• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis and Moreland have both been better offensively than Murphy, and both are far superior defenders. Some people just refuse to look at things objectively.

Not true at all, Murphy has the best UZR on the team this season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to preface, I know Murph has had a horrible season, albeit very unlucky. It's just really irritating to see people basically forming lynch mobs for the guy, but on the other hand excuse Elvis for having a poor offensive season because he's been a "great" defender this season. It gets fucking old. Mitch has been pretty bad outside of the few weeks he was hot prior to his injury, but nobody is calling for him to be traded. People refuse to look at things objectively.

Well the calls were originally for other people to get ABs, in the case of Andrus, he had just signed a big contract, they were not going to bench him, in the case of Moreland, who else was going to man 1B? Chirinos, McGuinnes, Berkman? Options were limited there

Calls to trade Murphy didn't start until Wash refused to sit Murphy and give guys like Baker, or Beltre a shot on any sort of consistent basis

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all, Murphy has the best UZR on the team this season.

UZR is not the most reliable metric. Especially when used by itself.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my credit, I clearly said no more than 2 hours ago that "Murphy is hitting bad, but so are about 5 other rangers." We all see whats going on. But murphy is pretty much the only player that hasn't even been hot yet this year. Its been a constant struggle with him and we have better options. Yes I mean beltre.

To your credit yes, but he's the only player to ever be singled out for poor offense, and being called to be traded and constantly benched.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Wash has any reason to have murphy in the lineup is absurd.

He's hit a little better as of late and had a hit late in this game that was important. Yes Murphy has been bad but he's done ok today.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some people get so butthurt when someone says someone is playing bad? Its their job. They get paid many millions to do something they love, and get respect and celebrity status. If someone with these qualifications ISNT doing their job, then we're gonna get upset about it. That's just the way it works. Elvis is gold glove quality at SS, and mitch moreland before he got hurt he was as hot as anyone on our team.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I freaking love you Martin. No homo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your credit yes, but he's the only player to ever be singled out for poor offense, and being called to be traded and constantly benched.

He's the only player we have better options for.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some people get so butthurt when someone says someone is playing bad? Its their job. They get paid many millions to do something they love, and get respect and celebrity status. If someone with these qualifications ISNT doing their job, then we're gonna get upset about it. That's just the way it works. Elvis is gold glove quality at SS, and mitch moreland before he got hurt he was as hot as anyone on our team.

I don't think anybody is getting butt hurt. We all have our opinions and that is fine.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin knows how to lay down a bunt.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinsler is constantly bagged on for pop-ups, Andrus has been constantly bagged on, Moreland has been bagged on, as has Nellie when he started out slow, Beltre has even had moments when people were frustrated with him

Problem with all those guys, outside of maybe Andrus, is that the good moments have outnumbered the bad

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not "butthurt" at all, I'll be the first person to say Murphy has been terrible. I just get tired of the same old rhetoric of calling for the guys head.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY is one of the best hitters in this franchise's history, but we got on him last year just as much as anyone else. It happens. Show up to work and do your job

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone watching the game or just the usual complaining about Murph?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not "butthurt" at all, I'll be the first person to say Murphy has been terrible. I just get tired of the same old rhetoric of calling for the guys head.

The guy isn't performing and we have other options the manager refuses to try. That's the difference.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like last year with Young, its Wash's fault for creating the situation for the player, Young wasn't getting it done, and Wash stubbornly stuck by him all year

He's doing the same thing this year with Murphy, even though in years past when we WANTED him to play more, Wash only used him as a 4th OFer, his rationale makes no sense