understand the logic of people who do this. Are they that good at bullshiting themselves that they believe they really won?

Win at all costs used to mean by sacrificing yourself and your body or well being to win. Today it means cheat if you have to. Take drugs instead of work hard. Winning is all that matters regardless if you use an unfair advantage. When did athletes become such pussies?

The sports world has gotten pretty pathetic.

I agree.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't cheat. How would Raonic know if the ball hit the wall before he touched? It forces Raonic to focus on two things at once, which is impossible.

What? Are you serious? Did you watch the match?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Raonic admitted it.

Time to move along.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Are you serious? Did you watch the match?

Pay no attention to idiots.

Anybody who watched the match or plays tennis knows that Raonic knew exactly what happened.

Raonic is admitting it now, so good for him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ref doesn't call it it didn't happen.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ref doesn't call it it didn't happen.

That may apply to other team sports, but that's the type of statement somebody who knows nothing about tennis makes.

A lot of college scholarship players call their own lines because their AD's won't pay for more than a roving umpire. The players who make blatant wrong calls are known as cheaters very quickly.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may apply to other team sports, but that's the type of statement somebody who knows nothing about tennis makes.

A lot of college scholarship players call their own lines because their AD's won't pay for more than a roving umpire. The players who make blatant wrong calls are known as cheaters very quickly.

Considering that there were officials that's irrelevant.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that there were officials that's irrelevant.

Another example that shows you know nothing about tennis.

Continue.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The irony of your example is that college players were having so many problems calling lets that they had to change the rules and say that let serves were good.

Again, your dream world where players know exactly what is going on doesn't exist. And even if they did know what was happening for a particular point, we don't want to put that type of pressure on professional players. We really want them to be able to focus on the match.

PS: I play tennis plenty. I'm not Roger Federer or anything, but I am a solid 4.0ish player who could probably 99.75% of the general population. I played 3 times per week for most of my childhood, and play 2-3 times per week in the summer now.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want them to have to make their own line calls, but I don't think it is too much pressure to be honest with touching the net and "not-ups".

Then again, they cant even control their own grunting so....