• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking college football's 10 toughest environments in 2019

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. WASHINGTON (HUSKY STADIUM)

Current home win streak: 14

2019 expectations: The Huskies have won 20 of their last 21 games at Husky Stadium, including 14 straight dating back to a loss to nationally-ranked USC in 2016. The way the stadium is built, Washington's home digs trap sound inside the open air venue creating a deafening environment for opposing teams. It helps that Chris Petersen has fielded one of the nation's best defensive units in recent years in addition to four-year starters at quarterback and tailback. Despite heavy graduation losses from this year's Pac-12 champions, 2019 provides an opportunity to extend the streak to 20 if the Huskies can topple Utah, Oregon and Washington State, among others.

huskystadium1.jpg

huskystadium11.jpg

huskystadium7.jpg

husky1.jpg

Washington-Huskies.jpeg

huskystadium6.jpg

husky21.jpg

huskystadium9.jpg

cp12.jpg

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio Stadium is a home field advantage against only ONE team, Michigan. It gets very loud and hostile. I’ve been going to most every home game going on 15 years and it’s getting worse and worse with crowd noise. It’s been an absolute joke when it comes to an actual advantage.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio Stadium is a home field advantage against only ONE team, Michigan. It gets very loud and hostile. I’ve been going to most every home game going on 15 years and it’s getting worse and worse with crowd noise. It’s been an absolute joke when it comes to an actual advantage.

Ditto for BDS.

While many argue our fans are “quiet”, it’s really more about acoustics. BDS is a beautiful stadium, but has the worst possible layout to trap noise.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto for BDS.

While many argue our fans are “quiet”, it’s really more about acoustics. BDS is a beautiful stadium, but has the worst possible layout to trap noise.

Sadly it’s not acoustics for us, because The Shoe does retain noise. It’s more of a growing blue hair crowd, more t-shirt fans showing up, and dwindling student ticket holders as OSU student culture keeps changing with international students. It’s becoming a place I don’t recognize.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. It was really loud against PSU last year in that epic game, especially in the 4th quarter. We didn't really have any good home matchups this year outside of michigan, and as you mentioned, it was very loud. For the past 3 years, we've only really had 4 big home matchups, and outside of the 2nd half vs Oklahoma when we looked like crap and lost the game, it was loud.

Crowd noise isn't the only thing that makes it intimidating. That fact that we can pack 110k+ fans alone is daunting. I think PSU and Wisconsin should be night games this year, and I could see both being pretty raucous crowds just based on the opponent.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this list is predicting which will be the toughest in 19? or is it listing which were the toughest in 18

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List is a fail.

Errryone knows Kyle Field is the most difficult. They do that cult swaying/chanting stuff and have yell practice the night before. That is real, real intimidating and no way college players can handle such.