• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz's perception of deep fly balls is awful. But I still love the guy. He gives us a lot of audio gold.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz's perception of deep fly balls is awful. But I still love the guy. He gives us a lot of audio gold.
Yeah, I have no issues with the guy.

I am still bitter that Nolan Ryan treated Lewin like shit and canned him.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Upton was deemed not worth the cost and probably correctly, not exactly lighting the world on fire in Atlanta

Mike Stanton is injury prone and would also have emptied out the farm system, which neither is the way to build a long term winner

I was speaking purely from a FA standpoint

There are risks involved. There are also moves that you won't make because you think the farm is the be all end all and most of them will remain just that and fizzle out. Like I said it's a fine line but there were options to be had there and by all indications JD was interested in Upton and to this day calls Miami every week about Stanton.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no issues with the guy.

I am still bitter that Nolan Ryan treated Lewin like shit and canned him.

No question. I absolutely loved Lewin. Still miss that SOB.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. I like you am pretty disappointed in Elvis this season. I thought and many have the hope that Elvis' body is still in the process of filling out and will improve his overall offense and power. The organization is going to have to have a talk with him this off season and tell him that they need and expect bigger and better thing from Elvis' bat. But I do agree that offensively he should be better.

Just a down year, ya know sometimes after guys do get that big pay check, it's a different game (pardon the pun) some may feel more pressure
he'll turn it around, he's looked a little better lately

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a down year, ya know sometimes after guys do get that big pay check, it's a different game (pardon the pun) some may feel more pressure
he'll turn it around, he's looked a little better lately
This is more than a down year. This is a career worst for him. His smiles make him worth his extension, but damn he needs to start hitting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that? Justin Upton was in the market. Not saying he'd be the cure of everything but he was on the market. Stanton while not seriously in the market is there to be had if the right package is dealt. It's not like the FO couldn't do anything. They just didn't do anything that would indicate this offense would be that great and with Elvis and Murphy shitting the bed thus far the offense has just been inconsistent and not fluid all season long.

Justin Upton? Are you kidding me? Go to fan graphs and get back to me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's typical. So even in the first half you cannot give Wash ANY credit. At what point do you say the talent is under performing? Sure there is talent but look at their record. They are certainly within striking distance, over .500 and still trying to grind things out. But folks like you regardless will lose their left nut but giving Wash ANY credit at all is a no no. That is the problem I have. You don't have to love the guy or agree with everything he does but at least be fair.

In the end tho I am glad JD and the front office are the ones making baseball decisions in Arlington because if we fans ran it then it would be a laughing stock.

Folks like me huh? I've given the guy credit every time he deserved it. I just refuse to continue to give him a pass because of the prior teams performances. The team has gotten better every year the FO added more talent to it, this was not going to be one of those years. Dont think it matters he will still be around next year doing the same things

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 back. >.<

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have to admit that we made it tough on them in the 9th....if this wasn't so sad it's laughable....:omg:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score 8 to lose in extras and get shutout the next day...yeah this team is going places.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are risks involved. There are also moves that you won't make because you think the farm is the be all end all and most of them will remain just that and fizzle out. Like I said it's a fine line but there were options to be had there and by all indications JD was interested in Upton and to this day calls Miami every week about Stanton.

Has anyone read that teams that call Miami can't even talk to the GM? Only the owner and the answer is no of course, apparently some guess they want ready to go players, not just prospects
and the fact that JD is calling every week means he's ready to deal Profar, which surprises me....but then it makes sense, get Profar playing all the time so they get a look.

we won't get Stanton, just thought it was interesting

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure those two Indian fans are quite happy about this series.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, shut out again. I think the Angels could catch us, 7 out is not that big of a deal with this team, at least they can hit....then again Puljos went down, maybe for the season and he was just starting to hit.
We'll probably hang on to second