• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Wash. He's the manager.

Bullshit. He's not in the line up because he sucks just like everybody on this board bitches about on a nightly basis. A measly 4 AB's from days past doesn't mean any more than last years batting avg.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe that JD was telling the truth. He wanted to see that his team would respond to his comment about them having to do it on their own (in other words). They haven't responded, and I don't know that he's going to give up any more prospects. This team has the talent and the bats to score enough runs every night to get wins with this pitching staff. All we have to turn around is our hitting with RISP. If/when that turns around this team will contend. If they keep stranding runners, it's over.
It's not just stranding runners. Their entire approach from the first pitch to the last pitch of the game is garbage, and it shows, no matter how good the pitcher on the mound is.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Masterson had struggled against the Rangers before Saturday, going 0-4 with a 7.54 ERA in eight career appearances."

As usual the offense was just lost. Not worth watching anymore, even on days that we win, it's only due to superb pitching.

To be fair, Masterson pitched extremely well. Mixed things up, located well, everything had tons of movement and he kept the ball down. I really only saw one mistake all night from him, and that was a hanging breaking ball that AJ fouled back. Some times, you really have to give credit where it's due.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe that JD was telling the truth. He wanted to see that his team would respond to his comment about them having to do it on their own (in other words). They haven't responded, and I don't know that he's going to give up any more prospects. This team has the talent and the bats to score enough runs every night to get wins with this pitching staff. All we have to turn around is our hitting with RISP. If/when that turns around this team will contend. If they keep stranding runners, it's over.

Been waiting for them to figure it out since the second half of last season

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temper tantrums are not good in any sport. Just don't want the players on this team start getting a defeatist attitude. I would need a punching bag inside somewhere for this kind of bad luck or poor play to release frustration. Sometimes it's a fine line between frustration and acceptance. Too deep?

No, not too deep. Unfortunately we may be looking at a defeated attitude right now, but it's more a loss of confidence, than not trying, and we aren't getting ANY key balls to fall, but that's probably just standing out because we are losing so much.

I'll say it again, because I believe it. They are hitting, but they have lost their confidence with runners on. With this offense always, there was likely to be less runs, but I think in the past seasons, they knew someone would come through, so they didn't all press. I think this team does not have confidence that someone will come through, and they're rattled....and that can be the death of a team, it's not always talent.
Although I think we are a little short in the talent dept, always have.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think how many of these guys played In two ws. They're still capable of playing just as well now. Now you ask why they are not. Some where there has to be accountability and there is none. If there were it would be showing up by now. There are two levels of leadership. One at the players level and one at the managers level and it is not evident that there is any at either level.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not too deep. Unfortunately we may be looking at a defeated attitude right now, but it's more a loss of confidence, than not trying, and we aren't getting ANY key balls to fall, but that's probably just standing out because we are losing so much.

I'll say it again, because I believe it. They are hitting, but they have lost their confidence with runners on. With this offense always, there was likely to be less runs, but I think in the past seasons, they knew someone would come through, so they didn't all press. I think this team does not have confidence that someone will come through, and they're rattled....and that can be the death of a team, it's not always talent.

This why I hate these big league contracts. they call the mlb a business but it does not operate like one. If a player underperforms then they should be docked pay. Now that is an incentive.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Masterson pitched extremely well. Mixed things up, located well, everything had tons of movement and he kept the ball down. I really only saw one mistake all night from him, and that was a hanging breaking ball that AJ fouled back. Some times, you really have to give credit where it's due.
It's not this one game in particular I'm talking about. We've been nearly shut out by pitchers with an ERA of 4-5. Again, this entire team's approach is garbage. It almost doesn't even matter who's pitching, our hitters get themselves out.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual the offense was just lost. Not worth watching anymore, even on days that we win, it's only due to superb pitching.

JMO, but no matter how discouraged you feel, you still watch. Its your team & you support em win or lose. Been so pissed Ive turned games off, but always come back the next day

Ive wondered how the players do it - manage to stay upbeat & keep grinding no matter how grim it gets. Got to be real resilient I guess...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. He's not in the line up because he sucks just like everybody on this board bitches about on a nightly basis. A measly 4 AB's from days past doesn't mean any more than last years batting avg.[/QUOTE Being sarcastic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash should try this lineup tomorrow
1. Leonys Martin CF
2. Elvis Andrus SS
3. Ian Kinsler 2B
4. Adrian Beltre 3B
5. Nelson Cruz RF
6. A.J. Pierzynski C
7. Mitch Moreland 1B
8. Jurickson Profar DH
9. Engel Beltre LF

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This why I hate these big league contracts. they call the mlb a business but it does not operate like one. If a player underperforms then they should be docked pay. Now that is an incentive.

Ha, great incentive for the owners. I don't know if it will make someone hit better...:noidea:
That get's into they area of a salary cap I guess...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say the 'H' word, but this team may have been spoiled with Hamilton in the line up. They all hit better. He did most of the heavy work. He made the line-up better. He went south the team went south. But his shear presence made the team better. Pitchers feared and had to respect him even if he wasn't hitting. But he gave up on this team. And with the Angels the pitchers all figured him out.

But I don't think JD appreciated his importance and didn't really replace it. Our shortcomings are exposed. Beltre cannot carry the team on his own for long. Cruz is streaky. Just my opinion. And Lainey, the above conversation was too deep for me actually. ;)

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just stranding runners. Their entire approach from the first pitch to the last pitch of the game is garbage, and it shows, no matter how good the pitcher on the mound is.

I didn't say that stranding runners was the only problem, but if we start hitting better than .180 or whatever it's been for awhile then we will start winning. I agree about the approach. They watch too many good pitches go by. When you're slumping, you sometimes have to hit the first good one you see. They're putting themselves in holes, an don't have the timing to pull themselves out.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO, but no matter how discouraged you feel, you still watch. Its your team & you support em win or lose. Been so pissed Ive turned games off, but always come back the next day

Ive wondered how the players do it - manage to stay upbeat & keep grinding no matter how grim it gets. Got to be real resilient I guess...

LOL how do the player$ keep motivated? I can give million$ of rea$ons :laugh3::laugh3:

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell that to Romeo lol ^.^

I'll be honest, I'll probably still watch a couple of innings of tomorrow's game. But I'm not sure I"ll sit through all 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit given but he was not to good enough to prevent us from scoring one run. We were just plain terrible.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate the words. Good luck with your team. Hope they catch the Tigers and actually win the division. Bring your broom tomorrow.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say the 'H' word, but this team may have been spoiled with Hamilton in the line up. They all hit better. He did most of the heavy work. He made the line-up better. He went south the team went south. But his shear presence made the team better. Pitchers feared and had to respect him even if he wasn't hitting. But he gave up on this team. And with the Angels the pitchers all figured him out.

But I don't think JD appreciated his importance and didn't really replace it. Our shortcomings are exposed. Beltre cannot carry the team on his own for long. Cruz is streaky. Just my opinion. And Lainey, the above conversation was too deep for me actually. ;)

"H" not a crime. Hamilton was fantastic for this team until he started his slump last year. Yes, that type of presence is gone....it could be replaced, the Cards did it, JD did not.
Sorry, I know how uncool it is to say JD has made some mistakes this last year, but JD HAS made some mistakes this last year.
he'll learn from it.

it is a little deep, Terps probably summed it up the best, if you caught that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching the game until a couple hours after . Hopefully they can finally score some runs -.-