• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rant about the NHL

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the NHL, and my Dad and I were one of the few people who actually had Season Tickets to the Thrashers. Now, here I am, without an NHL team, and since I have started to watch the Blackhawks as I have friends in Chicago and love Toews and Kane.

I just wish there was a local team for Atlanta. I can't support Nashville as they are in Tennessee and I hate everything to do with that state. Can't do the Lightning as I've been there to watch the Hawks play them, including the Cup Finals, and just don't like them.

Thought about Florida Panthers and Columbus. The first because I do business in Miami, but pro sports in Florida are trash. Columbus because my wife's family are from Columbus, OH, so at least I could go to a game every once in awhile.

Same predicament every year when the season starts. I love this damn sport, but it's a damn shame we don't have a franchise.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get NHL Center Ice and be a free agent for a while. Watch a lot of teams and pick one that fits your style then.

Or just go with Columbus. We rock. Until our stars leave during free agency.

And you have an ECHL team in Duluth, GA. Go watch those games and support them. I know it's not the same, but live hockey rules.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get NHL Center Ice and be a free agent for a while. Watch a lot of teams and pick one that fits your style then.

Or just go with Columbus. We rock. Until our stars leave during free agency.

And you have an ECHL team in Duluth, GA. Go watch those games and support them. I know it's not the same, but live hockey rules.

I've been to a few Gwinnett Gladiators games, and it's fun because it's hockey, but it's badddd hockey. No kidding when I'm saying that last game I went to, Glads had 2 breakaways that were ruined because of player with the puck 'tripped' on air.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to a few Gwinnett Gladiators games, and it's fun because it's hockey, but it's badddd hockey. No kidding when I'm saying that last game I went to, Glads had 2 breakaways that were ruined because of player with the puck 'tripped' on air.

I grew up near Baltimore Md and only had AHL hockey to watch. I feel your pain. But live hockey is live hockey. I've been to a few Cincy Cyclones games when we've been down there. ECHL games are usually good for a laugh.

If you go in knowing it's gonna be bad, it's actually better than going to watch when you want good hockey and the team lays an egg. Some of my son's friends play Club hockey in college (he's still in high school and former teammates have moved on) and we go to those games and love it. It's not good hockey.

Good luck picking a team. I would suggest anyone but the Penguins.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw a game there a few years back when Phil Kessel's brother was on the team.
And by the way they have the WORST radio play by play announcer ever.

Also the last remaining relic of the Thrashers in the Atlanta area, if you go up Satellite BLVD near the Infinite Energy arena you will see this:

https://goo.gl/maps/d8DACCppwUR2

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up near Baltimore Md and only had AHL hockey to watch. I feel your pain. But live hockey is live hockey. I've been to a few Cincy Cyclones games when we've been down there. ECHL games are usually good for a laugh.

If you go in knowing it's gonna be bad, it's actually better than going to watch when you want good hockey and the team lays an egg. Some of my son's friends play Club hockey in college (he's still in high school and former teammates have moved on) and we go to those games and love it. It's not good hockey.

Good luck picking a team. I would suggest anyone but the Penguins.

There are a few teams I would never pick. No team of Pen, NY, or Boston. Also won't do a team that is a rival of Atlanta's in another sport, which eliminates the Capitals, Tampa Bay, Preds, and Canes.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few teams I would never pick. No team of Pen, NY, or Boston. Also won't do a team that is a rival of Atlanta's in another sport, which eliminates the Capitals, Tampa Bay, Preds, and Canes.
Don't pick Dallas. :suds:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pick Dallas. :suds:

No. I would pick a team in the EST. As lame as it sounds, I'm too old to be staying up so late.

I need to join an fantasy hockey league.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I would pick a team in the EST. As lame as it sounds, I'm too old to be staying up so late.

LOL....know how you feel. Yeah it is a joke around here about Dallas. You will get soon enough.

Also we had two leagues last year if they come around join in. There is a sticky thread on this forum about it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like we are narrowed down to Columbus and Toronto.

The choice is obvious. :thumb:

Reactions: gob

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're used to ECHL level hockey then the Red Wings would be a slight step up from that.

Reactions: gob

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....know how you feel. Yeah it is a joke around here about Dallas. You will get soon enough.

Also we had two leagues last year if they come around join in. There is a sticky thread on this forum about it.

Yeah - Tag me if you need extra players. I need to get back into it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't move to Portland. They ain't getting a team.