• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't particularly want him gone. I want to see accountability and that comes from two levels. The players have to contribute as well. Not much credit is due past the pitchers.
If Wash is not accountable then who is. Managers always have been. Like military generals, they get it done or the next one in line does. Has to be that way.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!?????
no way, for what?

or you mean hence the word "have", not any longer

The Rangers have considered trading closer Joe Nathan, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports. The move would be aimed at taking advantage of the Rangers' deep bullpen and this year's thin relief pitching market.
With his 1.73 ERA in 41 2/3 innings this year, Nathan would immediately become the top closer on the market, Rosenthal says, placing him ahead of the Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon, who may not even be traded.
Former Royals closer Joakim Soria could step into the role for Texas, according to Rosenthal's sources, and Neftali Feliz, a former closer in his own right, is also expected to return from Tommy John surgery in about a month's time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sarcasm, I believe he should be the first one accountable but the Wash apologists don't think so. Very frustrated all around however. I will never blame Wash for all of the issues though. You were correct in the statement that there has to be some level of leadership at the players level and and the players have to hold themselves accountable and do whatever it takes to right the ship. I have never seen a team where almost every player has struggled some much at the same time
Wash is not 100% to blame but the man at the top has to go when things go bad, We all should know that. Just a matter of fact.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!?????
no way, for what?

or you mean hence the word "have", not any longer

I would assume for a bat. It's not that far fetched if you think about it. We've got Soria who could fill in as a closer, Feliz is starting rehab soon and, if back to form, could close again. Harrison will rehab soon, could move Ogando back to a late inning guy as well. Our bullpen is hands down our strongest area right now, and the closer market is weak with only Papelbon as the only option, so we could possibly entice a contender to overpay with a solid bat.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't particularly want him gone. I want to see accountability and that comes from two levels. The players have to contribute as well. Not much credit is due past the pitchers.

Darvish and Holland should be able to line the position players up in a row and kick them squarely in the jewels for the way they have let them down recently. Just unbelievable really, they have pitched their tails off

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have considered trading closer Joe Nathan, Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports. The move would be aimed at taking advantage of the Rangers' deep bullpen and this year's thin relief pitching market.
With his 1.73 ERA in 41 2/3 innings this year, Nathan would immediately become the top closer on the market, Rosenthal says, placing him ahead of the Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon, who may not even be traded.
Former Royals closer Joakim Soria could step into the role for Texas, according to Rosenthal's sources, and Neftali Feliz, a former closer in his own right, is also expected to return from Tommy John surgery in about a month's time.

What would we be trading him for, if JD isn't going to get a bat...then you might as well hang on to the pitching, unless your talking prospects and now we are sellers?

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we be trading him for, if JD isn't going to get a bat...then you might as well hang on to the pitching, unless your talking prospects and now we are sellers?

JD has never outright said he wasn't going to make a trade for a bat. He said the market is weak, and that the players we have need to step up and correct their own issues, because there really isn't a big impact player right now.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wash is not accountable then who is. Managers always have been. Like military generals, they get it done or the next one in line does. Has to be that way.

Wash should go before JD no question there, but GM's are certainly accountable too

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish and Holland should be able to line the position players up in a row and kick them squarely in the jewels for the way they have let them down recently. Just unbelievable really, they have pitched their tails off
It is a crying shame. If the pitchers lose accountability then it's really over. That is the last hope and they will not last much longer with the support they're receiving.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well only teams in contention would make a trade for him and those teams would not be willing to give up ML level talent while they are in contention, so if this is the case we are selling

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well only teams in contention would make a trade for him and those teams would not be willing to give up ML level talent while they are in contention, so if this is the case we are selling

WOW, sellers!!

F this whole season, ALL the way around
I hope the Angels do catch us now, who cares anymore

he's selling 5 games out, then he's just as guilty as far as "giving up"....what kind of signal does that send? What a hypocrite.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. Adam Morris from lonestarball suggested a Nathan/Carl Crawford swap with the Dodgers. I'm sure there are other teams with extra resources that they could part with.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash should go before JD no question there, but GM's are certainly accountable too

I agree whole heartedly about JD being accountable as well and I believe that is part of the reason he felt he had to get the Garza deal done so the perception is he's doing his part

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree whole heartedly about JD being accountable as well and I believe that is part of the reason he felt he had to get the Garza deal done so the perception is he's doing his part
Berkman is on JD. He owes us a DH.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Adam Morris from lonestarball suggested a Nathan/Carl Crawford swap with the Dodgers. I'm sure there are other teams with extra resources that they could part with.

If I was the Dodgers hell yeah I would get rid of Crawford with that contract and the fact that dude can't stay on the field. That would be a great deal for the Dodgers, no way I'd do that if I was JD