• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm and people were telling me that I was proposing dumb trades when I said we should trade joe Nathan for a big bat since we have a deep bullpen

Will the Tigers give us Fielder or Cabrera? This is sarcasm

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darryl I'm not sure what is going on. Buying , selling. trading etc. Seems to me there is too much to do to stay in contention. Just getting the offense on track looms heavy enough. More likely to resolve more problems in the off season than to throw everything up in the air and compound problems.:noidea:
Remember this all started last offseason and JD didn't really address our losses. Trying to baby a broken down player out of retirement and with two bum knees through a season. Now we're scrambling to find offense. Yeah we may have to regroup this offseason.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have a very solid closer in Kenley Jansen and Nathan's not going somewhere to be a setup guy. Plus Rangers need a power RH hitter. Ethier is a lefty. And a big NO to Carl Crawford. If its Kemp let's talk!

And selling is the right thing at this point. This team is dead. Let's look to the future and restock the cupboard.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have a very solid closer in Kenley Jansen and Nathan's not going somewhere to be a setup guy. Plus Rangers need a power RH hitter. Ethier is a lefty. And a big NO to Carl Crawford. If its Kemp let's talk!

And selling is the right thing at this point. This team is dead. Let's look to the future and restock the cupboard.

I don't think we need a "right handed bat" just need someone with a pulse

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this all started last offseason and JD didn't really address our losses. Trying to baby a broken down player out of retirement and with two bum knees through a season. Now we're scrambling to find offense. Yeah we may have to regroup this offseason.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it is, although he had to pass the physical I think Berkman was well aware he was no longer capable of playing out a 10 million dollar contract for even a year. He took the money knowing full well he wouldn't play out the season

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too keen on Joe Nathan these days. He gives up too many hard-hit long ball outs and makes too many save opportunities too exciting for my taste. So if they end up trading him than I am probably okay with that. HOWEVER...given the suck-ass manner in which the Rangers are playing right now, I'm not sure that anybody they bring in...big bat or not... is going to help. The Rangers' struggles are not talent-related; it's a problem of motivation, focus and poor coaching (yes, you can officially lump me in with all the other RW haters...lol).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Romeo lol ^.^

I'll be honest, I'll probably still watch a couple of innings of tomorrow's game. But I'm not sure I"ll sit through all 9.

Sexy,

If anybody bleeds red and blue in here its me.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his hot start I stifled my hatred of Lance Berkman. After that though I am so pissed that he just didn't go ahead and retire. He knew full well that he wasn't going to make it through a full season. Then he had to go and run his mouth during that Cards series, and alienate the fan base even more....He's the ultimate douchebag.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexy,

If anybody bleeds red and blue in here its me.
Yes, I know ^.^
What I'm saying is that not all of us will sit through all nine innings when we play like crap. I know you don't and I probably will not either.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers would be best served to trade Kinsler or Profar for a stud OF. If they don't, one of them will have to switch positions full time next spring, and Kinsler or Profar as a 1st baseman or OF don't have near the value as a 2nd baseman, offensively . I'd keep Profar, younger, cheaper, and can also play short. With Odor and Salinas on the way, it's not like we'll be hurting in the middle infield

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know ^.^
What I'm saying is that not all of us will sit through all nine innings when we play like crap. I know you don't and I probably will not either.

It's just not worth putting a bad mood on my entire day.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers would be best served to trade Kinsler or Profar for a stud OF. If they don't, one of them will have to switch positions full time next spring, and Kinsler or Profar as a 1st baseman or OF don't have near the value as a 2nd baseman, offensively . I'd keep Profar, younger, cheaper, and can also play short. With Odor and Salinas on the way, it's not like we'll be hurting in the middle infield

A) you really shouldn't trade one if the top second baseman in baseball. Ian is still a stud.

B) I'm not opposed to trading Profar depending on the return. Problem is things are pretty thin right now. We may be better served holding on to him until the winter.

C) its Sardinas, not Salinas

All that said, I can see your side on keeping Profar. The kid has so much talent. I just don't believe Ian deserves to be moved off his base for him.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his hot start I stifled my hatred of Lance Berkman. After that though I am so pissed that he just didn't go ahead and retire. He knew full well that he wasn't going to make it through a full season. Then he had to go and run his mouth during that Cards series, and alienate the fan base even more....He's the ultimate douchebag.

What did he say during the Cards series? I don't really remmeber.