• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers limping into June and in COL for three... Jun 1-3

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1 finds the Rangers in Colorado, with a 6 game losing streak underway and the worst away record in the AL. Dunning, Lyles, and Folty will be the starters for this series. I put the line of HR the Rockies hit at 8. To his credit, Folty has been a decent starter. I doubt there's much interest in him at the deadline, but his season is going better than I expected.

Not much to get excited about on the offense side except for Garcia of course. Rangers went 1-for-18 w/RISP in Seattle. They just can't seem to hit when they need to. Maybe the thin air gives them a boost, but I honestly don't seem them winning more than a game in this one, and that might be optimistic.

On the plus side, I've got Spectrum now so I get to watch the games.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1 finds the Rangers in Colorado, with a 6 game losing streak underway and the worst away record in the AL. Dunning, Lyles, and Folty will be the starters for this series. I put the line of HR the Rockies hit at 8. To his credit, Folty has been a decent starter. I doubt there's much interest in him at the deadline, but his season is going better than I expected.

Not much to get excited about on the offense side except for Garcia of course. Rangers went 1-for-18 w/RISP in Seattle. They just can't seem to hit when they need to. Maybe the thin air gives them a boost, but I honestly don't seem them winning more than a game in this one, and that might be optimistic.

On the plus side, I've got Spectrum now so I get to watch the games.
Good that you get to watch. Maybe others will follow. RISP failure has been one of few things that has been consistent. Because it has been consistent in so many series, it may be we really are a very bad team making opponents pitching even better.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good that you get to watch. Maybe others will follow. RISP failure has been one of few things that has been consistent. Because it has been consistent in so many series, it may be we really are a very bad team making opponents pitching even better.

Seems like the team has a free swinging approach that has success every once in a while, so they stick with it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone on board with this offer? Not me. Save it for a younger player who will be around when we actually have a good chance to be done rebuilding.

He most likely gets a longer deal at a somewhat lesser AAV than what Adam is thinking.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like things about to turn around for y’all. Usually happens when teams play the Rockies.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone on board with this offer? Not me. Save it for a younger player who will be around when we actually have a good chance to be done rebuilding.

He most likely gets a longer deal at a somewhat lesser AAV than what Adam is thinking.

3/65, I *might* be on board with. 2/65 is a hard pass.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers on pace to win 65 games. I thought they would struggle to win 70 games this season.

The rebuild supposedly started after the 2017 season.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuned in just in time to see IKF flail at a ball a foot out of the zone.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how much buzz Curtis Terry would be creating up here right now, had we not traded for Lowe.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rangers Injury Report​

10-Day Injured List​

• David Dahl (left rib cage contusion): Rangers manager Chris Woodward said Sunday morning that Dahl should be "100 percent" when he is eligible to come off the IL on June 5.
  • Kyle Gibson (right groin strain): Gibson is throwing an extended bullpen on Tuesday. Chris Woodward said if everything goes according to plan, Gibson could possibly return to the mound on June 4 vs Tampa Bay at home.
  • Hunter Wood (right elbow discomfort): Wood has returned to his home in Arkansas for a few days for the birth of his fourth child and will be further evaluated on his return.

60-Day Injured List​

• Kohei Arihara (right shoulder surgery): Arihara had procedure Thursday morning for repair of posterior circumflex humeral artery aneurysm in right arm. Procedure was performed by vascular surgeon Dr. Gregory Pearl in Dallas and went as expected. The aneurysm was removed and artery repaired. Arihara will have a follow-up visit in about a month with no throwing in the interim.
  • Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush is currently in a six-week shutdown, then will undergo an MRI. It's looking like the soonest Bush could come back is around the All-Star break.
  • Kyle Cody (right shoulder impingement): What was initially ruled as just inflammation, Cody's injury is much more long-term than expected. His timetable remains unclear.
  • Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on April 28.
  • Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
  • Sam Huff (arthroscopic knee surgery): Huff was near the end of his rehab regarding his hamstring injury, but tweaked his knee in the batting cage near the end of minor league camp. Huff had surgery on April 28 to remove a "loose body" in his knee. His prognosis from the time of surgery is eight weeks.
  • José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are currently in line to draft 5th in next year's draft.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers on pace to win 65 games. I thought they would struggle to win 70 games this season.

The rebuild supposedly started after the 2017 season.

is It just me or does it seem like our farm system never sends guys to the major league team who stick?

Gallo has been a ranger forever. Gallo even played with lots of the old school rangers from nearly 10 years ago. The other one I can think is IKF who has been around for seemingly a long time. When is this great transition from the farm to the major leagues supposed to happen? How come I can barely think of any pitchers we have developed and sent to the majors?

lots of questions that need answers.