• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you trade profar for Upton? I rather trade andrus

Profar is just a prospect. Elvis is proven and has done it for a while now. I'm not in the business to anoint every prospect the organization has. Most of them probably won't work out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was a homer by Beltre...wheww

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay without it turned out. And no Justin Upton is not proven. He had one MVP caliber season, and then reverted. That's not proven.

He's pretty solid. Profar and Olt were just prospects. Again I am not saying they should have done this and what not but to say JD didn't have any options and choices is not accurate.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz what is wrong with you? That ball didn't get to the warning track.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar is just a prospect. Elvis is proven and has done it for a while now. I'm not in the business to anoint every prospect the organization has. Most of them probably won't work out.
I love Elvis, but he's only proven on the defensive side. Career offensively he's been below league average. I want for him to figure it out and get on base at a more consistent rate. When he does get on base the dude is a threat to score.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay without it turned out. And no Justin Upton is not proven. He had one MVP caliber season, and then reverted. That's not proven.
Guys, we need to get Justin Upton off our minds - he's been a bust here in Atlanta. Had we traded Andrus or Profar for him, we'd be on the boards tonight bitching about what a waste Upton is and what a horrible trade it was...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's terrible at reading a ball off the bat and gets overly excited for routine fly outs.
You are so right but you don't really hate him do you?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Elvis, but he's only proven on the defensive side. Career offensively he's been below league average. I want for him to figure it out and get on base at a more consistent rate. When he does get on base the dude is a threat to score.

No question. I like you am pretty disappointed in Elvis this season. I thought and many have the hope that Elvis' body is still in the process of filling out and will improve his overall offense and power. The organization is going to have to have a talk with him this off season and tell him that they need and expect bigger and better thing from Elvis' bat. But I do agree that offensively he should be better.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we need to get Justin Upton off our minds - he's been a bust here in Atlanta. Had we traded Andrus or Profar for him, we'd be on the boards tonight bitching about what a waste Upton is and what a horrible trade it was...

Thank god, because JD chased him like he was Babe Ruth...staying up all night, I remember the interviews of JD being frustrated, no sleep

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that? Justin Upton was in the market. Not saying he'd be the cure of everything but he was on the market. Stanton while not seriously in the market is there to be had if the right package is dealt. It's not like the FO couldn't do anything. They just didn't do anything that would indicate this offense would be that great and with Elvis and Murphy shitting the bed thus far the offense has just been inconsistent and not fluid all season long.

Justin Upton was deemed not worth the cost and probably correctly, not exactly lighting the world on fire in Atlanta

Mike Stanton is injury prone and would also have emptied out the farm system, which neither is the way to build a long term winner

I was speaking purely from a FA standpoint