• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why me being a fan of the Heat (which I have been for my entire life, just so you know) has any relevance to the fact that most of you are quitting on the team you're supposed to be supporting. You can all carry your doom and gloom, piss poor attitudes with you all you want, I won't.
Because being a fan of the heat makes everything you say irrelevant to me sports wise. You cannot like the Rangers and Cowboys and like the heat. That's not okay, and you need to be called out for that.

You should also see the difference between objectivity and wearing rose colored glasses. Grow a pair and learn to see the signs of a team in a downward spiral. As it stands now, unless Garza extends, trading for him is gonna be a waste. Texas has many glaring problems, that one trade for a MotRP was not going to fix. Night in and night out Texas isn't playing with what it takes to win games. They go cold and go cold for long periods as a team. Any reasonable person can see that they are not playing well and scuffling. If you can admit that, then I might take you seriously.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Cards started strong, limped through the summer months, and had a huge September and carried that momentum to a WS. Plenty of parallels.

I'd have to look at their records through the mid-season, that team is better than this one.

But I hear ya.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have faith in this team. If this team didnt have the talent and was just a suprise team in the beginning then I wouldn't have faith but since we have the talent I have more faith

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg ‏@NewbergReport 7m
Wash basically said Cotts & Nathan were available. Scheppers wasn't, despite 4 pitches Thurs & no work Tues/Wed. Surely he didn't say that.

I hope there's a sane reason for this.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna bang Gina Miller. It would make a shitty night pretty epic if that happened.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg ‏@NewbergReport 7m
Wash basically said Cotts & Nathan were available. Scheppers wasn't, despite 4 pitches Thurs & no work Tues/Wed. Surely he didn't say that.

I hope there's a sane reason for this.
Didn't he also screw up and put Engel in left field and say screw it and leave him there?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-30 last 54. I say sit tight, make no trades, and do work in the offseason. No reason to give up more assets for 1 bat which won't make a bit of difference on this sinking ship. Bullpen is solid. When healthy the SP is good enough. Just address catcher, DH, and the outfield in the offseason and roll the dice in 2014....preferably with a good competent manager, but probably too much to ask for.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why me being a fan of the Heat (which I have been for my entire life, just so you know) has any relevance to the fact that most of you are quitting on the team you're supposed to be supporting. You can all carry your doom and gloom, piss poor attitudes with you all you want, I won't.
Being down on our team doesn't mean we're quitters. Hell, given the Rangers historical track record, I could have "quit" on this team about 1980....but I bitch and complain and come back for more every night...we're Ranger fans! This is what we do....

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-30 last 54. I say sit tight, make no trades, and do work in the offseason. No reason to give up more assets for 1 bat which won't make a bit of difference on this sinking ship. Bullpen is solid. When healthy the SP is good enough. Just address catcher, DH, and the outfield in the offseason and roll the dice in 2014....preferably with a good competent manager, but probably too much to ask for.
Need to sign Hunter Pence in the off season. Huge upgrade over Murphy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I heard Maddux handles pretty much all/most of the pitching side. Maddux deserves blame as well especially if that is the case.

I've tried to explain that Maddux has a pretty big say in these things, but it's easier to blame Wash...who does have the final say.
But some want Maddux to be the manager...how do they know Maddux would be a better manager is my question.

We weren't going to score again anyway, maybe trying to save the pen for the next two, who knows.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's anybody's division and league. Sorry you don't raise the white flag dude. The core of this thing is still strong. Good gosh I understand being critical but don't be irrational and unrealistic.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to sign Hunter Pence in the off season. Huge upgrade over Murphy.

If I remember he doesn't have a ton of plate discipline and doesn't walk very much but I agree he would fit in and be great with this team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The starting pitching, bullpen and defense is good the base running and offense is ugly though

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember he doesn't have a ton of plate discipline and doesn't walk very much but I agree he would fit in and be great with this team.
117 career wRC+. He's also a good fielder. He'll be 31 next year, but a 3 year deal for him would be a godo one.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because being a fan of the heat makes everything you say irrelevant to me sports wise. You cannot like the Rangers and Cowboys and like the heat. That's not okay, and you need to be called out for that.

You should also see the difference between objectivity and wearing rose colored glasses. Grow a pair and learn to see the signs of a team in a downward spiral. As it stands now, unless Garza extends, trading for him is gonna be a waste. Texas has many glaring problems, that one trade for a MotRP was not going to fix. Night in and night out Texas isn't playing with what it takes to win games. They go cold and go cold for long periods as a team. Any reasonable person can see that they are not playing well and scuffling. If you can admit that, then I might take you seriously.

Who I root for has no weight in anything. Call me out all you want, it really shouldn't have any bearing on what I'm saying. You could go down the list of people who are here rooting for the Rangers, and find plenty of people who root for other teams from other cities. It's fucking immature for you to say that because I'm a lifetime Heat fan, anything I say is irrelevant to you. There isn't a rule saying you have to like all teams from all sports from one city, that's ignorant.

I know they are struggling, and I know they have issues, I never said that they didn't. But with 59 games left, 9 against the A's who we have a winning record against, the majority of the rest against sub .500 teams, and only being at most 4 games back, I'm not throwing in the towel. I still have faith they can turn it around, we all know what the offense is capable of doing if they can manage to put it all together consistently. They were doing it in the beginning of the year, is it really so unfeasible to think they can't get it going again?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
117 career wRC+. He's also a good fielder. He'll be 31 next year, but a 3 year deal for him would be a godo one.

I don't want to sound old but is it just me or is it freaking crazy that Hunter Pence is almost 31 years old?