• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say the 'H' word, but this team may have been spoiled with Hamilton in the line up. They all hit better. He did most of the heavy work. He made the line-up better. He went south the team went south. But his shear presence made the team better. Pitchers feared and had to respect him even if he wasn't hitting. But he gave up on this team. And with the Angels the pitchers all figured him out.

But I don't think JD appreciated his importance and didn't really replace it. Our shortcomings are exposed. Beltre cannot carry the team on his own for long. Cruz is streaky. Just my opinion. And Lainey, the above conversation was too deep for me actually. ;)

Good observations Darryl. Yeah pitchers had to pitch carefully to Ian and EA meaning they had to keep them off base and not pitch to JH with runners on. I tend to agree with Sullivan. He said perhaps the Rangers should have tried a better offer for Prince Fielder prior to the 2012 season. It would have been a hedge against losing JH.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO, but no matter how discouraged you feel, you still watch. Its your team & you support em win or lose. Been so pissed Ive turned games off, but always come back the next day

Ive wondered how the players do it - manage to stay upbeat & keep grinding no matter how grim it gets. Got to be real resilient I guess...

Beat the Tigers please, no interest in watching them in a WS again. Even though it was great watching the sweep

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Bat discipline is the first rule I teach my youth team after "pay attention to the ball." Have a scar from when I was a kid from a fellow player horse playing with a bat. Only player with a bat in the dugout is the man in the hole.

I hate to say the 'H' word, but this team may have been spoiled with Hamilton in the line up. They all hit better. He did most of the heavy work. He made the line-up better. He went south the team went south. But his shear presence made the team better. Pitchers feared and had to respect him even if he wasn't hitting. But he gave up on this team. And with the Angels the pitchers all figured him out.

But I don't think JD appreciated his importance and didn't really replace it. Our shortcomings are exposed. Beltre cannot carry the team on his own for long. Cruz is streaky. Just my opinion. And Lainey, the above conversation was too deep for me actually. ;)

I have to disagree with you regarding the Rangers losing Hamilton's bat in the lineup. He obviously had a positive effect, but I also think he was a cancer whose lack of effort at times spread to certain other players. Look back at the Rangers' two WS teams; their hitting was pretty brutal against opposing pitching...especially starting pitchers who were tired and against weaker bullpens. It took 6-7 innings, but those teams almost always eventually "broke through" and scored a lot runs late in the game. There always seemed to be a "can do" swagger in those days. That attitude is definitely missing now and has been replaced by a lack of focus and effort, especially with runners in scoring position.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think how many of these guys played In two ws. They're still capable of playing just as well now. Now you ask why they are not. Some where there has to be accountability and there is none. If there were it would be showing up by now. There are two levels of leadership. One at the players level and one at the managers level and it is not evident that there is any at either level.

Whoa DT you can't blame Wash, he can't be accountable. He led the Rangers to 2 WS, he gets a free pass for life here.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the two world series teams were very loose and they had fun. Now they lost that

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the words. Good luck with your team. Hope they catch the Tigers and actually win the division. Bring your broom tomorrow.

Been saying for mos its gonna be Bosox & Rangers in the ALCS. Every teams got its issues - us probly more than any other team thats in contention. Inconsistent O, way too many errors from the D & a BP that usually cant pitch its way out of a paper bag

Dont lose faith is all I can say - & thats coming from somebody whos team hasnt done squat since 07...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa DT you can't blame Wash, he can't be accountable. He led the Rangers to 2 WS, he gets a free pass for life here.
You are kidding?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you regarding the Rangers losing Hamilton's bat in the lineup. He obviously had a positive effect, but I also think he was a cancer whose lack of effort at times spread to certain other players. Look back at the Rangers' two WS teams; their hitting was pretty brutal against opposing pitching...especially starting pitchers who were tired and against weaker bullpens. It took 6-7 innings, but those teams almost always eventually "broke through" and scored a lot runs late in the game. There always seemed to be a "can do" swagger in those days. That attitude is definitely missing now and has been replaced by a lack of focus and effort, especially with runners in scoring position.
I understand. I was referring to the outside looking in of it. He had to be a challenge to every pitcher pitching against us. Just the 'fear' of him in the lineup. Unfortunately the cancer came later and from within. There is no 'fear' in this lineup.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding?

of course he's kidding, everyone wants Wash gone sans probably Randy and I.
I certainly don't think Wash is the best manager out there, but laying everything at his feet when things are wrong, and giving him no credit when things go right...is a little mind-boggling

Although I think Murph does give give Wash some credit once in awhile.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. I was referring to the outside looking in of it. He had to be a challenge to every pitcher pitching against us. Just the 'fear' of him in the lineup. Unfortunately the cancer came later and from within. There is no 'fear' in this lineup.
and trying to replace him and Napoli with AJ and Berkman, well . . .

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he's kidding, everyone wants Wash gone sans probably Randy and I.
I certainly don't think Wash is the best manager out there, but laying everything at his feet when things are wrong, and giving him no credit when things go right...is a little mind-boggling

Although I think Murph does give give Wash some credit once in awhile.
I don't particularly want him gone. I want to see accountability and that comes from two levels. The players have to contribute as well. Not much credit is due past the pitchers.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't a "cancer" until he quit hitting, and that threw EVERYONE. No fan ever talked so much trashed about Hamilton until the big slump.
He was ALWAYS a feared presence in that line-up, are you kidding? Come on now. He sucks now, he didn't then....he's a generational talent (not player, he's incapable of changing his approach) we were lucky we got the best of him...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat the Tigers please, no interest in watching them in a WS again. Even though it was great watching the sweep

We're trying like hell. If we cant do it though maybe KC can - theyre on a major roll & unlike us, actually have pitching. If we dont pick up a big arm by the 31st I cant see us contending. Theres really not much out there to pick up, & we dont have much of value to bargain with since our top prospects & position players arent on the table

& yeh - I think the entire baseball world was loving the Giants sweep last yr :nod:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding?

Yes sarcasm, I believe he should be the first one accountable but the Wash apologists don't think so. Very frustrated all around however. I will never blame Wash for all of the issues though. You were correct in the statement that there has to be some level of leadership at the players level and and the players have to hold themselves accountable and do whatever it takes to right the ship. I have never seen a team where almost every player has struggled some much at the same time

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per MLB trade rumors the Rangers have considered trading Nathan. That's actually a really good idea. Except what contending team wants to trade a bat away?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're trying like hell. If we cant do it though maybe KC can - theyre on a major roll & unlike us, actually have pitching. If we dont pick up a big arm by the 31st I cant see us contending. Theres really not much out there to pick up, & we dont have much of value to bargain with since our top prospects & position players arent on the table

& yeh - I think the entire baseball world was loving the Giants sweep last yr :nod:

well you're certainly in a better spot than we are, so good luck.