• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Play the Angels September 27-29

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers close out the season against the Angels. The first two games of the series will see deGrom and Heaney starting for us. The last game of the year has TBD as the pitcher. Evan suggested to me earlier this week that the last game could be a bullpen game. Eovaldi is due to pitch, but apparently he won't.

The Rangers currently have the 7th best odds in the draft lottery sweepstakes. To pass either the Blue Jays or the Pirates, those teams would have to win 2 more games than the Rangers this weekend. That most likely will not happen. The Blue Jays do play the Marlins, though. The Pirates play the Yankees.

We also have to worry about the Reds catching us. We can't win more than they do this weekend or they go past us. They play the Cubs.

I don't imagine this weekend holds much in store as far as learning about the future. Leiter, Rocker and Bradford are all done for the year. No true hitting prospect besides Foscue has been up long enough to find out anything about them. Foscue would have to have a pretty big weekend for anyone to be very encouraged about what he has shown so far.

We are about to flip the page over to the offseason after we play out the string. Personally, I would love to see us pass one of those lottery teams, but that most likely won't happen. Having slightly better odds could mean the difference in an almost can't miss guy and a guy with a decent chance of being an impact player.

I am not sure when Duran is due back. I would imagine Duffy gets DFA when that happens.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers close out the season against the Angels. The first two games of the series will see deGrom and Heaney starting for us. The last game of the year has TBD as the pitcher. Evan suggested to me earlier this week that the last game could be a bullpen game. Eovaldi is due to pitch, but apparently he won't.

The Rangers currently have the 7th best odds in the draft lottery sweepstakes. To pass either the Blue Jays or the Pirates, those teams would have to win 2 more games than the Rangers this weekend. That most likely will not happen. The Blue Jays do play the Marlins, though. The Pirates play the Yankees.

We also have to worry about the Reds catching us. We can't win more than they do this weekend or they go past us. They play the Cubs.

I don't imagine this weekend holds much in store as far as learning about the future. Leiter, Rocker and Bradford are all done for the year. No true hitting prospect besides Foscue has been up long enough to find out anything about them. Foscue would have to have a pretty big weekend for anyone to be very encouraged about what he has shown so far.

We are about to flip the page over to the offseason after we play out the string. Personally, I would love to see us pass one of those lottery teams, but that most likely won't happen. Having slightly better odds could mean the difference in an almost can't miss guy and a guy with a decent chance of being an impact player.

I am not sure when Duran is due back. I would imagine Duffy gets DFA when that happens.
Yes Foscue has been a disappointent since coming up but it has not been a long stretch either so maybe better days ahead.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for handling these threads this season Bennie. We don’t always agree but I do quite agree with your takes quite a bit

You are definitely invested in this team and I am fortunate to interact with you as well as all those who frequent this site and are equally invested

Tough year but we enjoyed this year as champs and well deserved IMO

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for handling these threads this season Bennie. We don’t always agree but I do quite agree with your takes quite a bit

You are definitely invested in this team and I am fortunate to interact with you as well as all those who frequent this site and are equally invested

Tough year but we enjoyed this year as champs and well deserved IMO
Thank you, David. I appreciate you saying that. We faced a lot of challenges this year as fans, and we probably have some more to come.

I am thankful we have a team and enough fans who support our team that we most likely won't ever face what the diehard Oakland fans are facing right now. That is a huge blessing to us fans.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, David. I appreciate you saying that. We faced a lot of challenges this year as fans, and we probably have some more to come.

I am thankful we have a team and enough fans who support our team that we most likely won't ever face what the diehard Oakland fans are facing right now. That is a huge blessing to us fans.
Will say this much. As a former STH I did endure the heat alot although I at least had shade seats.

Ranger fans have always attended but Oaktown apparently face up but if any fanbase had some reasons they sure did dumping every good player and basically putting out the. Eat team they could without spending
Really a fiasco and a black eye to MLB and Manfred

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never heard this
Beltre speaks on how we were to pitch to Freese

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never heard this
Beltre speaks on how we were to pitch to Freese
I don't blame Feliz. I only slightly blame Cruz. I mostly blame Ron Washington for not putting Endy Chavez in RF in the 9th inning as a defensive replacement.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Foscue has been a disappointent since coming up but it has not been a long stretch either so maybe better days ahead.
It took a Langford awhile to get going. And that’s with regular playing time. Foscue hasn’t gotten that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a Langford awhile to get going. And that’s with regular playing time. Foscue hasn’t gotten that.
The problem is, that it takes a guy like Langford to get regular playing time before he has proven anything at the big league level. Guys like Langford, Jung, Carter, Gallo, Mazara, Blalock, Kinsler, Elvis, and Young get those prolonged opportunities. The other guys do not get those kinds of chances, except when there is an injury, like with Smith this year.

Then you have guys like Huff who did prove himself with another manager, but that counts for nothing with the present manager.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, that it takes a guy like Langford to get regular playing time before he has proven anything at the big league level. Guys like Langford, Jung, Carter, Gallo, Mazara, Blalock, Kinsler, Elvis, and Young get those prolonged opportunities. The other guys do not get those kinds of chances, except when there is an injury, like with Smith this year.

Then you have guys like Huff who did prove himself with another manager, but that counts for nothing with the present manager.
There is a lot of great expectations in regards to Langford and Jung so the team is eager to plug them into the lineup. But that is a minority. The others have to earn it or a DL stint by the starter opens the door and gives them an opportunity to prove themselves.

Those with the great fanfare get a longer opportunity to prove themselves.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of great expectations in regards to Langford and Jung so the team is eager to plug them into the lineup. But that is a minority. The others have to earn it or a DL stint by the starter opens the door and gives them an opportunity to prove themselves.

Those with the great fanfare get a longer opportunity to prove themselves.
Yep, and in the meantime, a lot of guys who might be able to prove themselves will never get the opportunity to do so.. Even the guys who do great in the minors fail to get much of a chance a lot of the time, unless everyone expected them to do great.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Reds lost.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think after I read a comment earlier today about owners who move their teams from one area to another one. Are the Expos/Nationals the only team to do so between the time the Senators moved here, and the Athletics impending move? Am I overlooking another MLB team that did so?