• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you think about it, the more you realize just how bad this offense really is. If the Rangers really want to turn it around, they've got to do it quickly or we're seriously done for this season.

"Masterson had struggled against the Rangers before Saturday, going 0-4 with a 7.54 ERA in eight career appearances"
"The Rangers have lost 11 of 14 and are 2-7 since the All-Star break."

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a freaking bush league act, you don't swing a bat in the dugout like that.

I get your joke, but I can't believe he did that.
Pedroia was just next to him and had to cover himself. Yeah, this could have gone very wrong and is foolish. Wish we would show just some emotion some times.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we know how Seattle feels every year. Rangers have mailed it in his year. Only way they can win is if they play mistake free, fielding , pitching ,baserunning and batting. Instead of making things Happen they are waiting for something to go Wrong.
You know what is Sad is they Still get paid millions win, lose or indifferent, Garranted contracts Stink

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we know how Seattle feels every year. Rangers have mailed it in his year. Only way they can win is if they play mistake free, fielding , pitching ,baserunning and batting. Instead of making things Happen they are waiting for something to go Wrong.
You know what is Sad is they Still get paid millions win, lose or indifferent, Garranted contracts Stink

The pressure of thinking you have to play error free baseball could already be a factor now. Last year when the A's were behind they looked relaxed.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia was just next to him and had to cover himself. Yeah, this could have gone very wrong and is foolish. Wish we would show just some emotion some times.

I saw Pedroia and was instantly pissed off...probably because someone did that when I was 11 and broke my jaw, totally not kidding.... lifted me right off my feet and threw me aways (a boy, baseball)

But still...there's never a reason for that in this League
just sayin

I think the show of anger is for fans, they throw the occasional helmet, but they have to regroup pretty fast in this game. ya know? Temper tantrums don't always work so great in baseball, not while your playing at least
my opinion

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading quite a bit about it, if the MLB has a lot of evidence on him, the union will only try and negotiate his suspension down, no appeal.
So it all depends on the evidence.

As I understand it, Ryan Braun didn't fight his 65 game suspension. This apparently led a lot of knowledgeable people to speculate that MLB has very strong evidence in this instance. I can't remember where I read it (or what exactly I read), but I *thought* I had seen somewhere that the Players Union isn't going to fight these drug suspensions very hard. Could be totally wrong on the last point though. Either way, the impression I'm getting is that MLB has some very strong evidence. I was surprised that Ryan Braun was suspended this year; what I did hear on ESPN radio was speculation that no one would likely be suspended until next year due to expected appeals that would drag out the process. In regards to Nellie Cruz, I don't him getting suspended will really hurt the Rangers that much. If he's suspended this year they probably won't even try to resign him anyway. If not, I'm guessing that they'll just continue to wait and see how things play out.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game but shit piss fuck bastard bitch pussy asshole fuck again. we suck.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, Ryan Braun didn't fight his 65 game suspension. This apparently led a lot of knowledgeable people to speculate that MLB has very strong evidence in this instance. I can't remember where I read it (or what exactly I read), but I *thought* I had seen somewhere that the Players Union isn't going to fight these drug suspensions very hard. Could be totally wrong on the last point though. Either way, the impression I'm getting is that MLB has some very strong evidence. I was surprised that Ryan Braun was suspended this year; what I did hear on ESPN radio was speculation that no one would likely be suspended until next year due to expected appeals that would drag out the process. In regards to Nellie Cruz, I don't him getting suspended will really hurt the Rangers that much. If he's suspended this year they probably won't even try to resign him anyway. If not, I'm guessing that they'll just continue to wait and see how things play out.

What I am reading, is the Union will not fight when there's a lot of evidence, they will only represent the player in a plea, in fact I've read it several times.
And yes, Cruz is hitting well enough it will hurt.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Pedroia and was instantly pissed off...probably because someone did that when I was 11 and broke my jaw, totally not kidding.... lifted me right off my feet and threw me aways (a boy, baseball)

just sayin

I think the show of anger is for fans, they throw the occasional helmet, but they have to regroup pretty fast in this game. ya know? Temper tantrums don't always work so great in baseball, not while your playing at least
my opinion
Temper tantrums are not good in any sport. Just don't want the players on this team start getting a defeatist attitude. I would need a punching bag inside somewhere for this kind of bad luck or poor play to release frustration. Sometimes it's a fine line between frustration and acceptance. Too deep?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just sayin

my opinion

You are correct. Bat discipline is the first rule I teach my youth team after "pay attention to the ball." Have a scar from when I was a kid from a fellow player horse playing with a bat. Only player with a bat in the dugout is the man in the hole.

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One run. The Rangers can't score at least one lousy, stinking run...AGAIN??? How many more times does this have to happen before the front office takes notice?:doh: That said, I have not doubt that JD and Nolan are definitely talking about this behind closed doors.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I am reading, is the Union will not fight when there's a lot of evidence, they will only represent the player in a plea, in fact I've read it several times. (So you're right about that, at least from what I'm reading from the Union)

And yes, Cruz is hitting well enough, it will hurt. However, we don't know the evidence against Cruz and Arod is going to take apparently another two weeks. I think now, Cruz does get suspended, but that's mostly speculation on my part, and there aren't any clear rules on how long the suspensions are. I've read that the union could plea down to a week or two in some cases
It's a bit crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Bat discipline is the first rule I teach my youth team after "pay attention to the ball." Have a scar from when I was a kid from a fellow player horse playing with a bat. Only player with a bat in the dugout is the man in the hole.

Exactly
it's pretty pitiful what he did, this is stuff you're taught when you're young, for good reason.

No respect for him at all

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game but shit piss fuck bastard bitch pussy asshole fuck again. we suck.
"Masterson had struggled against the Rangers before Saturday, going 0-4 with a 7.54 ERA in eight career appearances."

As usual the offense was just lost. Not worth watching anymore, even on days that we win, it's only due to superb pitching.

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading quite a bit about it, if the MLB has a lot of evidence on him, the union will only try and negotiate his suspension down, no appeal.
So it all depends on the evidence.

What I am reading, is the Union will not fight when there's a lot of evidence, they will only represent the player in a plea, in fact I've read it several times.
And yes, Cruz is hitting well enough it will hurt.

Let me clarify. What I meant was that I don't think Cruz getting suspended will hurt the Ranger that much NEXT year. I was trying to say, perhaps not very skillfully, was that he will likely be gone next year if he gets suspended. Can't see Texas resigning him if he's going to miss a third of the season. And yes, I agree that his bat would be missed this season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me clarify. What I meant was that I don't think Cruz getting suspended will hurt the Ranger that much NEXT year. I was trying to say, perhaps not very skillfully, was that he will likely be gone next year if he gets suspended. Can't see Texas resigning him if he's going to miss a third of the season. And yes, I agree that his bat would be missed this season.

I misunderstood...gotcha

1prboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many years ago, right out of college, I used to teach baseball (hitting, fielding, pitching) classes at one of the local rec centers. Kids at that age like to swing the bat around indiscriminately and I made a point to teach them bat discipline as well. I also learned to hold the bat by the barrel when near any kid I was teaching; all it took was one random bat swing into my rib cage to learn that little trick...lol.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe that JD was telling the truth. He wanted to see that his team would respond to his comment about them having to do it on their own (in other words). They haven't responded, and I don't know that he's going to give up any more prospects. This team has the talent and the bats to score enough runs every night to get wins with this pitching staff. All we have to turn around is our hitting with RISP. If/when that turns around this team will contend. If they keep stranding runners, it's over.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temper tantrums are not good in any sport. Just don't want the players on this team start getting a defeatist attitude. I would need a punching bag inside somewhere for this kind of bad luck or poor play to release frustration. Sometimes it's a fine line between frustration and acceptance. Too deep?

This team should try and relieve some frustration by HITTING a baseball instead of a phone