• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Perez needs to get his act together. That is 3 straight lousy starts.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
By the way. Perez needs to get his act together. That is 3 straight lousy starts.

Yes and its not going to get an easier when he faces the Angels on Wed. We will face J.Williams so maybe things will even out. My only issue with Perez is pitching out of the stretch. I think he will be fine but your right we need a much better start from him coming up.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best thing about games @ ALE is when you lose in extra innings ... you don't lose sleep.

Was out of the country for 2 weeks with very limited Internet ... and I come back to find TEX hasn't changed much.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and its not going to get an easier when he faces the Angels on Wed. We will face J.Williams so maybe things will even out. My only issue with Perez is pitching out of the stretch. I think he will be fine but your right we need a much better start from him coming up.

I mentioned that early in the game about his issues pitching out of the stretch. I do not know what was going on with that. I know that Garza was talking to him about it in the dugout. You really hate to score 8 runs and lose.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mentioned that early in the game about his issues pitching out of the stretch. I do not know what was going on with that. I know that Garza was talking to him about it in the dugout. You really hate to score 8 runs and lose.

To come all the way back and lose like that hurts but I was not feeling good when it went into xtra innings. The Rangers are what 1-7 now when they go beyond the 9th.. Not feeling good about future xtra inning games with this team. You have to hope it balances out

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To come all the way back and lose like that hurts but I was not feeling good when it went into xtra innings. The Rangers are what 1-7 now when they go beyond the 9th.. Not feeling good about future xtra inning games with this team. You have to hope it balances out
Reminds me of watching the Mavericks play in overtime last season.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this team 15 games over at one point? Also it could be harder for this team to come back because wash doesn't have all that talent that he's had in 2010-2012. Although I could be just be to down on this team

No question the team is different and is in a transition year. JD said it before the season that this year was going to be different. That's not to say they're going to hang it up and not try to win games but the team is different and will continue to look different going into next season.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To your point ... before last night TEX had lost two games all season when it scored 5 runs (4 Jun @ BOS L 17-5, 6 Jul vs HOU L 9-5). TEX had never lost a game when it scored more than six runs.

Two flare singles starting off the bottom of the 11th and a hanging slider for a HR makes it look like the loss is pinned on Frasor which it technically is. Frasor pitched a career high 2.1IP so the decision to bring him out for the 11th in a tie game when both Cotts and Scheppers were available is curious.

I've been gone for two weeks so I may be missing something ... but what am I missing? Was Wash surprised to be in a tie game at the end of nine and having used Wolf already was just sacrificing Frasor?

You never want to lose a game when you score eight runs ... when you haven't lost a game all year when you scored six.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point ... before last night TEX had lost two games all season when it scored 5 runs (4 Jun @ BOS L 17-5, 6 Jul vs HOU L 9-5).

Two flare singles starting off the bottom of the 11th and a hanging slider for a HR makes it look like the loss is pinned on Frasor which it technically is. Frasor pitched a career high 2.1IP so the decision to bring him out for the 11th in a tie game when both Cotts and Scheppers were available is curious.

I've been gone for two weeks so I may be missing something ... but what am I missing? Was Wash surprised to be in a tie game at the end of nine and having used Wolf already was just sacrificing Frasor?
Well, Scheppers was unavailable, Wolf was used, Soria was used.
That really leaves Nathan and Cotts as the best options. Both have been used quite a bit as of late and I won't say it would be smart to pull in either one of them, but after two innings of Frasor, you don't really have a choice.
In general, our bullpen has been great. Darvish is on the mound tonight against Masterson so let's hope he pitches a gem and our offense continues to score runs.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question the team is different and is in a transition year. JD said it before the season that this year was going to be different. That's not to say they're going to hang it up and not try to win games but the team is different and will continue to look different going into next season.
I believed him when he said that then, but I was hopping he had a plan. We just about used every major league ready player from AAA this year, Grimm, Tepesch, Profar, Olt, Perez, Beltre. If moving Kinsler to OF and playing Profar everyday his plan, we won't be much better than this year. And we'll be losing possibly Cruz, Murphy and AJ.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believed him when he said that then, but I was hopping he had a plan. We just about used every major league ready player from AAA this year, Grimm, Tepesch, Profar, Olt, Perez, Beltre. If moving Kinsler to OF and playing Profar everyday his plan, we won't be much better than this year. And we'll be losing possibly Cruz, Murphy and AJ.

I think they've had a plan all along. The only thing I think they didn't foresee happening this season was the absolute dive Elvis has gone into as well as Murphy. On top of that I think they're torn on Profar in the sense that yes he's a good prospect but they know there isn't a place for him here in the near future. They could still move Kins to the OF next year but why break up a good think when there is no need. It's tough to say what the plan will be but I think their plan is still to field a good team on the field but still manage the organization for 5 and 10 years down the road.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we are looking at more than just this year as a transition year. I don't think we will get the bats we need by the trade deadline nor the off season FA market. It may be JDs strategy to transform this team to the TB Rays model of good solid starting pitching, solid relief and a few bats that can give you enough. If we look at the A's it works well for them. The strategy is sound baseball but would it be good for business? Meaning will the offensively power baseball loving Texans settle for this? Will this transformed team pack the stadium in triple digit temps?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Scheppers was unavailable, Wolf was used, Soria was used.
That really leaves Nathan and Cotts as the best options. Both have been used quite a bit as of late and I won't say it would be smart to pull in either one of them, but after two innings of Frasor, you don't really have a choice.
In general, our bullpen has been great. Darvish is on the mound tonight against Masterson so let's hope he pitches a gem and our offense continues to score runs.

As I said ... been away ... but why was Scheppers not available?

In his 3 appearances since the break Scheppers had thrown 26 pitches in his three appearances ... 4 pitches the night before against NYY. Cotts had thrown 41 pitches in his three appearances ... 15 pitches two nights prior.

IMO either Cotts or Scheppers ought to have been better options in the 11th than asking Frasor to start a third inning of relief when 2.1 was his career high. Strange.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are looking at more than just this year as a transition year. I don't think we will get the bats we need by the trade deadline nor the off season FA market. It may be JDs strategy to transform this team to the TB Rays model of good solid starting pitching, solid relief and a few bats that can give you enough. If we look at the A's it works well for them. The strategy is sound baseball but would it be good for business? Meaning will the offensively power baseball loving Texans settle for this? Will this transformed team pack the stadium in triple digit temps?

No way they'll become like TB. Texas has a lot of money as well as ownership willing to spend and have a history of having a good offense through developing etc. It's just been one of those times the offense is struggling and there's not a ton guys out there that are difference makers other than Stanton and a hand full which are always really tough to get.

The organization will be fine...they're just going through a period where all their position players and hitters are in the low level minor leagues but they won't become TB.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said ... been away ... but why was Scheppers not available?

In his 3 appearances since the break Scheppers had thrown 26 pitches in his three appearances ... 4 pitches the night before against NYY. Cotts had thrown 41 pitches in his three appearances ... 15 pitches two nights prior.

IMO either Cotts or Scheppers ought to have been better options in the 11th than asking Frasor to start a third inning of relief when 2.1 was his career high. Strange.
Something about a cut and bruised eye/headache. :noidea:

Off-Topic, but does anyone here know where I can find video of Darvish's 9 strikeouts against the White Sox on 4/30/13? I searched on mlb.com and they seem to have video of all his strikeouts...except for that start >.<

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more to what I think their thinking. But, correct me if I'm wrong, TB and Oak made it to the World Series once in the past say 15 years. Atlanta was to be the model franchise and I think they won the World Series once again. Is that necessarily a good model to follow? I'd rather have a good balance somehow.

These are good teams however.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant@Evan_P_Grant [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]361167643627102211[/MEDIA]"]1m[/ame]
Turns out Tanner Scheppers was unavailable last night, though Ron Washington claimed he was. More on his situation this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they'll become like TB. Texas has a lot of money as well as ownership willing to spend and have a history of having a good offense through developing etc. It's just been one of those times the offense is struggling and there's not a ton guys out there that are difference makers other than Stanton and a hand full which are always really tough to get.

The organization will be fine...they're just going through a period where all their position players and hitters are in the low level minor leagues but they won't become TB.
If we want to model ourselves like another franchise, I would pick St. Louis...great farm system, solid front office, good pipeline of talent (both pitching and position players), and proven winners with a dedicated fan base, as we unfortunately know. They primarily utilize their farm system to stock the big club, trade only when they have a need, and are smart with the free agent pickups. They are the best model to follow IMO, and I think for the most part, we seem to be going down that path....good for us!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant@Evan_P_Grant 1m
Turns out Tanner Scheppers was unavailable last night, though Ron Washington claimed he was. More on his situation this afternoon.

Why the difference then? If he was unavailable he was unavailable. Why didn't Ron say so?

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to model ourselves like another franchise, I would pick St. Louis...great farm system, solid front office, good pipeline of talent (both pitching and position players), and proven winners with a dedicated fan base, as we unfortunately know. They primarily utilize their farm system to stock the big club, trade only when they have a need, and are smart with the free agent pickups. They are the best model to follow IMO, and I think for the most part, we seem to be going down that path....good for us!

There was actually an article written earlier this season that pointed out many parallels between us and the cards.