• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know I was listening to him live on the fan when he said it. I don't believe that, but if he doesn't pick up a bat, than it was a terrible idea to trade for Garza. He won't sign an extension.
Not after witnessing this this offense firsthand, Garza will be out of here after the season faster than shit thru a goose..

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the first part. As for the second part, slumping and losing is no fun. I don't for one think they're not pouring their hearts out and not trying. But whatever they do is just not going right. I think a lot of us think that because they're just not doing much good right now but I don't think they're unmotivated and uninspired.

Thank you for not buying into "they aren't trying" that has to be one of the dumbest things fans say when teams start to lose.

And a lot of DUMB fans of a lot teams, say it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not after witnessing this this offense firsthand, Garza will be out of here after the season faster than shit thru a goose..

All about the money. I think he'll get a legitimate offer to stay.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to own this team, now every team is owning us.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is part of baseball, but it has seemed like all season we have more hits right at someone than the opponents. Even our 1 hit w/ RISP (I forgot earlier) was right at the OF. My GF said they need to take BP with fake fielders out there, and learn to hit away from them. lol.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully Randy, without any offensive help..it's over.
I'll watch, I just don't expect to win any longer

Oh ya of course if the offense never figures it out it's over but baseball is a crazy and f'ed up game. The weirdest shit happens and you just never know. Just be within striking distance is all you can ask and hope for.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, we may have to pay him a boatload to stay knowing he'll have to pitch his butt off every single start and keep his ERA below 2
No, JD won't go through another offseason like he did last. Changes will be made. Maybe not in management but he'll do something.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more than a down year. This is a career worst for him. His smiles make him worth his extension, but damn he needs to start hitting.

Beltre had plenty of down years. You know better than to judge a player on one season, I would assume

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for not buying into "they aren't trying" that has to be one of the dumbest things fans say when teams start to lose.

And a lot of DUMB fans of a lot teams, say it.
Read what I wrote...I know they are trying, but the body chemistry is saying something different. Things have been going so poorly, that they've gotten worn out - slumping shoulders, hanging heads, complaining...it's human nature. But I do believe they are trying...my opinion!

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's such as shame..we have such a solid pitching staff now, and it's only going to improve. The worst Ranger offense in its history...honestly, I don't think I'm exaggerating on this, but I have no facts to back it up...

I was able to check the past 14 years back to 2000. The worst year offensively was the 09 team that hit 260 and scored 784 runs but they still hit 224 HR's. I am pretty confident that none of the teams in the 90's were this bad either.
Right now with 58 games to play this team is batting 259 and is on pace hit 183 HR's but only score 679 runs which is awful compared to what we have all seen over the years. If they continue at this pace this could go down as one of the worst offensive Ranger teams in a very long time but I would have to do some more digging.
So BLeslie your memory is pretty darn good.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is part of baseball, but it has seemed like all season we have more hits right at someone than the opponents. Even our 1 hit w/ RISP (I forgot earlier) was right at the OF. My GF said they need to take BP with fake fielders out there, and learn to hit away from them. lol.

yeah, we are getting hits...but it doesn't matter, they've lost all confidence and I don't think it's going to come around soon enough. Wait until they get a load of what JD said
lol!

I'm sure the morale will pick up when they realize they have no DH and maybe not Cruz....or maybe they'll be so mad they start knocking the cover off the ball.
that would be something
Nah

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to check the past 14 years back to 2000. The worst year offensively was the 09 team that hit 260 and scored 784 runs but they still hit 224 HR's. I am pretty confident that none of the teams in the 90's were this bad either.
Right now with 58 games to play this team is batting 259 and is on pace hit 183 HR's but only score 679 runs which is awful compared to what we have all seen over the years. If they continue at this pace this could go down as one of the worst offensive Ranger teams in a very long time but I would have to do some more digging.

Interesting and I remember that season that Kinsler had an awful year and the team was battling it out with Anaheim but then June came and they went on that huge offensive swoon for most of the summer. That year the pitching from what I remember wasn't that bad it was the offense that was struggling big time.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm officially not watching tomorrow maybe they will hit better

That did not work for me. Took the family out tonight and caught the top ninth we we returned. Should not have done that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what I wrote...I know they are trying, but the body chemistry is saying something different. Things have been going so poorly, that they've gotten worn out - slumping shoulders, hanging heads, complaining...it's human nature. But I do believe they are trying...my opinion!

I wasn't talking about you...????? I wasn't even talking about anything tonight...just in general

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the research! I will very surprised if you find any team in the entire Ranger history that is more anemic....maybe the 1971 or 1972 teams. They pre-date me - and they were truly awful...